Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Don't Break u r heads

Processing times certainly vary from employer to employer and in my opinion it wud be a futile effort to concise...don't get me wrong. Specially in smaller states such NH RI VT etc. ONLY way that one can an update is from your employer/attorney if one of them had obtained info directly from labor officer abt pending cases. As individuals please do not try to call Labor officers directly as you may not have all of the info on the case. Not that you shudn't, you cud. BUT GC is something a company sponsors and why shud individuals follow up with Officers directly is the question and specially when they may not have full information. Any how guys its just couple of months ....then its ll going to be NPC then PERM. Any questions pl feel free to contact me I will be more than happy to assist.
Ravi Obbu VP Operations Infowave Systems Inc

GC_VETA_GADU said:
I have no intention to mislead the people in this forum. though I would let you guys know what i know. As msdn2006 mentioned it might be a way the employers in NH & Maine attract the people in need of Green Card.

GC _MAY , you might not be wrong.

I know a friend whose state labor cleared in 4 days from NH.
His is moved to Boston very recently.
I am pretty sure about this.

Hi Raviobbu

Hello my name is ravi too. my co. had applied my LC from NH non rir ON MARCH 04 AND GOT IT APPROVED AND MOVED TO BOSTON DOL on 24th november. I HAVE 3 Questopns

1. with your experience, how long you think it will take to get federal approval
2. Come 1st jan 05 do you think it will go to NPC or remain with Boston DOL?
3. Do you think that I cannot file I140 and 485 simultaneously in EB3 from Jan05 because of expected non availability of visa nos for EB3

As always Your suggestions are highly appreciated .

Thanks
Ravi

Redds777 said:
Hello my name is ravi too. my co. had applied my LC from NH non rir ON MARCH 04 AND GOT IT APPROVED AND MOVED TO BOSTON DOL on 24th november. I HAVE 3 Questopns

1. with your experience, how long you think it will take to get federal approval
2. Come 1st jan 05 do you think it will go to NPC or remain with Boston DOL?
3. Do you think that I cannot file I140 and 485 simultaneously in EB3 from Jan05 because of expected non availability of visa nos for EB3

As always Your suggestions are highly appreciated .

Thanks
Ravi

1. I have no idea how long it will take, but it won't be very fast by current processing speed, has to be more than two months.

2. I am not sure either. I think there is no application go for SWA from Jan. but for DOL, I don't know.

3. You will be very lucky if you get approved and will be able to go on I140 and 485 in Jan. You have to make sure when they put your case into the DOL system, sometimes, takes a couple of weeks.

Thank you anxiouswaiting

Thank you for the reply . i guess i have to wait and watch . hey i have another question .

on first jan05 if EB3 category people cannot apply 1485 because of non availability of visa nos. then i can apply only I140 right ?? can i still change the employer after 6 months from receipt date of I140 ??? (this i guess is called AC21 portability ) or is it 6 months form I485 receipt date???

can any one clarify on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi.

Redds777 said:
Thank you for the reply . i guess i have to wait and watch . hey i have another question .

on first jan05 if EB3 category people cannot apply 1485 because of non availability of visa nos. then i can apply only I140 right ?? can i still change the employer after 6 months from receipt date of I140 ??? (this i guess is called AC21 portability ) or is it 6 months form I485 receipt date???

can any one clarify on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi.

Sorry, I know nothing about the visa nos. But I think if you want to change emplyer, you have to get your I-140 approved and your I-485 has been filed more than 6 months. At least currently, the I-140 is not very slow, which is encouraging.

Folks,

I cant believe this! but it is true. Today my attorney emailed that my labor has been certified.

Details:
RIR/EB2
Received at Boston DOL: 26th Sep 2004

I wish you a very best of luck to each and every one in this forum for their rest of GC aspirations.

So guys, see you all in the next forums and wish me good luck too.

a_ven

Questions.

Does anyone know that latest LC approval date for NON-RIR cases @ Boston DOL?
Does the DOL approval date depend on the SWA from where the application is transferred or is it just on the basis of RIR/NON-RIR?
Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

I just got my labor cleared at State level and forwarded to Boston DOL. Does anyone know how much time is it taking at Regioal level.

And is there a number where we can check status and what all info do you need ?

Thanks

Congrats.. a_ven..... Thats fantastic.... I wish mine is also cleared soon..

a_ven said:
Folks,

I cant believe this! but it is true. Today my attorney emailed that my labor has been certified.

Details:
RIR/EB2

I wish you a very best of luck to each and every one in this forum for their rest of GC aspirations.

a_ven

EB2 or EB3

what is my situation???? EB2 or EB3

750A&B says min 3 yrs required with BS
I have more than 5 yrs exp (with BS) and declared the same in labor petion
How can i file I-140/I485 in EB2 or EB3??????

H1 B extension

Guys,

I have a question regarding H1 extension.

I used to work for company A .They had filed for my labor certification 3 years back . This got remanded back to state in Jun 2003 and I havenot heard anything from them yet. I know have joined company B which has reapplied for my labor from east coast. I wanted to know if company B can apply for a H1 extension based on the labor certification that was applied by company A. any kind of concrete information will be helpful . Also if anyone has done this please let me know.

Thanks

Congrats! Is it a New Hampshire labor or from Maine

Thanks

a_ven said:
Folks,

Details:
RIR/EB2

a_ven

Yes you can, I did the same thing

GC23 said:
Guys,

I have a question regarding H1 extension.

I used to work for company A .They had filed for my labor certification 3 years back . This got remanded back to state in Jun 2003 and I havenot heard anything from them yet. I know have joined company B which has reapplied for my labor from east coast. I wanted to know if company B can apply for a H1 extension based on the labor certification that was applied by company A. any kind of concrete information will be helpful . Also if anyone has done this please let me know.

Thanks

Posting the questions again. Please reply.

Does anyone know that latest LC approval date for NON-RIR cases @ Boston DOL?
Does the DOL approval date depend on the SWA from where the application is transferred or is it just on the basis of RIR/NON-RIR?
Thanks.

New Hampshire Oct 1st week labor

If anyone has a receipt date of 1st week of October(in Boston DOL) from New Hampshire, please post when your labor gets approved and I'll do the same

Thanks

My case is moved in Oct 3rd week. Can I know when is your's moved? I am guessing yours is Oct 1st week. Please confirm.

webjockey said:
If anyone has a receipt date of 1st week of October(in Boston DOL) from New Hampshire, please post when your labor gets approved and I'll do the same

Thanks

How to fnd out that your case has been entered in DOL system ? And also are the cases processed by priority date or by the State where they were cleared.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks