Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Redds777 said:
Hello everyone . my name Ravi and i have a question . can some one answer me and help me on this one please.

My State labor was cleared from NH and sent to boston DOL on 24th nov. its NON RIR. Sofor it is not yet entered into the system at boston . if they cannot enter in to the system before 31st dec 04 . does that go to the backlog elimination centers or it will be complted in boston itself .

Thankas in advance for your help.
Ravi.
Ravi:
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/backlogcastrans.pdf
Labor dept. memo gives instructions for SWA only. So if you are cleared or atleast they started processing your case at state, then your case will not likely go to BRC/BEC. You should be safe for now.

Status Update

laborBadhi and Others,

Can you please provide me with the BOSTON DOL Tel# and other details that I need to have to check the case status.

Thanks

pk_karim said:
In 750A forms mentioned 3 yrs, BS required
In 750B mentioned total expereince claimed 7 yrs from all previous employers.
Which one is mine????? EB2 or EB3????????????????

BS + 5 yrs of expr qualifies for EB2 category. But does it matter in case of Labor Cert? I thought EB2/EB3 matters only in case of I140/485 stage.

If you can provide the exact reason why was the NOF was issued, that will be great. We can then find out more information on how to take care of it, in the future.

Thanks.

uml said:
Personally, I don't think they care about EB2 or EB3 at this state labor stage. i could be wrong. The EB2/3 are only relevant at I-140 stage. Correct me if expert knows.

The DOL lady just talking about Non-RIR generally I think. My case is almost same to yours.

Non-RIR/EB2
Case Transferred to DOL in November.

Great ! Then let's keep everyone in the loop for NON-RIR/EB2 LC progress.
I am just worried about the NOF that pk_karim mentioned. I heard that it was mainly for the RIR cases. AW, finally everything boils down to the timing/luck.
Thanks.

Any recent approval from Boston DOL for RIR & EB2 ??
My Application moved from state on Oct 22nd.
Will my application goes into federal Backlog ?
Can some one share any information..thanx in advance ...

617-788-0171
617-788-0152 M/W/F 9AM-12 NOON

L.B.
MainGC said:
laborBadhi and Others,

Can you please provide me with the BOSTON DOL Tel# and other details that I need to have to check the case status.

Thanks

Just came to know from my attorney... The EB2/EB3 catogory will decide in labor stage itself. That is all depened on job requirement.

Regards,
L.B.
DeCgC_007 said:
BS + 5 yrs of expr qualifies for EB2 category. But does it matter in case of Labor Cert? I thought EB2/EB3 matters only in case of I140/485 stage.

If you can provide the exact reason why was the NOF was issued, that will be great. We can then find out more information on how to take care of it, in the future.

Thanks.

LaborBadhi said:
My case is moved in Oct 3rd week. Can I know when is your's moved? I am guessing yours is Oct 1st week. Please confirm.
My Application is moved from state on oct 22nd. plz post for any recent approvals.

webjockey said:
If anyone has a receipt date of 1st week of October(in Boston DOL) from New Hampshire, please post when your labor gets approved and I'll do the same

Thanks
WebJockey,
Any Update of ur application ??

LaborBadhi said:
617-788-0171
617-788-0152 M/W/F 9AM-12 NOON

L.B.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for the past a couple of weeks. I keep trying calling them M/W/F mornings, just could not reach "the nice lady" anymore. The automatic line has been down for a long time, actually, it was only been working for a few weeks as my understanding. But I will keep trying and keep you update if I get hold of the DOL.

thank you GC XP for the timely reply

thank you GC XP for the timely reply . i have to wait and see how long ittakes to enter in to BostonDOL system . it received mine on nov 24th.

Ravi

gc_xp said:
Ravi:
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/backlogcastrans.pdf
Labor dept. memo gives instructions for SWA only. So if you are cleared or atleast they started processing your case at state, then your case will not likely go to BRC/BEC. You should be safe for now.

The visa retrogression; is it for all employement based visa or for nationals of certain countries? Does anyone know?

Do we all have to wait after end of 04 or only people from a few countries and do you know which countries?

jifjef said:
The visa retrogression; is it for all employement based visa or for nationals of certain countries? Does anyone know?

Do we all have to wait after end of 04 or only people from a few countries and do you know which countries?

Its for EB-3 category people born in India, China & Philippines only

Approved Labor and filing I-140 /485.

Hi Guys,

I need guidance from all of you, I am in a position to get a substitue labor and company is willing to file my I-140 and 485 together right now. But I am having few question in the same regards.

1) What are the chances of I-140 denial as it will be on substitue labor.
2) As this labor was filed from NH and I am working in MA from last couple of years, Can USCIS denies based on saying the person is not working in the state from where the labor is ?
3) What's the average percent of gettting I-140 approved in case of substitue lobor.

Any suggesstion of guidance will be appreciated.

thanks

GannyMids said:
Hi Guys,

I need guidance from all of you, I am in a position to get a substitue labor and company is willing to file my I-140 and 485 together right now. But I am having few question in the same regards.

1) What are the chances of I-140 denial as it will be on substitue labor.

No one can measure the approval percentage, but what I have seen in the past, you dont get denied by Substitue labor. Otherwise there won't be any substitue labor. It all depends on what the labor states, do you have same qualification or no and the employer has an ability to pay whatever mentioned in labor.

2) As this labor was filed from NH and I am working in MA from last couple of years, Can USCIS denies based on saying the person is not working in the state from where the labor is ?

Green Card is for future job, so you can work in East coast, and get the labor from West coast. No need to worry about it. Once you file I-140 and I-485, try to switch job based on AC-21 cause, it no where states that the job should be in the same metropolitian area.

3) What's the average percent of gettting I-140 approved in case of substitue lobor.

Check answer 1 for this.

Any suggesstion of guidance will be appreciated.

Hope this helps. Good luck with you pre-approved labor.

thanks

Hope this is real

:) 12/12/2004: DOL Backlog Reduction Centers' Processing Queue Under FIFO Processing

Many of the readers have sent us a question on how the Backlog Centers would process the cases once cases are transferred from the local state offices. Since there are more than 300,000 backlog cases in the pipeline, they were very concerned.
According to the available sources of information, these backlog centers are and will be processing the cases on two principles. One is to process and maintain a separate queue for each different type of cases, such as RIR, Regular Case, Limited Review Processing, Faculty Special Handling, Etc. They will then process in each of these different queues in the order of First In and First Out (FIFO). There are no available information about the number of backlog cases in each of these different types of cases. However, it is evident that the largest number of cases fall under the category of "regular" labor certification applications of 245(i) benefit which were filed immediately prior to April 30, 2001. These are also the cases which the Inspector General of DOL was most concerned about the potential frauds, irregularities, or filing flaws in his recent release of the audit results. The waiters in this type of cases should not expect a quick fix for the two reasons. Firstly, they are standing in the long, long, long line or queue. Secondly, their cases may be more intensively scrutinized than other types of cases, causing processing delays. On the other hand, the non-regular cases may be processed fairly in a limited period of time because they have a shorter queue and will be subject to less scrutiny. These waiters should not be intimated or overly concerned by the simple total backlog numbers of over 300,000 cases. Please enjoy your holidays!

***Source: immigration-law.com

Hello Everyone,

I had couple of questions and would appreciate if anyone can answer this :

1. How do I know when My case is entered in DOL System? The letter from the SWESA said that it was forwarded on Dec 1st.

2. Is there a Automated Tel # to check the status of the case ?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

MainGC said:
Hello Everyone,

I had couple of questions and would appreciate if anyone can answer this :

1. How do I know when My case is entered in DOL System? The letter from the SWESA said that it was forwarded on Dec 1st.

2. Is there a Automated Tel # to check the status of the case ?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. (617)788-0152, M/W/F 9am-12pm, there should be somebody to answer the phone, and you will be able to know when they put your case in the system and your DOL case number. But I could not reach the lady recently.

2. (617)788-0171, it should be working, but it rings forever...

Good luck!