Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Gc_Maine2 said:
most of the people in this thread seems to be RIR category, does anyone else apart from me is NON-RIR in this thread???

Mine is a NON-RIR case and the State Labor got cleared from Maine in around 3 months from the date of filing. Since Aug'12 I am waiting for the Federal clearance. I have not called up the AVM for my case number or my status. All I am relying is the information that is posted in this thread.
Does anyone has any idea if any NON-RIR case filed in Boston in the month of Aug has been cleared?

Non-rir

Gc PH

You can call up the DOL and ask your case #, They will just ask your first name and last name, I have called and got my case #, Anyway its up to you, but if you call ask the lady about the processing dates for NON-RIR and RIR, My case is also waiting in Boston since AUg 3rd week... don't know when it will get cleared :mad:

Thanks.

May be its my case I guess, otherwise it should not take that long.

Thanks

help4lc said:
It took 6 months just for Maine SESA to be cleared ???? :eek:

How come it took that long even thought Maine SESA for Non RIR is just 1 month backlogged ? :confused:
Even today it shows that they are processing 09/17/04. THat's very misleading....by now you should have had your labor application cleared.

Can anyone with NON RIR case share their experiences ? is this the nornal time it takes at Maine ? Or just your case took so long ?

Can anyone please explain this ?
It's is very frustrating.
:(

I just called DOL and found that my case still not put in there system. My RIR labor were forwarded to Boston on October 7 from CT. The lady also told me it will take about 3 to 4 weeks to be cleared after put in the system.

LM

help4lc said:

How come it took that long even thought Maine SESA for Non RIR is just 1 month backlogged ? :confused:
Even today it shows that they are processing 09/17/04. THat's very misleading....by now you should have had your labor application cleared.

Can anyone with NON RIR case share their experiences ? is this the nornal time it takes at Maine ? Or just your case took so long ?

Its true that it is very frustrating. I was curious. How did you find out precisely which date SESA is processing? All the places where I look for processing times, indicate month and year but not date. Please let me know if there are sites where I can look up for precise processing dates.

thanks

Processing times

The processing time at DOL will vary depends on the individual analyst processing case for the particular state. Though people are mentioning that once the case is put into the system the case will be processed within 3-4 weeks but it is not true. These days even for established companies it is taking time to get approvals. I have a feeling that at DOL now they are following FIFO approach, does not matter whether the company is established or not. We just have to wait for the turn.

help4lc said:

For NON RIR, there are many things to do once SWA starts processing. SWA informs the lawter to advertise. Lawter in turn asks the company to advertise and give one month time to receive the application. Then SWA sends the received resumes to lawyer. Lawter in turn sends them to HR. HR alongwith manager should interview each resume and prepare a detailed report on why they r rejecting the candidate. All this documnentation should be sent back to SWA. SWA verifies all this data and forwards to DOL. Now, you can imagine why it takes 6 months to process.

Avm

Guys

Any luck with the DOL AVM?? its either continuosly enagage or Ringing for Ever??? Man it needs a Fix........................

No the AVM is not working past 2 weeks. call the regular number and check your case status. Analysts are available on MWF 9-12 eastern time

Folks,

I have sent an email to the DOL Boston regional center requesting them to fix the AVM system.

Hopefully someone will address to this issue.

I will update the forum in case of any response.

B.O.L,
a_ven

Boston regional office

Since the recent changes with labor certification procedures; I believe the newyork and sfo will be closed later Jan 2005 and the cases will be transfered to backlog centers. Does anyone know the fate of Boston DOL

thanks

webjockey said:
Since the recent changes with labor certification procedures; I believe the newyork and sfo will be closed later Jan 2005 and the cases will be transfered to backlog centers. Does anyone know the fate of Boston DOL

thanks

The New York and San Francisco Regional Offices will not close until at least January 2006. These two offices will continue to process permanent labor certifications until that time. The DOL is working to integrate the computer systems of all offices into a uniform national software network

gp111 said:
The New York and San Francisco Regional Offices will not close until at least January 2006. These two offices will continue to process permanent labor certifications until that time. The DOL is working to integrate the computer systems of all offices into a uniform national software network

Yes you are right, its Jan 2006. But what about Boston DOL any ideas?

application in BOSTON DOL, afetr dec end 2004

webjockey said:
Yes you are right, its Jan 2006. But what about Boston DOL any ideas?

What will happen in following situation, suppose state labor gets cleared and application is sent to BOSTON REGIONAL office for federal clearance.But it does not cleared till Dec End 2004.
In this case as all regional offices will close from Jan 1 2005, what will happen to the applications sitting there for regional clearance.Will they go to BEC/NPC and will stand last in que as per tha state labor filing dates.
Or each of regional offices are needed to clear the pending cases, but will not acept any new applications as state offices will be closed from Jan 1st 2005 onwards.

Please answer if anybody has any idea about this.

Folks,

Regarding AVM, I got a reply from DOL saying they are working on the issue to fix the same. Lets hope for the best.

Also, it seems they are working on Sep 2004 1st week cases.

B.O.L,
a_ven

prash_mate said:
What will happen in following situation, suppose state labor gets cleared and application is sent to BOSTON REGIONAL office for federal clearance.But it does not cleared till Dec End 2004.
In this case as all regional offices will close from Jan 1 2005, what will happen to the applications sitting there for regional clearance.Will they go to BEC/NPC and will stand last in que as per tha state labor filing dates.

Or each of regional offices are needed to clear the pending cases, but will not acept any new applications as state offices will be closed from Jan 1st 2005 onwards.

Please answer if anybody has any idea about this.

As per the latest update, it seems like it'll got BEC. I think we can forget about the LC for atleast 2 years after that.

a_ven said:
Folks,

Regarding AVM, I got a reply from DOL saying they are working on the issue to fix the same. Lets hope for the best.

Also, it seems they are working on Sep 2004 1st week cases.

B.O.L,
a_ven

Sept 2004, 1st week?? samething I am hearing since October 1st week. I think it depends on the individual analyst who is processing for a particular state. If we get the details for which state they are currently processing Sept 2004 1st week then it makes sense.

By the way which email address you are using to let the DOL folks to know AVM is not working.

I appreciate your efforts on this.

Thanks

Receipt from Maine SESA

Hi folks,
I am new to this group! Can one of you please clarify if Maine SESA actually sends out a receipt after receiving an RIR Labor Cert. application?
If they don't send a receipt#, how do we actually track the application and
do status checks? I would really appreciate if one of you could share
your thoughts.

Regards,
san24 :)

webjockey,

THis is the email which I used RO1-RA-BOS@dol.gov. you can find this on www.doleta.gov website as well.

One more thing I would use personal communication with DOL, sparingly, as it is not a good idea to have more frequent personal communication with DOL.

B.O.L,
a_ven