Boston Regional DOL Tracker

rahul_singh said:
Sur,

Any idea, how long Maine takes in SESA RIR processing cases?
my case was filed on Sept 1, 2004 from Maine RIR.

I talked with my laywer today and no news from Maine.

thanks,
Rahul

Rahul, In my case(RIR) MAINE SESA processed in 18 days. They have received the case on July 30th and sent it to boston on Aug18th. I found this from SESA somewhere around Aug last week. I don't know about current timings there. Please call this number and they'll provide the info (207) 624-6487

Regards
Sur

I called given number and that gentleman asked my company name then he said hat he can not find my company name in the system.

But my lawyer told me that he filed that case on last week of August. But I did not tell my laywer that I called at Maine office.

I am not sure what is wrong here?

sur_yak said:
Rahul, In my case(RIR) MAINE SESA processed in 18 days. They have received the case on July 30th and sent it to boston on Aug18th. I found this from SESA somewhere around Aug last week. I don't know about current timings there. Please call this number and they'll provide the info (207) 624-6487

Regards
Sur

rahul_singh said:
I called given number and that gentleman asked my company name then he said hat he can not find my company name in the system.

But my lawyer told me that he filed that case on last week of August. But I did not tell my laywer that I called at Maine office.

I am not sure what is wrong here?

he should have asked your first name, last name and then company name. If he can't your company name in the system it is most probable that your lawyer/employer might not have send it to them.

Regards

Sur_Yak ,

what information the AVM is giving when you enter u r case (617-788-0171).
Mine was forwarded from SESA maine on 17th august and the AVM is saying that Boston received it on 16th august. So does it mean my case in entered in the system on 26th August?

Hi
Could any of you explain the difference between the date of the file sent from SESA and the date entered in the system in region?
Thanks,

The date provided by the AVM is your received date, that is the relevant date. It does not matter when SESA sent the file your processing wait starts from your received date. So do not worry about the date SESA forwarded the case, the relevant date is the received date.

Thank you jifjef,
I tried calling AVM with the company phone number. Still it was not able to locate the cases. And it is more than 4 weeks it moved from SESA. Pls suggest Should i wait cpl of weeks or contact the lawyer?
thanks

gc_2005 ,

Contact this number ..617-788-0152 till you talk to some one.
They will give you your caseid . They might give you more info like ,
when did they receive your case and how long it will take for further processing

If you have state approval no harm in waiting another week or two. Data Entry is one of the delayed activity. Calling DOL and tracking it down may give you comfort but keep in mind that time cud have been used by the officer to process few cases. Guys thats how I look at things. Good Luck.

raviobbu said:
If you have state approval no harm in waiting another week or two. Data Entry is one of the delayed activity. Calling DOL and tracking it down may give you comfort but keep in mind that time cud have been used by the officer to process few cases. Guys thats how I look at things. Good Luck.

Hi ravi
Thank you for the information ! Let me wait for cpl of weeks and hope for the best !

gc_2005,

there is no harm in calling Boston. Atleast for the first time.
Try contacting them , till you talk to some one. They will give you your case id. But you know.. better prepared to wait for 3-5 motnhs for federal labour.. be patient..Things are not that fast..

I second ravi's opinion. Better waint one or two weeks and if your case does not show up on AVM you ought to call that number (if you do please remember to ask them what cases are they processing and then update this board).

They input cases in the AVM by batches not periodically as they come in so your case might be in the next batch.

Thank You jifjef and GC_VETA_GADU for your suggestions. I will wait for one or two weeks and call them. I will certainly update the forum about what cases they are processing.
Thanks,

GC_VETA_GADU said:
Sur_Yak ,

what information the AVM is giving when you enter u r case (617-788-0171).
Mine was forwarded from SESA maine on 17th august and the AVM is saying that Boston received it on 16th august. So does it mean my case in entered in the system on 26th August?

Hi All
Just a info for benefit of all. I have received a letter from Maine SESA saying that they have forwarded the case on Aug18th to Boston. Boston says that they have received the case on Sep9th. That's what AVM tells me. So the time delay between Maine and Boston system is because of data entry of case but as someone rightly pointed what all matters is when the case entered in the Boston DOL system which is Sep9th.

Secondly I don't agree with Ravi regarding calling SESA because of the fact that unless you call them you don't know your case number(unless your lawyer does that for you) BUT I would advise people to call only after 8 weeks or so because it does take that much time to enter into Boston DOL system. (I get to know my case number just 3 days back after my repeated trails, so the time lag between knowing the case number to entering the case is Aug 18th - Oct 17th, almost 2 months).

Regards

Hi Guys,

I received a mail from my lawyer stating my labor was approved by Boston.

Filled on : Feb 2003
Approved and Forwarded to Boston by CT SESA : Ist Week of SEP 2004
Received by BOSTON : 2nd Week of SEP 2004
Approved by BOSTON : 1st Week of OCT 2004.

Thanks a lot for everyone who as helped me in sharing their valuable experience.
Regards

Why late information.

GC_FEB03 said:
Hi Guys,

I received a mail from my lawyer stating my labor was approved by Boston.

Filled on : Feb 2003
Approved and Forwarded to Boston by CT SESA : Ist Week of SEP 2004
Received by BOSTON : 2nd Week of SEP 2004
Approved by BOSTON : 1st Week of OCT 2004.

Thanks a lot for everyone who as helped me in sharing their valuable experience.
Regards

Hi Gc_Feb03,
Congrartulations on getting labor approved. One question. Why did it take 2 weeks for your attorney to inform you that your labor is approved!
I am waiting for my labor from Boston. I need to file my 140 as soon as labor gets approved. I am completing H1 6 years in Nov-04. Once I file 140, it is easy for me to get 7th year extension.
Thanks,

7 th yr extension

Just a thought ....one need not wait for 140 filing too...if you want to and have to go for 7th yr extension. We have done several. Primary condition is that the labor filing date shud have been 365 days ...whether labor is approved or pending. I guess I am right.

sarwar,

It is the same thing as with the received date. Once the application is approved it takes them a while to send it to attorney but the AVM system will say it was approved on X date, chances are the attorney will receive the LC a few weeks after X date. So at some point you might call AVM, hear that your application has been approved yet still not have the LC in your hands.

Jesus Christ; It is obvious that I've been at this for a while.

Good news is Boston is processing cases from second week in September. They are only 1 month back.

GC can you tell us exactly when Boston "received" the case?

jifjef said:
sarwar,

It is the same thing as with the received date. Once the application is approved it takes them a while to send it to attorney but the AVM system will say it was approved on X date, chances are the attorney will receive the LC a few weeks after X date. So at some point you might call AVM, hear that your application has been approved yet still not have the LC in your hands.

Jesus Christ; It is obvious that I've been at this for a while.

Good news is Boston is processing cases from second week in September. They are only 1 month back.

GC can you tell us exactly when Boston "received" the case?

Sep 4 - SESA forwarded it to Boston
Sep 15 - Boston Received it
Oct 5 - Boston approved it ( got this information thru AVM)
Got confirmation from lawyer this week.

Hope this helps.

NON RIR from Maine ?

How much time does a NON RIR case take to clear at MAINE SESA ?

Anyone who is NON RIR with current approvals and forwarded to Boston DOL ? .

Please respond.