Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Processing Time

what is the date for current applications.. ?? If I apply from Maine next month How much time it will take approximately to get the labor cleared.??

Astitva said:
what is the date for current applications.. ?? If I apply from Maine next month How much time it will take approximately to get the labor cleared.??

Well here is the math.
RIR
1-2 month to clear from SESA.
1-2 month to forward it to Boston and the case getting into the Boston System
2-4 months for certification after it entered into the system

Best case scenario = 1+1+2 = 4
Worst case Scenario = 2+2+4 = 8
Risk = Maximum RFE can delay by 2-3 more months

Non-RIR
2-3 months for SESA to pick up the application and giving instructions for recruitment.
1-2 months for Recruitment effort from your company.
1-2 month for SESA office to process the recruitment results
1-2 month for Forwarding to Boston and the case getting into the Boston System
2-5 months for Certification after it entered into the system.

Best Case scenario = 2+1+1+1+2 = 7 months
Worst Case Scenario =3+2+2+2+5 = 14 months
Risk = minimum

Hope it helps
neocor

Guys I need your input:

My case has been at the Maine SESA for more than a month.

I sent it August 19 and it was officially received by them August 28, they have not forwarded it to Boston region yet and I have not heard anything. What do you think? Should I be concerned?

Thanks NeoCor,
Can you tell me how long do we need to run Ads in order to qualify for RIR? Does it mean that if we are filing in regular (non-RIR) then we do not need to run ads at anypoint of time.
THanks for your time

neocor said:
Well here is the math.
RIR
1-2 month to clear from SESA.
1-2 month to forward it to Boston and the case getting into the Boston System
2-4 months for certification after it entered into the system

Best case scenario = 1+1+2 = 4
Worst case Scenario = 2+2+4 = 8
Risk = Maximum RFE can delay by 2-3 more months

Non-RIR
2-3 months for SESA to pick up the application and giving instructions for recruitment.
1-2 months for Recruitment effort from your company.
1-2 month for SESA office to process the recruitment results
1-2 month for Forwarding to Boston and the case getting into the Boston System
2-5 months for Certification after it entered into the system.

Best Case scenario = 2+1+1+1+2 = 7 months
Worst Case Scenario =3+2+2+2+5 = 14 months
Risk = minimum

Hope it helps
neocor

Alanak said:
Thanks NeoCor,
Can you tell me how long do we need to run Ads in order to qualify for RIR? Does it mean that if we are filing in regular (non-RIR) then we do not need to run ads at anypoint of time.
THanks for your time

No idea about how long you need to run the ads for RIR cases. I was believing that if the company has already put an ad in the last 3 months and the job profile mentioned in that matches what you have then they need not put another ad specifically for you. but I have heard that these days companies are being very careful and are not taking any chances, therefore doing a fresh ad for every GC application for RIR. Dont know how long the ad need to be run.

You do need to run ads for Non-RIR. but the difference is that for RIR the company needs to run the ads before you apply for the Labour and the state SESA plays no part in the process.
Whereas in Non-RIR the labour application is filed with the state SESA without any ads in the begining. However when the SESA office picks up the application , they will instruct the company(lawyer) to put up ads in the manner and location the SESA office specifies. The SESA office gets all the resumes and they forward it to the company to conduct the interveiws. The company then has to submit the details of the interviews conducted and would have to provide good reasons for not accepting the candidate. If the company hires the candidate, the Labor application is rejected. And if the recruitment process is completed without finding a proper candidate the SESA office will forward the case to the regional DOL. The recruitment effort has to go on for atleast a month.

neocor

Hi Guys,

Is there any why to find out if approved LC has been used to file I-140? I have Boston LC case#, Employer name & phone#. I am trying to join a employer who is willing to use an approved LC for me to get my GC. I want to make sure if he really has one (unused).

Thanks in advance,

Boston DOL AVM Working!!!!

Folks,

Please be informed the BOSTON DOL AVM is working now, I just checked it!!!!

I'm really happy to say my case was certified ( Yes! I heard it few times) just couple of days ago.

Ok, Ok, Ok, I'm sure to be pounded with questions about the dates. All I can say at this point of time is My case was moved from NH SESA to Boston DOL in the first week of August (as per Boston receipt date) and was certified in the last week of September 2004.

Wish you all the best for your certifications. TRUST IN GOD!

Cheers.

Here it goes...

617 788 0171 after the first ring you should get a automated message to enter your selection... if you don't get this and the phone rings again just disconnet and re-try.

Hope this helps!

Congrats CaliGC... One more question for Sure.. it is RIR or NON-RIR..

CaliGC said:
Folks,

Please be informed the BOSTON DOL AVM is working now, I just checked it!!!!

I'm really happy to say my case was certified ( Yes! I heard it few times) just couple of days ago.

Ok, Ok, Ok, I'm sure to be pounded with questions about the dates. All I can say at this point of time is My case was moved from NH SESA to Boston DOL in the first week of August (as per Boston receipt date) and was certified in the last week of September 2004.

Wish you all the best for your certifications. TRUST IN GOD!

Cheers.

Status Update

Congrats CaliGC.
How do we know our status through 617.788.0171 if we don't know our case number. If you punch in your employer phone number it is retriving many cases and how do you know which one is yours? :mad: :( .

what are the ways can we find our case number?

Regards

Call Boston DOL

Sur_Yak,

Please be informed it is not possible to know your case number by employer's phone number. I called the DOL at 617 788 0152 (ONLY ONCE!!!) and got my case number from the good natured lady who answered my call.

Regards!

Yes , thats true. I also got my Case id from the same lady.
CaliGC , You said that your case moved to federal on the 1st week of August.
So i guess , in this week your lawyer was informed by the SESA of NH that your case is being moved to Boston.

Do you have any idea when exactly your case was entered into the system of boston.

It looks like my case was entered into the system onthe last of week of August , but my lawyer reported taht SESA of Maine moved my case in the third week of august.

How long do you think my case will take.

pre-approved labor

I am looking for a pre-approved labor.
I have 9 months left for 6 yrs on my H1 visa to end.My current employer applied for my GC- but I don't think they company will survive that long.

Please send me an email at help4lc@yahoo.com.