Boston Regional DOL Tracker

roseind,

I have a question. Is it possible for the employee to directly call SESA person and ask them about case details. What information should be we give for them. is company name and employer phone number sufficient.

The reason I ask is, I have seen lot of people in this forum talking about speaking to a SESA officer. I was thinking that only lawyer or attorneys office should call them because LC is a employer related application. Because my company is slow in repsonding, If I know this, I could call them also.

May be pipladi knows the answer for this.

Thanks

insat,

When I tried calling myself, SESA employee clearly told me that only the petitioner (not even employer) is authorized to check on the case status.
However, our attorney always kept saying that I can reference the case myself with Case # when talking to them...

All the best.

zbcx123,

I have another question for you. Did you find your case in the AVM or your attorney informed you.

Because my company is very slow in answering, I believe some kind of action could have been taken on my case. It is better to know the reality than be ignorant.

It is frustrating that Boston DOL is not updating the AVM system.

Guys:

I think some of you folks are getting confused between SESA and DOL.

You can usually talk with BOSTON DOL information officer if your case has moved to regional Labor office from the state labor office between 2pm-5pm time frame at 617-788-0152 .

However, SESA opertaor won't talk to you unless you are attorney or employer rep.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Pipaldi and others,

DOL phone number 617-788-0152 works more than fine. It is very rare that you can speak with some rep so easy and that someone can be so cooperative.
I've got confirmation that I am in database, my case number and Received Date by DOL. Now I can use Automated System.

Thanks

pedjajov,

MOST OF THE TIME IT'S LADY OPERATOR WHO IS VERY COOPERATIVE AND POLITE. I TOO CALLED TODAY AND GOT INFO REGARDING MY CASE.

pipladi and pedjajov,

can you please tell everybody what minimum information, we should give to the lady operator.

Is priority date and MA SESA case number enough or priority date and employer phone number is enough.

EB3 RIR

ST, thanks for the info...

I know its EB3...crossing my fingers, I can say its RIR. I called the Regional DOL office and spoke to the extremely helpful and courteous lady. She asked me to call back in a week or two as they were still entering stuff into the system...

How lucky are people getting if their profession is anything related to IT.

Please enlighten...
Thanks,

insat123

i didnt have any info except my name...she took down my name painfully and got back to me with the stats.

U can give her your case number(SESA) or employer tax payer id. Hope this helps.

info pls

can anyone throw some light on the current rejections and trends if any? For egs. If company X filed 15applications and company Y filed 1? Will Y have a chance for approval? OR is it flat out a case of looking into the job field and if IT-computers, reject it? Does being EB2 or EB3 have any advantage disadvantage at this point of time?
pointers appreciated, thx

insat123 and others,

When I called DOL operator (617-788-0152) I gave a SESA case number ( it looks like yyyynnnnn where yyyy is a year - 2002, and nnnnn is order number of your case ), date of transfer from SESA to DOL ( my lawyer gave me that ) and she found it. She told me my name, company name, case number and exact ReceivedDate by DOL ( date from above was date when SESA sent documents to DOL). It did not take more than 2-3 minutes.
BTW my DOL RD is 03/03/04 and job is 999.151-051 (RIR).

pedjajov

MOHIT FL:

You don't belong to this forum.Please stop bothering us.we are already in the last leg of our LC process.

In this weak economy who do you think you are fooling.Sounds like you are broker for recruicting agent,

Originally posted by insat123
pipladi and pedjajov,

can you please tell everybody what minimum information, we should give to the lady operator.

Is priority date and MA SESA case number enough or priority date and employer phone number is enough.

INSAT:- I only gave my name and the lady found out my case.I hope it is as easy for others as well.However,It is helpful to have SESA CASE # and priority date handy in case she needs it.

Re: moved from state on 03/31. not found in AVM

Originally posted by roseind
My case moved from state on March 31. I spoke to the officer in state office and confirmed it. But it is not found in BOSTON region AVM till today. How long it is taking to them to show our case in their system.

:confused:

ROSEIND : I am sure you will hear soon.Looks like they are entering cases that was received by DOL after 3-26-03.

pipladi/jolpot/pedjajov

Thanks for the information. jolpot regarding your question of number of applications filed by a company, as per Jim Mills each case is unique and handled differently depending on the field of work.

However if a company is filing lot of application in this time with the same state and DOL, then the officer might think if they are doing serious recruitment effort. This is my view.

ACU email response system UP!

Thanks insat for the info.

For the others, the automatic email response system is up!
As of yday, applications dated mar26 as the receipt date were not found!

Hi All,

my LC is filed from sfo CA and now every one knows that in silicon vally almost all is being sent for non RIR from RIR for software engineer.
If I file new LC from boston and New hapshaire will this help me ?. From the Table of the dates it looks it will but would like to know some other concern advise.
Thanks

dhshah_us,

Boston DoL too wasn't that good with Software Engineers. We too had to witness a similar fate.. Evidently, its been a while since we saw a RIR application with Software Engineer title approve.

Have you already filed for labor in CA?

Yes I did my PA is June 19th from sfo and sfo dol date is Feb 15th and now a days in my company all the cases being asked from rir to non-rir and that the stand of my comany , they do not wants to go for more advetisment and get flooded with the resume.
Thanks.