Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Greetings folks,

TheBlueGod, what time yesterday did you have your's?

Mine was at 1:30pm. I arrived at 1pm, showed my letter by window #1 and waited at window #15 for my name to be called.

I had gone with the expextation that I would be denied due to my SSS snafu, but It all went well.

Part 1: Test Questions, Read and Write English.
This part was done by a very nice Asian IO. Questions were easy: A few of them were:

Who was the main writer of the declaration.
How may Stars.
How turns president id Both Pres and VP dies.

....forgot the rest.

I was then told to wait in room E-170 to be called for Part 2.

Part 2.

After waiting about 45 minutes, I was called be an older gentleman. We went to his desk area (which was covered by a lot of papers with sticky notes :D )

" Please remain standing and raise right hand " .....Yes I do.

He asked gor GC and PP

He reviewed through my file then proceeded to ask me I think the relevant questions on the N-400. I mentioned I made travel updates but he didn't need the sheet. He wanted proof that I was still married and asked if I had last years tax returns. I said yes, but when I went to grab it, it was no where to be found...:eek:

" Ahhh, I seem to have forgotten that", I said. " Let me check again."

**searched through file**

"Yes, unfortunately, I forgot the 2007 return, but I do have the 2006"

"Can I see it" replied the AIO.

I gave it to him and he viewed it quickly and gave it back to me.

So, now I am waiting for him to say something about SSS, still no mention. Hmmmm :confused: .

He said, "Can I have you wait outside while I make a determination."

So I went back to room 1 and sat for 10 minutes and he came back out told me I am approved :D and handed me the green paper for Oath date 5/22/08 10:30am at the Haynes Convention Center.

Woohoo!! :D

Almost over. One more month....

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings folks,

TheBlueGod, what time yesterday did you have your's?

Oroper, my interview was scheduled at 7:30am last Thursday. But I got called only at 7:50am.

Anyone know if the 5 hr time-estimate for the oath ceremony is realistic?

When I went for my mum's oath-ceremony a couple of years ago, there were about a 100 people being sworn in and it was done in 2 hrs. But it was in the JFK building. Maybe they changed the venue to Hynes convention because there are many more people being sworn in. Any info on this?

from 10:30 am to 2 pm in my case, but it took me a whole since I had to drive more than an hour to be there, then waited for the judge to show up, then wait in line for the certificate. Got lunch, then drove back, it was a whole day event for me.

Four hundred of us had our oath ceremony on Thursday in Faneuil Hall.

It was a proud, uplifting event, with family and friends there to cheer us on.

Congratulations to Gertner and Bangalore Baba, and thanks for all your help in this journey.

(To those who asked about the timeframe: We were asked to arrive at 12pm. It took over an hour to have everyone sign in. The ceremony itself was about 30 minutes. It took another hour for everyone to pick up their naturalization certificates and register to vote on the way out. We were done around 3.)

-ML

Application mailed - 7/3/2007
Application received - 7/9/2007
Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Notice received - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt notice - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 8/23/2007
Interview letter received - 2/2/2008
Interview date - 3/29/2008
Citizenship Oath - 5/8/2008
Registered to vote - 5/8/2008
Passport applied (expedite w/overnight mail) - 5/8/2008

If I could just add one item:

Those of you bringing small children to the ceremony, please situate yourselves close to the rear doors. We could barely hear the judge due to a small child crying non-stop in the balcony. Had this mother exited the room as soon as the outburst began, the rest of us, along with our guests, would have been able to enjoy this special moment much more.

Congrats to those who in attendance yesterday. To those who are coming soon, trust me, it is well worth the wait.

hi guys,

I have my interview on 27th June (super fast I guess). applied March 14th. ND March 19th. FP April 19 (after rescheduling once). I have to drive to JFK building in Boston from Cape Cod.(never been to Boston before). can anyone help me with the following question..

1. is ther a public parking in that building
2. if so which street should I take to approach the parking lot.(I see google map and get more confused)
3. havent got the letter yet from attorney, what is the exact address of this building?
4. I guess have to take route 3 (north). does anyone know which exit (exit 25?)

its a straigh forward case with emp based GC. hoping no truble in the interview.

thnx a lot

1. is ther a public parking in that building
no public parking in the building. Meters in the area are $1/hour, but you'll probably get lost with all the 1-way streets if you don't know the area. There is a huge garage across the street that is around $30/day.

2. if so which street should I take to approach the parking lot.(I see google map and get more confused)
use google maps to go to 170 sudbury st, boston. That's the entrance to the large garage.

3. havent got the letter yet from attorney, what is the exact address of this building?
The building is in city hall plaza. If you look at the 170 sudbury st map on google maps, you'll see it as the long rectangle building with a hole (courtyard) in the middle.

4. I guess have to take route 3 (north). does anyone know which exit (exit 25?)
Rt 3 ends in Braintree. When it ends, you take 93 north into boston. I don't know the exit on 93, but it says "government center". Google maps will give good directions.

-ML

Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007

Information Needed

Alright friends, I have been reading this forum on and off but have found it very useful. I need some advise as to what should I do I had filed for N400 in July of last year (07) and haven't heard anything yet besides finger printing that was in September. I have called up a few times to USCIS and they give the same answer as always 'we are working on it" your case is not out of our normal processing time, so just hang on and keep watching the USCIS processing dates. Suggestions are really appreciated.

Application mailed - 7/13/2007
Application received - 7/19/2007
Priority date - 7/19/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 9/4/2007
Interview letter received -
Interview date -
Citizenship Oath -

delhiboston,

Your process is slower than others on this board are experiencing for your priority date.

I'd recommend scheduling an infopass appt to see your status. The infopass examiners have more information available to them then the phone reps do. They'll probably know what's holding up your process, hopefully not the dreaded FBI name check.

-ML

Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007

My Interview Experience

I have been a visitor for the past few months and posting for the first time:

The whole process was rather uneventful and took about 45 minutes in total. I reached the interview center about 30 minutes early, but there was no wait time as I was called to take the civics test right away followed by the interview.

I was impressed with the folder the IO had about my history - F1, OPT, H1, I-140, 485, etc and a whole lot of supporting documents that were submitted over the years.

My oath ceremony is scheduled for July 10 at Faneuil Hall.

This is a very useful forum and I wish the very best to all of you.

-------------------------------
Priority date - 9/7/2007
FP date - 1/10/2008
IL date - 3/24/2008
Interview date - 5/16/2008

Updating my timeline with passport info. Congrats to the next round of people going for their oaths tomorrow.

-ML

Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Voter registration confirmation received - 5/19/2008
Passport received - 5/21/2008

BOSTON DO
Application mailed to Vermont SC - 1/3/2008
Application received - 1/5/2008
Priority date - 01/7/2008
Check cashed - 1/09/2008
Notice date - 1/11/2008
Notice received - 1/13/2008
Fingerprint appt notice - Not received
Fingerprint appt date - Still waitin on notice
Interview letter received - 3/22/2008
Interview - 5/29/2008
Passed Interview - 5/29/2008
Oath scheduled 6/5/2008 @ Faneuil Hall

Earlier we had speculated on why my case was being fast tracked, here is why.

I went for my 3:30PM apt at 2:45PM. At 3PM, I got called for the questions, I passed that after 6 questions. I then waited about 15 minutes before the IO called me. The IO was really surprised to see a January application on her desk, she even went to double check on the status of my case before she asked me all the questions. She reviewed the N-400 asked for my 2007 tax return (app by marriage) and confirmed that DH and I have 2 kids. She then gave the the sheet congratulating me and told me to go back and wait for my oath letter. I waited at least 30 minutes for my oath letter, then another IO called me and said "They used your I-751 fingerprints, and they will expire the 16th of June so you need your Oath before then, I could only fit you in on 6/5. So mystery resolved I was fast tracked because of my fingerprints being still valid. So basically 6 months from mailing the app to completion.

Good luck everyone!

Steph

.... She reviewed the N-400 asked for my 2007 tax return (app by marriage) and confirmed that DH and I have 2 kids. She then gave the the sheet congratulating me and told me to go back and wait for my oath letter. I waited at least 30 minutes for my oath letter, then another IO called me and said "They used your I-751 fingerprints, and they will expire the 16th of June so you need your Oath before then, I could only fit you in on 6/5. So mystery resolved I was fast tracked because of my fingerprints being still valid. So basically 6 months from mailing the app to completion.

Good luck everyone!

Steph

Congratulations!! I wouldn't say you were fast tracked since at least two recent Boston applicants posted similar if not shorter processing times:

sd1963 pd 3/14 IV 6/27
boston6789 pd 2/4 IV 6/4

My Interview was on 5/28/08 and Oath is scheduled at 7/30/08 :(. I really need to be Europe for the month of June. Is there any way to prepone the oath date? Any official procedure to change oath date?

About the fast track, I meant compared to the summer '07 backlog. Like I said, the IO was SUPER skeptical, she couldn't figure out why I was being processed since I had applied in January. So I assume there are not many cases like this, the other 2 that you mention may be in a similar situation with the fingerprints.. Even the guy that came to tell me my oath was 6/5 because of the fingerprints said he could not figure out why on earth they had used my I-751 fingerprints..

Good Luck to everyone, hoping it goes faster and faster for all of you!

Stephanie

About the fast track, I meant compared to the summer '07 backlog. Like I said, the IO was SUPER skeptical, she couldn't figure out why I was being processed since I had applied in January. So I assume there are not many cases like this, the other 2 that you mention may be in a similar situation with the fingerprints.. Even the guy that came to tell me my oath was 6/5 because of the fingerprints said he could not figure out why on earth they had used my I-751 fingerprints..

Good Luck to everyone, hoping it goes faster and faster for all of you!

Stephanie

It's been shown over and over again on this forum that several DOs are processing recent applications faster than the ones from last summer, some of the processing times even faster than yours. I doubt that the fact you already had FP on file made any significant difference in processing your case.
Btw, did you ask them to reimburse you the $80 biometric fee since they used your previously submitted prints?

document to be taken to the interview

Hi Bostonians..

what are the documents to be taken to the interview. In my int letter, they didn't ask any other documents. Usually do they ask to bring some documents?

thanks
Swarma

I'm finally a U.S citizen after 24 yrs of being here.

- after almost being deported for spending 3 months away from the U.S
- after spending time in many detention rooms at various airports (even with valid documents)
- after not being allowed to return to the U.S to see my own family, even with a valid green card

...all because of having the wrong skin color, and having the wrong kind of passport.

I finally feel free.

Good luck to everyone!!

New application from Boston.

Hi Everyone,

Back to this forum after 5 years :). I just mailed my N-400 application on 6/2/2008. Joining this group to keep up-to-date on the information and post my application status.

Regards.