Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Congratulation .. Alphapc!!!

Yesterday at the Haynes Conventional Center, I with another 3000 new US citizens got naturlaized. It was very orgainzed and very emotional moments for many people including myself. I'm very happy with this

************ GOD BLESS THE USA *****************

:)

LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

I FEEL PRETTY WELL KNOWING THAT FINNALY YOU GOT IT!!

I GOT MY US PASSPORT ALREADY, JUST APPLIED REGULAR AND IN 14 DAY WAS IN MY HOUSE, JUST SIMPLE LIKE THAT..

JUST SPECIFY THAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL WIHIN 4 WEEKS..

:)

LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

I FEEL PRETTY WELL KNOWING THAT FINNALY YOU GOT IT!!

I GOT MY US PASSPORT ALREADY, JUST APPLIED REGULAR AND IN 14 DAY WAS IN MY HOUSE, JUST SIMPLE LIKE THAT..

JUST SPECIFY THAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL WIHIN 4 WEEKS..

elmeje,

Thank you very much. I know you were supporting me all way especially when my interview got cancelled. Congratulations on the receiving the passport soooo quick. I'm also planning to apply sometime this week.

Enjoy the freedom!!!

got the letter for taking Oath on April 10 in Worchester, cheers:)

Little bit weird, I only read people here taking oath in Hynes convention center.

Congratulation!!!

got the letter for taking Oath on April 10 in Worchester, cheers:)

Little bit weird, I only read people here taking oath in Hynes convention center.

CITIZEN08!!!:):):).... CONGRATULATION AND GOOD LUCK, ENJOY YOUR CITIZENSHIP, I LIVE IN WORCESTER, MA., SOMETIMES THEY MAKE OATH CEREMONY HERE.

YOU SEE!!! YOU GOT IT AND THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Dear Elmeje, Thank you very much! Your post loosed up my nervousness, gave me some confidence, so I laid back and waited for the letter to come along. I was really glad that I found this thread and get the message from you. I live in Malden, will take a short trip to Worcester this week.

missed out to answer one question and passport photo.

Do we need to take passport photos for interview?
Today I happend to notice that one of the yes/no question left blank in N-400 application so what would be impact of it in the interview process.

Thanks

Do we need to take passport photos for interview?
Today I happend to notice that one of the yes/no question left blank in N-400 application so what would be impact of it in the interview process.

Thanks

No, passport photos are not required at interview unless you're original photos sent with application were not good quality.
At interview, you'll get a chance to answer the yes/no question left blank.

Hey guys,

I applied on Feb 2, 2008 and just got my interview letter for June 4! I guess Boston is finally getting back on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
In Boston DO, do they give us the Oath letter (with Oath ceremony date and venue) on interview day itself after approval or will they mail the oath letter after few days from the interview date? Please let me know.
Thank you!

Boston Guy,

I got my letter on interview day. After interview, I was sent to waiting room to be called. Once called, pictures were signed and oath notice was given.

Gertner,
Thank you for responding to my question. I have another question. When we sign the pictures and oath letter, do we need to put full signature (both first and last names) or the usual sign (mostly first name) as we sign on bank checks, credit cards, etc. I read somewhere that we have to sign full name on pictures and oath certificate as the name appears on it. Any idea?
Thank you!

Boston Guy,

It's full name. If your signature is not legible (like mine), they ask you to print your full name.

I have been told that oath certificate is also full name, but must be in cursive. I'll let you know for sure on that in a few weeks.

Thanks to all who have assisted me in the past on this forum.

I had a question around extending my father's B2 based on my upcoming USC status.

If anyone has experience with this, can you post a reply at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=277694

Thanks, and to Gertner and Bangalore Baba, see you on 5/8.
-ML

Application mailed - 7/3/2007
Application received - 7/9/2007
Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Notice received - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt notice - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 8/23/2007
Interview letter received - 2/2/2008
Interview date - 3/29/2008
Oath scheduled - 5/8/2008

I had my interview yesterday in Boston DO. Everyting went well and received the oath letter after the interview. Oath will be on May 22nd in Boston.

Thank you!

I had my interview yesterday in Boston DO. Everyting went well and received the oath letter after the interview. Oath will be on May 22nd in Boston.

Thank you!

Ditto for me. Had my interview today - I went massively overprepared with all kinds of documents. Mine was a tricky case because I had a single continuous absence of almost 11 months - this break was because of INS delays in processing my I-131 - and being told not return until it was processed - I had all the correspondence to prove this.

The work I'm currently doing for a particular government agency - and a letter from them made a big difference.

Most of all, I was lucky to get a very pleasant I.O who understood what I do and even asked me to "keep up the good work!"

In the end he gave me my Oath letter for May 22nd.

I'm Almost there!! :)

Good luck to all. Keep the hope, and hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator: