Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

This is ridiculous as it can get. There is report that 23000 are naturalized as part of constituion week.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ConstitutionWeek_07sep14.pdf

But only 40 in boston.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/SalemCstmsHouseNatz091207.pdf

Nevada and denver have bigger cermeonies like 1000 and 600.

There was a naturalization ceremony at Lowell memorial auditorium on Sep 19
where around 750 people got naturalized.

Timeline

PD Apr 10 2006
FP May 2006

Husband : :)
ID Jul 2006
Oath Aug 2006

Me : :mad:

ID Jun 2007
Oath Sep 19 2007

No updates from my side...
My gut says we should get the IL this week..but again, I have never been right guessing....

IL Received

Some good news finally. We received our interview letters today - almost on the 7 month schedule. Updated timeline is as follows:
Priority Date : April 10, 2007
Finger Prints Done: May 9, 2007
IL Notice Date: September 28, 2007
Interview Date: November 20, 2007

Congrats amnoyon and thanks for update. SL_Waiting you should be next and probably either this week.

Thats more than 7 months to interview. Incredibile.

Guys, I have a quick question.

How long does it take from interview to oath? and after oath, how long does it take to get the passport.

we are trying to travel outside the country, and with the speed that Boston DO is moving, we may have to come back from our travel (outside US) to do oath. Hence it is important to know how long does it generally take from oath to passport..

Thanks

SL,
I had a former colleauge who finished interview yesterday in boston. She applied in march 1st and had interview oct 3td and her oath is scheduled for oct 25th.

So its almost 8 months i guess...SUCKS

priority date - March 21st 2007
Missed my original fingerprint date - April 14th 2007, due to being out of the country.
Fingerprints rescheduled and taken - May 18th 2007

Still have not heard anything!.......Still waiting ever so patiently for my IL
Am thinking of getting an infopass to find out what is going on with my application.

I did my infopass today, and there was no good news! Just waiting to be scheduled for an Interview. I am surprised by this, as one a*.usa got his IL a few days ago, and hence was expecting to hear something good....

This is from another thread in this forum

"My friend whose priority date last week of Apr. 2007 received his interview letter and he will be schedule Nov.8,2007 in Boston, MA."

How random?

priority date - March 21st 2007
Missed my original fingerprint date - April 14th 2007, due to being out of the country.
Fingerprints rescheduled and taken - May 18th 2007

Finally got my IL today....scheduled for Dec 5th!
Just over 10 months from PD

No IL for me also. If you look at this thread folks you applied early feb had this finished in june itself. For later part of feb/march/dec it has taken almost more than 5 months more.

Too many applications received on July 27th.

Dear fellow-Boston-applicants,

A friend of ours has applied for their Citizenship on July 27th through their lawyer. They don't use computers, so don't have presence on this website. Their lawyer told them that USCIS received an unprecendented amount of applications at the end of Jul'07 because of Fee increase.

We applied ours at the beginning of July. I hope Boston CU does not get slower than 7 months :(. We have plans of R2I as soon as this goes through.

On a different note, we use the website: http://www.r2iclubforums.com for getting news and views on R2I. Do you folks know of other resources that we can also use for staying on top of current affairs. The $ downfall is not making things easy for us right now :(

Last edited by a moderator: