Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

whats happening with IL guys? Any ideas or hunch. This processing is so stupid. All my background checks are done and in interview queue since 5/29. Why dont they let this be easier?

Hello,
Can anyone let me know what the following sentence means: " You are in queue for naturalization oath on August 4th,2007"
1. Does it mean I have my oath ceremony on August 4th?
OR
2. Does it mean that I am yet going to be placed in an oath day?
PS: The sentence above was told to me by an officer at the JFK center during an infopass. I have not received any letter yet.
Thanks.

I had my infopass this morning at Boston DO and got same info. "In interview queue since may 29th and waiting to be scheduled.". I dont understand why they cannot make it simpler. I have been living apart from my wife for 1 1/2 years and waiting to petition k3 visa after that. So each day is very important but who cares at USCIS for human values.

Will be good to know if anyone is getting IL??

Feels like there is a stall in the process...Not sure why?
Guys, if you are waiting for IL, please post here - helps to know what to expect...

IL is taking more than 3 months from PD

For me, its 3 months since PD...hence definitely more than 3 months...
The question is how much longer???

The wait has begun

I just returned from my interview. Everything went fine. The IO was very professional. He went over the application. I told him I had taken two trips since I filed for citizenship and he added them to the form. He asked me to write a sentence (I drive to work in a blue car) and asked me 5 questions (#15, 28, 42, 68, 87 in the civics manual). He told me I passed the test, but my practical training file from 2000-2001 is missing and they need to receive it before sending me the oath letter. He told me not to worry, that it was just a formality, and that it should take 2-3 weeks. Hopefully he is right and I won't be stuck in limbo for months...

My timeline
Priority Date: 02/05/2007
Fingerprint date: 02/28/2007 (cancelled)
Fingerprint date rescheduled: 03/15/2007
Infopass: 05/14/2007 -- name check and fingerprints cleared, in interview queue
Interview letter received: 05/25/2007
Interview date: 07/17/2007
Oath date: TBD

I took another info pass appointment today, got the same answer again In Interview Q. She told me they already scheduled interviews till September. So people who are in interview Q will be interviewed from October onwards. She said they will send the interview letters at least 4-6 weeks before the interview. Based on her answer I am thinking they may send the interview letters at the end of august or first week of September, but who knows how USCIS works...

Is this really due to volume of applications they received this year or Boston DO decreased number of interviews/oath per day. I read in philadelhpia and other places a huge oath ceremony of 2500 people but havent read anything like that in boston. Also on july 4th usually last year they naturalized 150 folks at USS constitution but this year only 10. So i'm thinking they decreased the oath ceremonies.

I took another infopass today and lady at counter who verifies infopass appointment and gives token asked me when i had my interview. I said reason i'm here is no IL yet. Then she gave me token number. But still same info "in interview queue". IIO said they have mostly scheduled everything till october. So i dunnno when we will get IL and when the interview would be.

Others Post your experiences constantly please.

I have been following this thread and found it useful to guide our expectations. Just to share our information
Priority Date : April 10, 2007
Finger Prints Done: May 9, 2007

No further information or updates since FP. I have only checked the online status and will probably wait another month before trying infopass.

I did my infopass on friday, and got the same answer...Its in the queue. The officer had no idea about the reasons for this delay...

Nothing to report here either. I was going through the atlanta and NY forum, and they are definitely faster. This is sample timeline from ny posted by someone yesterday....I hope boston has some valid reason for delay

N-400 mailed Apr 12, 2007
N-400 Notice priority date Apr 20, 2007
N-400 Notice date Apr 30, 2007
FP Notice date May 4, 2007
FP Date May 18, 2007
Interview Notice date June 8, 2007
Interview Date Aug 7, 2007

The official processing time for Boston is Jan 07 now. But i haven't seen any posts in this thread about inteview letters from a long time. Guys if any body got interview letters from Boston recently please update this thread.

Nothing here as well. I think we have no one on this forum with march PD and all of us are april PD. I think we might get something in 1st or 2nd week of sept for oct interview.

no IL yet.

Still the same status - no more information. I hope the IL will come in by mid September to stay within the 7 month processing time as mentioned on their web site and by the phone reps.