Here is my information:

Mail Receipt Date: July 12th 2007
Priority Date: July 12th 2007
Notice Date: August 17th 2007

Waiting for finger print date.

Thanks,
BB

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had an eye on this forum for a while and thought I would add my Boston timeline...

priority date - March 21st 2007
Missed my original fingerprint date - April 14th 2007, due to being out of the country.
Fingerprints rescheduled and taken - May 18th 2007

I have heard nothing from the INS since then, when I go online to check my application it says it is still at the Vermont service center & tells me my priority date. There is nothing that even mentions my fingerprints being taken or recieved by INS.

Any advise would or shared experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fingerprints taken on -

My updated timeline

Here is my information:

Mail Receipt Date: July 12th 2007
Priority Date: July 12th 2007
Notice Date: August 17th 2007

Waiting for finger print date.

Thanks,
BB.

I got my FP notice the day after I received my notice.

My FP is scheduled for Sep 4th at 9AM.

11/13/2006 - N-400 Priority Date
12/04/2007 - N-400 Finger Prints
05/30/2007 - IL received from VSC
07/12/2007 - N-400 Interview at Buffalo NY District
08/09/2007 - Oath ceremony
08/09/2007 - Applied Expedited Passport
08/14/2007 - Passport On-line Status as a pending
08/27/2007 - Patient to wait for the PP to arrive

Thanks for all the supports... My immigration journal was finally done...!!!

Looks like no progress whatsoever. I think this is the worst timeline we are facing in boston looking at all previous posts.

slime

Fingerprints rescheduled and taken - May 18th 2007

I have heard nothing from the INS since then, when I go online to check my application it says it is still at the Vermont service center & tells me my priority date. There is nothing that even mentions my fingerprints being taken or recieved by INS.
The online status can be unreliable - granted, the VSC is updating it more than other Service Centers but... I got fingerprinted, received the Interview Letter and the USCIS online status still reads "Pending".
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Any body has any idea about this..
Boston time line from USCIS site saying 7 months. Is this time belongs to Whole N-400 process or are they working applications who filed 7 months ago?..

it means they are taking 7 months to process the N-400 cases. So if you filed in april, expect your process to be completed by nov. Ironically, all Employment related are processed in 6 months. Money and businesses talk and no regard to future citizens.

Congrats Falls. I'm happy for you. Do any of you know why its more than 4+ months for many of april filers and still no IL. This is inspite of all background checks completed and cleared. Is boston swamped with lot of applications this time??

oath date - finally

I received the oath letter today. My interview was in July, but my case couldn't be approved because I had two A# and both files needed to be consolidated.

My timeline
Priority Date: 02/05/2007
Fingerprint date: 02/28/2007 (cancelled)
Fingerprint date rescheduled: 03/15/2007
Infopass: 05/14/2007 -- name check and fingerprints cleared, in interview queue
Interview letter received: 05/25/2007
Interview date: 07/17/2007
Oath date: 09/21/2007

Boston interviews: No news from my side

Just not sure now, if Boston can complete the process in 7 months that they publish.

Not sure what I can do at this time....

I am guessing 7 months means they are processing the applications who filed 7 months ago not the whole processing time for N-400,if the whole process takes 7 months only then people who filed in March,April should got the interview letters by now. Who know's how USCIS works.

if you been to JFK building, E-170 room where interviews are conducted seems so small and E-160 where Infopass is conducted is spacious. I wonder if boston has not much capacity to conduct interviews. I wish they increased processing as number of applications increased after march/april.

No Update from my side....

I am planning to give infopass a visit in the next few days...But I am starting to plan that this may take a year now....
who knows...

N-400 Boston Timeline

Per a discussion with INS, the 7 months (currently on case status) is the target time from the priority date to the interview. Cases should go faster than this, but if their backlog exceeds 7 months, they'll post the oldest priority date on the site. The oath is not included in the timeline.

They said there was a huge rush of applications in the summer, and they are hiring to meet the increased load. I'm guessing it is due to applicants trying to beat the fee increases in August. So historical timelines are likely to get lengthened.

-ML

7/3/2007 Application mailed
7/9/2007 Application received
7/9/2007 Priority date
7/19/2007 Check cashed
7/27/2007 Notice date
8/2/2007 Notice received
8/2/2007 Fingerprint appt notice
8/23/2007 Fingerprint appt date
waiting for interview notice