Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

My PD is the first week in January. FP around Jan 20th. Received IL first week in March, IV scheduled last week of April.

My husband is still waiting on an IL. His case status is still available online, mine dissappeared (dont know when). We sent our applications in the same envelope, FP same day ... Seems to be no consistency in the process. All depends on where your file falls on the pile.

Finally the interview letter shows up

I don't know if infopass helped? The IO at the infopass asked me to fill out a little form requesting the VSC to look into my case. He was surprised that I hadn't got my interview letter yet.

One interesting thing to note is that the interview letter came from the VSC, and not the Boston DO - thought that was a little weird:

PD: Dec 11, 06
FP: Jan 03, 07
Case disppearance from website: Feb 14, 07
Infopass: Mar 15, 07 - request for investigation submitted
Interview letter recd: April 04, 07 (Interview on May 21, 07)

Did Infopass help? - anybody's guess!

WAITmore

WAITmore,
I think it might. In my case, I went to JFK to see if they could tell me something more than I could see on line about my case. Guess what the officer told me. My first set of fingerprints were unreadable and I had to do a second one. Why didn't the Vermont Center notify me? I have no idea.The officer doesn't have an answer either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Waitmore, let us know how the interview goes and Good Luck. If the infopass thing helps, that kindda stinks, because I am not taking time off of work to go and do that. I'll just wait, and the only time I would get worried, is when the online timeline passes Oct30 of 2006, my receipt date.

My timeline

VSC, Boston DO

12/20/2006 N-400 Sent
1/2/2007 Finger-printing done

Waiting for interview letter.

By the way I am not able to look up my case on line using the ESC*<number> that is noted as the "application number" on the fingerprint notice. It says "Case Retrieval Failed". Anybody else has the same problem? How did you fix it? Thanks!

-Prasad

Prasad - looks like you will be getting your interview letter shortly - others on the forum have reported that if your case fails to retrieve, you should be getting your interview letter soon.

S.

VSC, Boston DO

12/20/2006 N-400 Sent

Waiting for interview letter.

By the way I am not able to look up my case on line using the ESC*<number> that is noted as the "application number" on the fingerprint notice. It says "Case Retrieval Failed". Anybody else has the same problem? How did you fix it? Thanks!

-Prasad

Infopass #2

I went in for a second Infopass today to figure out the latest on my case. It turns out that VSC is sitting on my file. My background check has cleared, but my A-file is still at VSC. The IO asked me to call the 800 number and request the file be sent over to Boston DO. Anyone else done this?

Thanks

Received IL Today

Looks like things are finally moving. Received IL today with interview date of June 7th 2007. BTW my case status did not disappear on the website.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their IL.

Same date..

here are my time lines

1/8/2007 - Priority Date
1/31/2007 - FP done
4/13/2007 - Recd IL notice with interview date of 6/7/2007 (2:00 pm)

My wife had her fingerprinting done a day later (2/1/2007) Still awaiting her interview letter

jp2007

Got the interview letter

Interview is on June 12. I was starting to get concerned when later-applying folks I know had gotten their interview calls already, and my case wasn't even on the online case status search.

-Prasad

My timeline:

VSC, Boston DO

12/20/2006 N-400 Sent
4/16/2007 Interview call received
6/12/2007 Interview date

Wifes Finger printing messed up

We went today to Boston DO as my wife has not received her Interview letter as yet. She was told that her finger-printing was not approved and she would have to go again for that. They scheduled it for tomorrow. We've been waiting on the case for 2 months. Guess we should have followed up earlier.

Anyway here are her dates
Priority date 01/08
Fingerprinting 02/01
Info pass (boston DO) - 04/18
Fingerprinting II - 04/19
Interview date - ??

timelines

Wife's timelines are as follows (Her FP delayed the process)

Priority date 01/08
Fingerprinting 02/01

Info pass (boston DO) - 04/18 (since I received an IL notice and she did not)
Fingerprinting II - 04/19.
Infopass (Boston DO) - 04/23 - Check FP II
Infopass (Boston DO) - 05/04 - submit police clearance letters.
IL Letter received - 05/07 (dated 05/01)
Interview date - 06/27
Oath Date - ???

waiting for interview

The following is my recent experience:

Priority date 11/06/2007
Fingerprinting 12/11/2007
...Wait for interview letter

Please advise

Edited timeline

ID: 05/23/07 (Scheduled)
OD:TBD

how long it takes to get an infopass

I completed FP on 12/11/2007, but not received letter of interview until now. I would like to schedule an inforpass. Does anyone know when I can have an office visit if I schedule this inforpass today?

P.S. I am located in boston branch.

thanks in advance

I completed FP on 12/11/2007, but not received letter of interview until now. I would like to schedule an inforpass. Does anyone know when I can have an office visit if I schedule this inforpass today?

P.S. I am located in boston branch.

thanks in advance

You could get an appointment even for the next day if you want. I selected an appointment time (last month) based on my work schedule. The infopass website (https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php) will give you a choice of dates.

Regards,
-Prasad

Oath Ceremony Logistics

Husband just got the Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony for the Oath Ceremony on May 31, 2007, 12:30PM at Moakley Court House.

It says the ceremony will be 2 hours long. Is this accurate? Can I go with him to watch? The notice says no electronic devices, not even cell phones. So I assume that means I can't bring a camera to take pics?

His timeline:
9/17/2004 - N400 received
4/28/2005 - Interview and Test passed, was told the Boston office was waiting for some paperwork, and that the oath would be scheduled soon.
3/4/2006 - Fingerprints retaken
5/19/2007 - Notice of Oath Ceremony received
5/31/2007 - Oath