Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

any news?

has anyone received interview letter. my case status disappeared six weeks ago. still no interview letter. boston DO.

Boston interview letter

Bluecar,

I am in a similar situation. Mine disappeared Feb 14th, 07 (4 weeks ago) and I too am waiting to receive the interview letter. What worries me is that I have a new job offer contingent on me getting my citizenship. It seems that Bosotn DO has slowed down the process in 2007 - just my observation! Please keep us all posted on this thread about your situation. I will do the same.

Take care
WAITmore (& more)

Infopass at Boston DO

I jumped the gun a little bit and went for an Infopass at Boston. I had picked the option of "You wish to speak to an immigration officer." in the Infopass request. The IO I spoke to was very helpful and confirmed the following:
- FP check was sent back by FBI same day (knew this already by calling the number posted elsewhere on this forum)
- Background check was complete (Name + FBI check)
- Apparently they had gone ahead and scheduled my interview a couple of weeks back, but had to cancel because they had not received my A# file from Vermont Service Center
- She said that it looks very likely that I would be scheduled in the next "round" of interviews (not sure what this means), subject to having my file from VCS
- I asked for a ballpark interview date and she said Boston DO interviews are typically 3 months after FP date and mine would be in the May-June timeframe.

Boston interview

Application date 10/25/06
FP scheduled 11/14/06 - which i missed
reschuled FP 12/13/06
interview 2/27/07 - less than 10 min for the actual interview
oath ceremony 3/22/07

Kummar, thats good news. I sent my application on Oct 30, 2006, and I have yet to receive anything from USCIS. I think others on this forum also applied around my time and haven't gotten anything back yet. So, if its taking about five months or so to issue IL, we should be receiving something soon.

John Joseph Moakley Court House

At first I thought it’s a mistake or a joke, but the Boston DO confirmed that, yes, my oath ceremony is going to take place at John Joseph Moakley Court House, 2nd floor, Jury Assembly room, on March 28th. Two months ago on the same 2nd floor at the Clark’s Office of US District Court I have filed a complain suing the USCIS and FBI for delay in my naturalization. The Boston DO told me that it’s only since the beginning of this year they started to conduct ceremonies at the Court House.

I am still a little bit suspicious. Is anybody going or has taken the oath at the Court House?

PD: August 2003
IN: May 2004

November PD

Hello,
For N400,marriage based:
Is there anyone here whose priority date is in November 2006 and fingerprint is December 2006 and has received IL recently?
Thanks much.

Hello,
For N400,marriage based:
Is there anyone here whose priority date is in November 2006 and fingerprint is December 2006 and has received IL recently?
Thanks much.

Mine is October 30, 2006 and FP on Nov 18, 2006.... I haven't recieved IL...hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the reply Wannabe07,
Is yours marriage based, like mine? I am assuming you submitted to VSC and your DO is Boston,right?
I was browsing the other threads that had their center as Vermont but their DO is Baltimore and those who had sent in their N400 in October/November are getting their ILs. Should I assume that this may be true for the Boston DO as well?

Is yours marriage based, like mine? I am assuming you submitted to VSC and your DO is Boston,right?
I was browsing the other threads that had their center as Vermont but their DO is Baltimore and those who had sent in their N400 in October/November are getting their ILs. Should I assume that this may be true for the Boston DO as well?
Tamarig,

Just because Baltimore is sending out IL's for N400 sent out in Oct/Nov 2006 does not mean that Boston will do the same. Each DO is different in the number of staff it has, the load it has and its efficiency. For Boston you should check the Boston timelines instead of comparing with Baltimore. Boston in some cases has been very fast. Some people have finished their entire process in 3 months.

N400Applier,
I totally agree with you. However, the Boston n400 timeline is not moving and there are no new posts. I am assuming either there are no ILs yet or no one is keeping updates.

Boston interviews

Tamaraig,

I applied in Dec 06 and was fingerprinted on 01/03/07. My case disappeared from the USCIS website on Feb 14. No interview letter yet. Did your case disappear at all?

My observation is that Boston DO has slowed down the process to keep up with the more inefficient DOs for uniformity. Isn't it a shame that they slow down the process rather than speeding it up? That is just my observation, however.

I had an infopass on Mar 15th and that wasn't very useful. The standard reply is that "your case is in the normal processing time". I think they have started to take this processing time BS quite literally and are making every effort to adhere to it, which means slowing things down.

WAITmore,
I sent in my N400 on November 22,2006 . My priority date is Nov. 22,2006. I got fingerprinted on December 19,2006. Last week I called the 800 number and I too was told that I am in the normal processing time. I asked if I should make an infopass, and the answer was "wait 30 days more". Your deduction does make sense though. And to tell the truth, I did not want to make an infopass as I figured they were going to tell me that I am in the normal waiting process time.
My case never disappeared. I am hoping it will soon though.
Let's keep this thread updated...
Good luck to all.

change password

Has anyone had the same experience? I had registered to receive email updates for my N400 application on the USCIS website. I had set it up almost three months ago. I was told that when three months pass, I will be notified to change my password. I was hoping not to get that notice, but I did. Can it mean that processing will take longer or am I being paranoid?:confused:
Has anyone had the same experience?

Yes, mine is marriage based at VSC and Boston DO. My lawyer told me the IL will come around too fast within 3 to 4 months when he sent it out . But, I guess Boston did slow down for some reason, may be there are too many applicants... Anyways, it is what it is, we have to wait it out and hope it comes soon. My case never disappeared since they recieved it on Oct 30 of 2006 for those who have issues with the online status.
Also, I have a brother who lives in Oregon, who applied in Sept 2006, did not recieve his IL yet.

Bluecar,
Can you share your time line?Date of N400 sent to date of your case disappearing.
Thanks much

Hi,

My daughter is the first in our family to apply for citizenship. She is a 20 year old student. Her priority date was Jan. 3, 2007. She was fingerprinted a couple of weeks later, and had notice of her interview in mid March for May 8 in Boston.
I'm guessing her background checks were done quickly as she's young?

My question is when/where do you guys think her oath ceremony is likely to be? Also, we have a 10 day trip planned to the UK on My 23. Am I right to think her greencard will still be in her possession then?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Any further update on Boston DO?

Was wondering if anyone received their interview letters. Seems like IL's go out during the first and second week of the month per info from multiple threads.