Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Well...at worst it would mean a few months delay. I would have planned my vacation around my interview because I have some flexibility there. If you don't have flexibility, change the interview date since yours is going to be much later anyway.

I went for my interview today, and the schedule oath date was June 23 at Hynes Convention Center. Howeverm I have to reschedule the date. The officer told me that they will send out the notice a week before the oath date. <sign>

I regret to change the date since it causes the uncertainty again. <sign>

The officer showed me the available OD, and I saw at least 2 of them (July 12 and 19).

Has anyone changed their oath date?

PD:2/24/06
FD:3/28/05
ID:6/12/06 (received on 5/6, ND:5/1/06)
OD:6/23/06 (reschedule? )

How long to wait for the oath letter

Interview Feb 23, passed but no decision made due to "missing file"

Multiple inquires into USCIS National Center but got nothing. Customer Services Representsives there were just bullshiting, each time using a different excuse not to answer the query.

Around May 20, took infopass to Boston DO. Was told "everything cleared, to be sworned in in a few weeks, should be sending oath letter in 2 week".

Got nothing, so made another ifopass yesterday. Was told again that "everything cleared and would schedule an oath ceremony for you soon". When we asked how long to wait, the lady officer asked us to wait for it patiently yet she was so impatient getting herself testy.

If everything has got cleared, normally how long should we have to wait for the oath letter? We do not know exactly when "everything" was cleared but let us assume it the worst case that it was just one second before we visited Boston Office in May.

Anyone with that experience or visibility into Boston DO?

"Decision cannot be made on your application"

Came back from my interview today and TADA:
"Decision cannot be made....."
"USCIS will send you......"

Before my interview I was wondering why the threads for name checks are so big, now I know.

Question guys,
My Interview Result N-652 did not mention anything except a mark on "Decision can not be made.." and "USCIS will send you......" nothing about any name check,

I asked the Information in room E160 right after the interview they told me the name check was cleared after the FP.

Any ideas

Is this the way they tell you if you are DENIED by sending you a letter in the mail, or there are some other checks they have to finish

Thanks

Quick question and congrats

pea said:
cancellation notice was dated 3/10/06 and rec'd around 3/15/06

Congrats on your final completion, just one quick question, were you able to find out why they descheduled your previous interview? I am in the same situation?

Thanks

Shameless USCIS is running its business in the black hole. See our case above.

What they are doing just let us recall how wicked and fierce the communist immigration officials were when we travelled to communist China years.

Sahmeless USCIS officers are no different from a communist officer - everything is at their discretion; they treat applicants like dogs and beggars.

We can understand cmommunist immigration officiers' behaviors because they grow up in communist environment. But USCIS officials are even worse - they act like communists though they live in a democratic country.

Cleared Interview Today

Guys,

Today I went for my interview at Boston center and got the approval. My oath date is on Aug 2nd. The whole process was easy and took only 7 minutes for the interview. He just reviewed my application and asked five us history questions. The whole citizenship process only took three months.

Here are my details

PD: 3/21/2006
FP: 04/06/06
Interview ND Date: 05/08/06
Interview Date: 06/30/2006
OATH: 08/02/2006

I hope this info is helpful

Naidu

Hi, my reschedulated oath date is July 26 at Quincy Market, and it will last 3 hrs.

PD:2/24/06
FD:3/28/05
ID:6/12/06 (received on 5/6, ND:5/1/06)
OD:6/23/06 (cancelled)
OD: 7/26/06

sorry not Quincy market, it is at Faneuil Hall. If I kept my original oath celemony which was at Hynes Convention Center, and it will last 6 hours. I think it is better to be at Faneuil Hall and last only 3 hrs.

leahalbany, were you given a choice for a place and date? Did you pick something before and change later? Just curious.

My wife had her Interview today

I am still waiting for my name check to clear, however, my wife had her interview yesterday. She was asked the standard questions (out of the 100). She got the first 6 right and was not asked the remaining 4.

The interviewer reviewed all of her info on the N-400 form. She read through the detail my wife provided on her minor traffic tickets. They were not an issue.

My wife even had a new ticket which she is going to go to traffic court to fight. She told the interviewer about it. It was not an issue either. The interviewer asked her to make sure that she took care of it when she went to traffic court (ie pay the fine if the judge found my wife guility of the traffic violation).

Also, my wife forgot to include her maiden name in section 1C (other names used). She brought this to the interviewers attention. This was not an issue either. And finally my wife supplied the interviewer with a new sheet that listed the trips she had taken outside of the the USA since her N400 submission.

After the interview she was told that she was reccomended for citizenship. She was given the oath letter before she left. The oath is in about 1 week.

Everything was fairly standard for her.

Meanwhile I am still waiting to clear name check....

Here is her timeline:

FP - May 22
ND May 30
Letter recieved June 4th
Interview Date July 27th
Oath Date – Aug 7, 2006

DR_Z

My timeline

Application mailed - 4/24/2006
N400 acknowledged - 5/8/2006
Finger print notice - 5/11/2006
Finger print - 5/26/2006
Interview call - 6/16/2006
Interview - 8/3/2006
Oath scheduled for 8/10/2006

A file problem

What is "pending relating A file"?
How long it takes to resolve this?

Please..please share your experience with this kind of problem. Thanks!

Finally, interview rescheduled!

I sent a letter to VSC in July to inquire about my case. They replied saying that my case has been placed in the interview schedule queue. Today I received an interview notice for 9/19.