Boston DOL Region- - I tracker Part II

No Title

There really isn\'t anything that one can do.. We need to hold out a lot of patience and await our turn.. Its slow but its moving.

There is some misconception here that cooks get approved faster than IT people.. I beleive that those approvals (1 day) are temporary workers.. I checked the DOL website and for these seasonal workers, you need to file a ETA 750 - Part A only..

Remember, that the ETA 750 A only states the job description. The B part matches your qualifications for the job. For a permanent LC, you need to file both these parts. Hence there is a 1-1 correspondence and there can be only 1 job opening / ETA 750

For temporary LC\'s, in the absence of Part B, you can put multiple openings in Part A. Hence we see a higher number of openings (1 - 60) for these applications..

For the website, check http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg01bos/public/flch2bapp.htm

HTH

In the automated answering system, those cooks\' applications are

listed within PERMANENT APPLICATION category - double check it...

No Title

Thats what initially fuelled all of us to think those were permanent cases.. But the more you think about it, do you see the DOL approving a permanent case # with 60 openings in 2 days ?

But what is the processing order based on? Dot? Salary? or else?

It\'s very obvious they do not process cases by received date.

Mine is RIR on Jan 31,2001, but so many Feb.1 cases have been approved!
This is so frustrating!

Pikachu, please continue to post approvals. Although Boston is the worst, you are the best!

Need help with terminology

I am fairly new to this process. Can someone explain the abbreviation (RD, ND, etc) and the important dates that you would usually track?

Called Boston. They told me they have been working very hard, even during weekend!?

That\'s wired since they only finished 2 cases yesterday. Boston! Snail!

I have lost my temper!!!!!!!!

What do those Boston guys do every work day? Who audit their work?

Did they know so many Green Card waiters have been stucked by them just because they sometime want a cup of coffee, somtime go out jogging during work day?

God! Please give us some mercey!

I wrote to DOL

Hi all, I sent in a complaint letter to Robert Semler, the regional administrator for Boston. I sent in the letter 2 days ago and got a phone call this morning from someone from his office. She was a little indignant at first...saying they have over 10000 applications etc. etc. I was really pissed with the call because she didn\'t say anything I didn\'t know. I told her I spent 2 1/2 years to get a non-RIR petition with my last employer...in any case, we parted without any significant progress.
To my surprise, she called back in 5 minutes telling me my petition was certified!! before you get excited...DOH! she was referring to my past employer (guess if I go back, that is still valid!!). She located my new petition and said that it was received in March and they are still working on Feb. cases...
bottom line, no progress made...on the other hand, it\'s nice to know that DOL actually reads complaint letters and responds quickly.
but don\'t go sending letters...they\'ll use that as an excuse to further delay petition processing! :)

Later y\'all.

No Title

Did you complain about the fact that the same number of appliations are received at other centers too but they do a better job in processing them. Also the fact that they process RIR as RIR\'s and not in tandem with non RIR applications. Also the fact that they do not process cooks application in a week and hold off on IT workers.

Damn these guys!!!!! Imagine the US govt holding their paychecks until they get the backlogs done and what speed these applications get processed then.

No Title

saying they have over 10000 applications

Only 10,000 ? If you call them, they swear that they are going to take forever to get through April because they have 40,000 applications pending in April. Which is bull, anyway, because going by case #\'s 10000 is a realistic figure.

About half of these (are what i assume to be temporary) cooks which are done with. DOL\'s like chicago used to do 50-100 per day and these chaps do 5 if we are lucky.

Just a few months ago, they used to do RIR\'s in 5.5 months, regular in 6.5 Once they got thru December, they went into sleep mode. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did you send the letter by email or letter?

Could you tell me this person\'s email address or mail address?
I will definitely write to him!!!!!!!!

Connecticut SESA processing times

Hello GC gurus, Could some body comment on Connecticut SESA processing times? or any recent approvals? Mine is RIR applied in May - 2001. Thanks.

One more month?

I called Boston DOL couple weeks ago, they told me that my case will be processed in three weeks. I just called it again. Some woman told me that another month? Can we trust them at all. I want to do something about it. Any good ideas? I want to complain my case to Secretary of Labor Department. Anyone know her email address?
Case detail:

RD: 2/7/01
Non RIR

No Title

Can we trust them at all
No Way I\'ve been hearing the same for my RIR case (3/9) for the last two months.. If u say that I was told 3 weeks back that my case would be done in 3 weeks, they just sau "some weeks are heavier than others".. yeah right !!

? I want to complain my case to Secretary of Labor Department
DOnt think that would do us any good.. I\'ve spoken with certain key officials who all agree that boston is slow and who say that things should improve soon.. But \'soon\' for the beauracracy is \'who knows\' for us !

Maybe tomorow???

Guys: you are right!!

Two months ago, I called Boston, the \'nice\' lady told me maybe tomorrow or end of this week.

Now two months have passed with my heart gradually breaking. Wait.. Wait...

Everyday I could not concentrate on my work. Plans, hopes, wishes, dreams , all of them have been
damaged due to this stupid ,disgusting Green Card.

snail mail

I sent a letter to Robert Semler, Regional Admin...(address can be obtained from www.doleta.gov...)
I sent it certified w/return receipt...didn\'t mention specifics about my case.