Birth Certificate Unavailable / Affidavit for I-485

Birth Certificate

Hi Endless_Wait

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you post the sample Affidavit that you have submitted for your RFE. I know there is a sample on page one of this thread. But I thought that was for people who dont have the certificate or have an incomplete birth certificate.

Thanks for your time.

Hey Guys,
My BC was recently registered (Nov 2002) and i've received RFE.

To respond i have made two sworn affidavits (one from father and the otehr from aunt). In addition i've sent couple of certificates from college stating dob.

Getting affidavits took me 3 weeks so you guys better get these and send it along with your I485 application ... or you could get RFE later.

Hello Gurus,

My parents are visiting me. How do I get a birth certificate affidavit in US from them?

Thanks.

Does the affidavit need to be attested by a Magistrate or is attesting the affidavit by a Notary sufficient?

I submitted Notarised Affidavits & my attorney said that was good.

GCchik

EB2 _ PD Oct 2003
Labor AD Sept 2006
I140 ND 4th Dec 2006 ...Pending

Hey Guys,
My BC was recently registered (Nov 2002) and i've received RFE.

To respond i have made two sworn affidavits (one from father and the otehr from aunt). In addition i've sent couple of certificates from college stating dob.

Getting affidavits took me 3 weeks so you guys better get these and send it along with your I485 application ... or you could get RFE later.

For all those trying to get documents from India/home country for filing 485, like BC, Affidavits, Non Availability Certs.etc. you can have your people e mail a scanned copy & send the originals by certified mail/ Regd. post/ speed Post so that you can go ahead with the filing process here.

GCChik
EB2 PD Oct 2003
Labor AD Sept 2006
I 140 LIN ...ND 4th December 2006...Pending
485-Sent on 1st June 2007

Birth Certificate Issue

Hi All,

I have a problem that my birth certificate is not in english and, instead of my name it has written (BOY). Now What I know is that I need to translate that certificate in english and then I need two affidavit saying that birth certificate belongs to me. Can some one please tell me if I can use some standard format for this?

Thanks,

Affidiavit

Here is that affidavit I used. This affidavit contains a self attestation Clause, so you dont need to get it notarized.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have filed 485 recently with my Birth Certificate which has only first names of myself and my parents. It doesn't have last names. Will this be an issue?. What are the chances of getting RFE?. Thanks

Birth Certificate with mis-spelt name

I am still waiting for my labor to be approved from the Backlog center, but wanted to get the documents in line for 485 filing

My wife's birth certificate has her name different than her passport. abcbahen instead of abcben and the second thing is that her father's last name is different in birth certificate from that in the passport (They i think changed the last name)

I have the original birth certificate(with the mistakes in names) and I know I can use the affidavit from her father who is here in USA. Can I get an affidavit here(signed in front of a notary?) or do I need to get it from some relative in India on a Rs. 20 stamp paper?

Also, can we get the birth certificate from Indian Consulate in New York?

With the yourmaninindia site, can we get birth certificate with atleast the mis-spelt name corrected? abcben instead of abcbahen?

PRHolder

You can get the birth certificate issued from the Indian Consulate here in US; note that this will be treated as a secondary evidence since the birth certificate will clearly state that it's issued based on the details on passport.

As far as BC affidavit goes, you can get it notarized while her father is here in USA. Also note that you need 2 affidavits.

If you try to get the birth cert. corrected (original), that might take time and you might miss the 485 filing window. For now use the BC from Indian Consulate + 2 BC affidavit. Although it's not a bad idea to get the original BC corrected for future use.

Good luck.

Mispelled Birth Certificate

I have a problem with birth certificates of my two daughters. Their names on passports and on birth certificates are as under

Passport Name/ Birth Certificate Name

1. Rameesha/ Ramisha

2. Momna/ Momina

Middle and last names for both daughters are same on BC & Passport.

I am going to apply for I-485. Is thing going to be an issue for me in later stages of I-485, 765 & 131.

PLEASE RESPOND

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Any answer to my question?....

I have filed 485 recently with my Birth Certificate which has only first names of myself and my parents. It doesn't have last names. Will this be an issue?. What are the chances of getting RFE?. Thanks

Piority Dates

Hello,

Does someone know the answer to this question?

Do the priority dates need to stay current throught out I-485 application to approval process?

Thanks
:confused:

Birth cert.

Any answer to my question?....

yeah i think it should have full names of your parents. here's what you should do. take your passport to the indian consulate near you and have them issue a birth certificate. this will be treated as a secondary evidence based on your passport. now this is considering your passport has full names of your parents.
here comes the lengthy part....you will also need affidavits from your father and mother regarding your birth details...so a total of 2 affidavits needed. these need to be notarized. it's better to have them now than to gamble with an RFE later. good luck!

I am hearing consulate given Birth certificate are not valid

yeah i think it should have full names of your parents. here's what you should do. take your passport to the indian consulate near you and have them issue a birth certificate. this will be treated as a secondary evidence based on your passport. now this is considering your passport has full names of your parents.
here comes the lengthy part....you will also need affidavits from your father and mother regarding your birth details...so a total of 2 affidavits needed. these need to be notarized. it's better to have them now than to gamble with an RFE later. good luck!

I am hearing that conculate given birth certificate are not valid...even though i am giving school certificate and affidavits from my both parents...

is anybody else going this route...

BC question

All,

I have two quick questions.
1. I am an Indian citizen born on 1976. Since I don't have an original BC, I got a non-availability from the birth town muncipality and have two affidavits (from mom and uncle). Is this sufficient or do I need anything else?
2. My wife's birth was registered but she got her certificate issued this year (she only had the hospital issued certificate before that). Is this sufficient or does she need additional documents (such as an affidavit)?

Thanks so much for your help.

In your wife's case I suggest you get affidavits too. I saw few cases getting RFE for later date certificate. I myself in the same situation and now obtaining afffidavits.
In your case you are is fine, in my opinion.

All,

I have two quick questions.
1. I am an Indian citizen born on 1976. Since I don't have an original BC, I got a non-availability from the birth town muncipality and have two affidavits (from mom and uncle). Is this sufficient or do I need anything else?
2. My wife's birth was registered but she got her certificate issued this year (she only had the hospital issued certificate before that). Is this sufficient or does she need additional documents (such as an affidavit)?

Thanks so much for your help.

Issues with wife's BC

Hi Guys
Please help me with my wife's BC issue.
1. Her parents are living in Kerala all the time. But for her birth they decided to go Tamil Nadu for some family reason. After birth let say a week they returned to Kerala.
2. Hospital certificate clearly mentioned permanent address as Kerala and forwarded birth details to local municipality.
3. Local municipality then forwarded to there permanent address municipality.
4. Due to this forwards, we are not getting even Non-availability certificate from either officials.
In these situations, what are the options I have to proceed with I-485 stage?
A. Can I proceed with her parents affidavits with school certificates?
B. Or get embassy certificate and her parents affidavits with school certificates?
C. Or hospital certificate with her parents affidavits?

Please help me on this. Thanks in advance

Copy of Affidavit is accepted?

I have 2 questions.
1. For my wife's BC non availability I am submitting the copy of NOC from the municipality and a COPY of affidavit from her parents. Should these two documnets be in original or copies are OK?

2. My BC was in Hindi and I got it translated in English with trustforce.com. I'm submitting the copy of my BC and the copy of translation document. Again, should this copy of translation be in original or copy is accepted.

Please help.
thanks.