Biometrics after I485 approval

received my card today

I received my card today by mail. Actually my I485 was approved on 05/17/2005 and I140 on 10/12/2005. Since I140 was approved late, Inreceived both the approvals on Oct 19th.

Once again thank you for all your advise. if you get the Biometrics notice just go to the SFO ASC.

Thanks

Looks like our cards are ready and mail. It was quite fast considering
we did our biometric only last Friday (today Tuesday). How long does it
take before I get my cards ? Normal postal time within US ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On November 1, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

There is a twist is the story..

Game is still not over yet. Just now Cris send me an email saying “On November 2, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.”

I had 551 stamps on passport about 20 days ago at CIS office and had Bio about 10 days ago at ASC. Apparently Bio triggers ordering the plastic card, which I received couple of days ago. I assume now they receive my old-fashioned finger printing on paper (at the time of 551 stamping on PP) at CIS office. I will not surprise if they send me another set of green card. I hope someone checks the audit trail of the system and stop my second card.
What a waste of time, energy, resources and efforts at CIS. Why possibly system accept the new status (like above) after “Card Mailed” milestone. This should be the last status of someone’s profile. At most there will be some enquires after this status.

well, i atleast avoided that complication. I decided not to go for 551 stamping, thanks to the TSC threads which discussed about this. I think OV also avoided that situation.

'nyways lingeron, now u can afford to be careless with ur 1st set...

-Kandadude.

kandadude said:
well, i atleast avoided that complication. I decided not to go for 551 stamping, thanks to the TSC threads which discussed about this. I think OV also avoided that situation.

'nyways lingeron, now u can afford to be careless with ur 1st set...

-Kandadude.

Aye Aye Cap'n ! even I avoided 551 stamping. Where is your physical
GC at ? in mail I hope. Keep in touch.

same message

I also received the same message

“On November 2, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.”

I went for I551 stamping in sanjose on oct 24th..

I received the card on Oct 31st..

card received

Aye folks, we received our cards yesterday...phew! what a relief...Finally off this process....

Hope all of you guys get yours pretty fast...

Thanks to one and all in this forum for some timely tips.

Good luck.

-Kandadude.

Ditto !

Kandadude - now all I need to reentry in US is my passport + this GC right ?
no other stamp or document is needed I hope. Any idea if i need Canadian visa
to visit Canada ?

yes sir !

Aye OV, Yup! PP + GC is all you need for a re-entry.

No visa needed for canada, mexico, switzerland....and a bunch of otherwise visa requiring countries.

Have fun. Keep in touch.

-Kandadude.

hi

HI

my situation is same also like you . i had biometrics on dec13 05, but i don't receive any 485 approval notice.

some people in local office when we went for biometrics are saying that biometrics is the last stage . after this will receive the card . Is it true ?

what about you?

waitingforGC200 said:
Hello Gurus,

My 485 is still pending and haven't heard anything , today I got a letter to take Biometrics and gave an appointment in the first week of October and the code in the appointment letter says 3 , what does it mean ? I was thinking that biometrics appointment letter comes after 485 approval.

it says, to process your application we need your biometrics, what does this mean? Appreciate your reply.