Biometrics after I485 approval

gbmomgc

Registered Users (C)
Today I visited California Santa Ana ASC and I was told a Biometrics appointment letter is strictly required to do Biometrics , even though with I-485 approval notice and Biometrics appointment conformation number.

Any one gets the Biometrics appointment letter from USCIS after calling 1-800 # to schedule Biometrics appointment?

Please Help.

Thanks.

My 485 is still pending and I scheduled Biometrics appointment via the 800#. I went to Santa Ana ASC too last week but the INS officer did not allow me do the Biometrics based on the confirmation# alone. They said I must have the Biometris appointment letter which I have not received yet.

You may try to go to Santa Ana INS office (at 34 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana) to ask for help.

gbmomgc said:
Today I visited California Santa Ana ASC and I was told a Biometrics appointment letter is strictly required to do Biometrics , even though with I-485 approval notice and Biometrics appointment conformation number.

Any one gets the Biometrics appointment letter from USCIS after calling 1-800 # to schedule Biometrics appointment?

Please Help.

Thanks.

We called 1-800 # 3 times, 3 differenet customer service representatives all said that they would not send appointment letter, just the confirmation number # should be enough.

I think the some local ASC are not cooperating with customer service or the service center unless they have the appointment letter being asked to do so.

Keep us posted.

biometrics appointment letter

My name check was cleared this month after 14 months waiting in FBI. Finally I received 485 approval notice last week and called USCIS 1-800# to set up biometics appointment with San Jose Application Support Center. I then dropped by ASC in San Jose and was told that biometric appointment letter is strictly required. ASC can't process biometrics just based on I485 Approval notice and confirmation number. So I called USCIS 1-800# this morning. The customer service representative transferred me to an immigration officier. It sounds like the officier is not too familiar with Biometrics appointment letter either. In the end, she asked me to wait a few weeks. Maybe the computer will generate an appoinment automatically after the customer service rep gave me the confirmation number. Please share your experience regarding the appointment letter

I too called 1-800 customer service this morning to ask for the appointment letter. My call was transfered to another rep. I told her that ASC seems not getting the instruction for this new procedure (confirmation#), but she insisted that all I need to present to ASC are approval notice, confirmation # and Photo ID.

When I called 800# today to schedule appointment as per 485 approval
notice, the lady on phone sounded a bit confused. I told her that this
approval notice asks me to call this number to schedule a biometric appt
at ASC. She asked me to read the notice which I did. Then she put me
on hold and came back in a few mins. Later she gave me appointment
time and date plus those confirmation numbers.

I think what is indeed required is folks should point out the lines in 485 approval to ASC that asks to schedule Biometric appointment by calling 800 number

Keep posted ,this is a good thread.

Same issue here in Texas

I have experienced the exactly same situation here in Dallas, Texas. I went to ASC with the approval notice, photo ID and the appointment number. And ASC refused to take any biometrics without "the appointment letter". I tried to explain this may be a new procedure. But, the person in ASC insisted I should go home and wait for the letter. (Also he said the appointment letter is usually delivered within 1 week after the approval notice. And it has passed about a month after I got this appoval notice.)

Please let me what to do.

:mad:

Update on new procedure

After reading this thread, I called National Customer Service Line (800-375-5283) and told them that many applicants are being sent back from ASC inspite of having an approval notice and a confirmatio number for Biometric
appointment.

I was transferred to a more knowledgable person. This lady mentioned that
they are receiving a lot of calls from 485 applicants regarding this issue.

If your approval letter asks you to schedule a biometric appointment, then
you have to make an appointment by calling 800 number and go to ASC
with approval notice, confirmation number and valid id.

She also mentioned that I could talk to their supervisor in case they don't
know the new procedure.

biometric appointment letter

I called 1-800# again today regarding biometric appointment letter. The lady informed me that 1-800# is a national USCIS number and it doesn't send out biometric appoinment letter even if there is confirmation number in the system. I then asked her if it's possible to notify local ASC that appoinment letter is not required. She said that she will record the problem in the system. She sincerely wish the issue can be resolved in the next few weeks. She also recommends me contact local USCIS office to report the issue. Local USCIS address is on the lower left side of the I485 approval notice.

It seems that there might be a solution to biometric appointment letter soon if enough people bring up the issue to 1-800#, local ASC, and local USCIS office. I'll drop by San Jose, CA ASC again tomorrow afternoon to see if I can report the problem to the office manager. :) Last time, the guard at the door told me firmly that appointment letter is strictly required and local ASC can not do anything without the letter. He suggested me sort things out with USCIS.

zzhang16 said:
I called 1-800# again today regarding biometric appointment letter. The lady informed me that 1-800# is a national USCIS number and it doesn't send out biometric appoinment letter even if there is confirmation number in the system. I then asked her if it's possible to notify local ASC that appoinment letter is not required. She said that she will record the problem in the system. She sincerely wish the issue can be resolved in the next few weeks. She also recommends me contact local USCIS office to report the issue. Local USCIS address is on the lower left side of the I485 approval notice.

It seems that there might be a solution to biometric appointment letter soon if enough people bring up the issue to 1-800#, local ASC, and local USCIS office. I'll drop by San Jose, CA ASC again tomorrow afternoon to see if I can report the problem to the office manager. :) Last time, the guard at the door told me firmly that appointment letter is strictly required and local ASC can not do anything without the letter. He suggested me sort things out with USCIS.

Even I am planning to drop by tomorrow afternoon at ASC San jose. I think
I will talk to the supervisor to explain the situation. There seems to be
a disconnect here.

Code-3 biometrics.

Hello Gurus,

My 485 is still pending and haven't heard anything , today I got a letter to take Biometrics and gave an appointment in the first week of October and the code in the appointment letter says 3 , what does it mean ? I was thinking that biometrics appointment letter comes after 485 approval.

it says, to process your application we need your biometrics, what does this mean? Appreciate your reply.

I had made an appointment to get the biometrics done after 485 approval for today. I did my biometrics at San Diego ASC today. There was some confusion about what code of biometrics needs to be done, but finally they said code 2 is needed (for which they take index finger print, photo and signature). And on coming back I checked my online case status; the LUD has changed to oct 7 and the message says 'After approving your case we have ordered you a new card'.

Hope this helps people who are waiting to get their biometrics done after 485 approval.

update

Today I did biometrics in Santa Ana ASC. No question asked. But the door guy did go inside to check (may be with the Supervisor).

Like gc_eb2_conc, right after I came back, I found the online status has changed to "card ordered" and I also received the email notice.

Thanks all for sharing infomation in this forum and good luck to people going for Biometrics.

Nightmare does not end even after getting approvals.
- San Jose ASC is rude and doesn’t allow without appointment.
- Oakland ASC folks are nice but very rule abiding people.
- Monterey Road Immigration office can’t stamp passport until Biometrics completed.
- 800# can give you appointment only in late November and that too without issuing any new letter so not sure if ASC will allow without letter. I hope they get daily manifest from CIS.
- Lawyer start ignoring because payment is only till approvals..
Is there any one got their biometrics completed recently without appointment? Please post your experience, location and your trick..

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! Asked to do the BIO again - need help

I got my I-485 'approval' notice in the mail yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Approved on 9/29. The catch is I have been asked to do the BIO after taking an appointment with the USCIS Customer Service 800 number. I am not able to navigate thro the menu options to reach the correct Customer Service rep.

Once it went to the CSC and the person who picked up the phone said scheduling FP appointment is a different option thro' the menu. Who could not help further.

Any one, pl tell me the menu navigation to reach the correct Customer service rep for scheduling this FP?

Also, is there any one in this forum, from SF bay area who got the BIO done after the aprroval? if there is, could you pl let us know, How to crack this nut?

Southwycke

CSC
PD 01/2002
Labor EB2 AD 5/2004
I140/I485 RD 7/13/2004
I140 AD 2/28/04
FP CODE 3 done 4/5/2005
I485 AD 9/29/05