Biometrics after I485 approval

I485 - Type Approval Notice

Notice type : approval notice.

Content in the notice:
In processing your case we have reached the point where we need to make an appointment to go to one of our ASC to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken.

call customer service at 800.375.5283 to schedule your appointment.
We cannot complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment. you must appear for your appointment within 84 days from the date of this notice.

What to bring to your appointment:

youmust bring this letter and photo identification to your appointment.
Acceptable kind of photo identifications are:

A passport or national photo identification issued by your country.
A driver's license.
A military photo identification, or
A state issued photo identification card.
My attorney says the case is approved...

I got an infopass ppoint t wekk..will update you after that.

Good News on Seante Judiciary Approval and Your Free Camera

Good news: 10/20/2005: Senate Judiciary Reportedly Approved Immigration Proposals
Source:www.immigration-law.com

Also, This info is posted in another forum but wanted to share this to you folks. First I thought it is spams but I got my free
stuff in mail today.. Also Please Note That SIGNING UP for KMART is the FASTEST way you can get credit BELOW and you can cancel it in 2 days without paying a penny. Dont' sign up for credit card offers as it is slow to get credit.

Listen to BBC News Clipping @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40101000/rm/_40101790_ipods_carver22_vi.ram

Please Read Yahoo Financial News
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18

Now Click Here for Your Free Sony DSC T7 Camera
Please do sign up for KMART OFFER to get credit immediately.

PS: This is not a scam…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

esentha said:
Notice type : approval notice.

Content in the notice:
In processing your case we have reached the point where we need to make an appointment to go to one of our ASC to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken.

call customer service at 800.375.5283 to schedule your appointment.
We cannot complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment. you must appear for your appointment within 84 days from the date of this notice.

What to bring to your appointment:

youmust bring this letter and photo identification to your appointment.
Acceptable kind of photo identifications are:

A passport or national photo identification issued by your country.
A driver's license.
A military photo identification, or
A state issued photo identification card.
My attorney says the case is approved...

I got an infopass ppoint t wekk..will update you after that.

Thanks. Please do keep us posted because this will shed some light on whether they are approving cases strictly based on the cutoff date and give us something to hope for.

Infopass Appointment 7 & Biometrics

Good morning guys. Hope you had a great weekend .Just a quick update regarding my infopass appointment today @ the sanjose service center.
I had an appointment @ 7.30 Am. I went there @ 7.15 AM. I met the immigration office @ 7.35 AM. I showed him the I485 approval notice and all the documents(EAD,AP,H1B & H4 approval,I94 and 2 photos).He said I have to call the 1-800 no and fix the appointment for my Biometrics. I told him that I already fixed and the earliest appt what I got is only on November 23rd, since I have to travel to India in 2nd week of November I want the Biometrics and I551 stamping in my passport here in Sanjose service center. He asked me to wait for some time. After 5~10 minutes he called me again and said he can stamp I551 in my passport but for Biometrics I have to go to the ASC after coming back from India. So he stamped I551 on my passport and also for my wife and it is valid for 6 months i.e till April 23rd, 2006.He said after completing my Biometrics in ASC, I should receive the physical green card.He returned me the original I485 approval notice.Since I have the appointment in ASC on November 23rd for me and my wife. So I will wait for my biometrics till November 23rd.

Once again thank you for your help guys.I really appreciate its a great forum.

Thank you guys

Sanjose ASC & SFO ASC - Biometrics Appointment

Good afternoon guys.Just a quick update regarding my Biometrics appointment. After completing the I551 stamping yesterday I thought of going to Sanjose - ASC today morning . My original biometrics appointment is scheduled on 11/23/2005. So I thought of giving a try. I went to Sanjose ASC around 8.30 AM .The security person asked whether I had an appointment for biometrics, I told I don't have one and wanted to talk with the supervisor. He directed me to the lady who was sitting @ the front desk. I told her that I called the 1-800 no and got the appoinment on 11/23/2005, since I already planned for going to India on November 11th, I wanted to check whether it is possible to do the biometrics before that.She took my I485 approval notice and my drivers license went inside to discuss with her boss. She came back after 5 minutes and asked me to show the airline ticket. I told I forgot to bring it. She said her supervisor is very strict and without proof she can't give me the appointment. Then I came back to work.

Called a travel agent and booked the ticket to India(just blocked the ticket) on November 11th . Took a printout and wanted to give a try in SFO ASC. Around 12.30 PM reached SFO ASC @ 250, Broadway Street. Again the same story. Explained to the security person. Here she checked the appointment list and said that my name was not in the list. Then I told the same story again and this time I showed her the itinerary . She tookd my I485 approval notice,ID and the itinerary.Again she went inside and came back and told me that I can do my biometrics today.Oops atlast I did the biometrics in SFO -ASC (Code 3 - Finger printing - 10 fingers - electronic signature and digital photo). The person also aknowledged my I485 approval notice and gave it back to me.

Thanks guys for all your advise and help.Ater reading this forum I came to know lots of new things.Once again thanks.

Wired messge after biometrics

Hi,

I completed Biometrics on monday.
Next day online message changed to "Your cards are ordered".

Today message changed again to

the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Did anybody experienced same?

-SK

smk2004 said:
Hi,

I completed Biometrics on monday.
Next day online message changed to "Your cards are ordered".

Today message changed again to

the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Did anybody experienced same?

-SK

SK,
As I remember you got your 485 approvals recently and visited to San Jose ASC and Oakland ASC for Bio in last couple of weeks? If you are that person then this message is indeed weird and doesn’t look good. Such message comes only when you go for first time FP and they initiate your FBI Name check and FP check. I hope someone mistakenly loaded the archived data.

I suggest calling emergency number for 485 Inquiry 949-389-3007 or call 1-800-375-5283 and speak to CIS agent. Also you can take infopass and meet with CIS officer. If you want temporary green card then get your passport stamped by taking ADIT infopass.

By the way the next message after “your card order” is “Order is complete and we mailed your card”

Keep updating us. Good luck…

CRIS Email

Hi Guys,

I just received an email from CRIS saying my case was approved today and we have ordered a card for your.Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you are in similar situation don't wait for ASC, Sanjose ..just go to SFO or Oakland. I did the biometrics in SFO.

Once again thank you for all your advise and help guys. After reading this forum only I decided of going to SFO ASC.

Thanks

lingeron said:
SK,
As I remember you got your 485 approvals recently and visited to San Jose ASC and

Yes You are right.
Does anybody experienced same after bio?

When they did my Bio they did all fingers and index finger, picture and signature.

I was just expecting code 2.

Possible Data Entry error

I did my Bio-metrics on Tuesday (10/11) and yesterday I received an e-mail with same message you got. But my wife got "card ordered" message. I called USCIS and customer service rep told me that I should receive the card in 4 weeks and if not call them back again. Attorney says that it is a data entry error.

I am planning to wait a couple of weeks and call them again to see what they say.

smk2004 said:
Yes You are right.
Does anybody experienced same after bio?

When they did my Bio they did all fingers and index finger, picture and signature.

I was just expecting code 2.

I have gotten exactly same message after FP but my case has not been
approved. So USCIS probably update your status mechanically with a
standard message.

Did you get a physical approval notice and e-mail(or status update) of
the approval ?

fdfd

Data entry error

Hi Smk2004,

Today my online status is updated with the following message. It is a data entry error as expected. Mostly you will be getting your card in a couple of weeks. Good luck :)

"On October 28, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283"

code2 bio ??

Aye Folks, We'd been to the SF ASC today for our bio. appt. (with 485 approval letters) They did only a code2 for myself and my spouse. I asked them about code3 and they told me that my previous fp's were good (Oct '04) and all they needed was 1 FP, digital photo and signature.

Well, i couldn't argue. But was wondering if there are others who did code2 too... Also, when did you guys see the online message change ? I can see a LUD update, but the online message hasn't yet changed.

-Kandadude.

I am code2

Hey Kandadude,

I and my wife went to San Jose ASC today and we did code2 (index finger,
photo and signature).

To my surprise I received emails from CIS few minutes back (6:00pm PST):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On October 28, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASC must have uploaded the results right away and ordering card was
triggered automatically. Online message has changed too.

kandadude said:
Aye OV, Yup! Likewise. Just checked.

Thanks!
-Kandadude.
Now just count up to 5 or may be 6...
Got my card in 5 days (Sunday included) from the day I had my Bio. Check after 2 days and it will be "On XXXXX 99, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Free_on_Sep_30 said:
Hi Smk2004,

Today my online status is updated with the following message. It is a data entry error as expected. Mostly you will be getting your card in a couple of weeks. Good luck :)

"On October 28, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283"

Hi,

I got my cards yesterday.
Message is still the same.
I dont know may be they forgot to update message.

Anyway Thanks !!

smk2004 said:
Hi,

I got my cards yesterday.
Message is still the same.
I dont know may be they forgot to update message.

Anyway Thanks !!

I am a bit confused. How is it possible to get the GCs when the retrogession is in progress. I got my Bio done on 10/5/05 and have got nothing so far except the LUD change without any message change.

God knows whats going on with USCIS.

Hi gc-reqd,

Folks who are talking about doing Biometric and getting a physical card
these days had their 485 approved before retrogression kicked in on 1st of
October. These folks never done Biometric code 2 (photo, signature etc)
before approval. So they have to do it now before their physical cards can be
processed.

Essentially doing Biometric is a precodition to getting a physical card, but
it is not a precondition to 485 approval.

OV