Biometric appointment for green card

Elena Z

I am a physician working shift schedule. Unfortunatelly, my biometric appointment was scheduled during my shift day again ( the tird time). Despite my multiple requests to schedule during weeks when I am off, it is not happening. I do not want abandon my patients since thee is no other physician available that day. I tried to reach Philadelphia USCIS office on 103000 Drummond Rd directly, but was not lucky. I am wondering if there is such thing as “Walk in”. For example, If I come a few days earlier than my existing appointment, will they let me in? It is approximately 5 -6 h drive for me to get there. So, I do not want to do it unless there is a chance to be seen that day. Any experience anyone?

Yes you can attempt a walk-in. Of course there’s no guarantee but if you’re able to convince the folks at the ASC of your dilemma when you show up, (and they’re not super busy), they may be open to attending a to you. And by the way, the walk-in can also be at any other ASC outside of your assigned location.

It can be difficult to get in touch with the USCIS office directly, but it's worth trying again to see if they can accommodate your schedule. Regarding your question about "walk-ins," it's possible that the USCIS office may accept them on a case-by-case basis, but there's no guarantee. It may be best to call the USCIS customer service line at 1-800-375-5283 to ask about the policy for walk-ins at the Philadelphia office. They may be able to provide more specific guidance on whether or not you can be seen earlier than your scheduled appointment.