Been 3 weeks, spouse's 485 pending, why?

Primary Approved, derivative pending:

Could you please update here your derivative's Visa Status whenn applied for the I-485 ?

another soft LUD today

Hello,
I see another LUD on my wife's 485. First one after submitting the Medical RFE response was on Jan 23th 08. But there is no change in the content of the message. Here is the message
On January 22, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Did you guys also got the same message for the LUD's? If it is different, could you post the message? Since she already finished FP, should we expect the approval within 60 days as mentioned in the message? Or this is just their standard message?

Plz advise

My wife's 485 is still pending and we're moving to Texas from Michigan. What will happen to my wife's case? Any idea?

An update after a long time. Today, we received the Card Production ordered e-mail for my wife's case. Her's was pending Name Checks. After the Feb memo, we were hopeful but on April 1st her NC cleared (was told when we spoke to an IO last week)!! We saw LUD's immediately and received the Card Production ordered e-mail today.

It has been a frustrating journey after having been pending in LC for about 5 years, but now we can relax.

Good luck to everyone and don't give up hope.

Any derivatives pending ?

My daughter and I got green cards on 04/21/2008, my wife's case is still pending. I am wondering if there are any derivatives case pending but primaries were approved some time back.

My wife called to NSC on Monday and she was told that case is assigned to officer and she suppose to get a decision within next 30 days.

If there is anyone waiting for his/her derivative approval for a while ?

I am also would be interested to know how long it took you to get derivatives approvals if you already got one recently.

What could be the reason that derivative's case is skipped while primary's is approved ?

Last edited by a moderator:
same

same boat here....my case got approved almost an year back and my wife case is still pending. My lawyer spoke to an officer on March 13th, and the officer mentioned we will inform our decision within 45 days. It's about 42 days now. NO FEEDBACK.

PD: 09/2002 India.

My daughter and I got green cards on 04/21/2008, my wife's case is still pending. I am wondering if there are any derivatives case pending but primaries were approved some time back.

My wife called to NSC on Monday and she was told that case is assigned to officer and she suppose to get a decision within next 30 days.

If there is anyone waiting for his/her derivative approval for a while ?

I am also would be interested to know how long it took you to get derivatives approvals if you already got one recently.

What could be the reason that derivative's case is skipped while primary's is approved ?

same boat here....my case got approved almost an year back and my wife case is still pending. My lawyer spoke to an officer on March 13th, and the officer mentioned we will inform our decision within 45 days. It's about 42 days now. NO FEEDBACK.

PD: 09/2002 India.

Do you have any idea why they skip cases of dependants ?
Before (3-4 months ago) they could say that Security/Name check is not completed, now it looks like they have another reason.

no idea, we are legally living here and paying tons of tax but they want to screw us, but they want to issue citizen to illegal immigrants!!

Do you have any idea why they skip cases of dependants ?
Before (3-4 months ago) they could say that Security/Name check is not completed, now it looks like they have another reason.

Gurus , just want to figure out the reason for the pending derivative cases, how many of them have 2 485's applied

Gurus , just want to figure out the reason for the pending derivative cases, how many of them have 2 485's applied

Every case is different. So, there can be various reasons.

Mostly, I would think it used to be because of security checks. But, with the current process (no NC required) that will be minimized unless some positive turns up in a NC and the application has to undergo an "Extended review". Another reason could be because the applications were assigned to different officers.

???

My lawyer spoke to an officer regarding my wife's case 2 months back. Officer mentioned that he will review the case and let know within 45 days. It's been more than 2 months no feedback as of now. My lawyer said that nowadays it takes more than 45 days to get a feedback from uscis. It that true? USCIS approved my case 1 year back, but my spouse's is still pending.

PD: 09/2002 EB3
Almost 6 years....

still waiting

still waiting for the derivative case to be approved...
Its almost a year since mine was approved...
:-(

My lawyer spoke to an officer regarding my wife's case 2 months back. Officer mentioned that he will review the case and let know within 45 days. It's been more than 2 months no feedback as of now. My lawyer said that nowadays it takes more than 45 days to get a feedback from uscis. It that true? USCIS approved my case 1 year back, but my spouse's is still pending.

Almost 6 years....

same here , its been more than 45 days now no reply, dont know how many more days we have to wait

ead

Friends, I got 9 ead cards for me and wife during 2003 - 2006 and I stopped renewing it. I got my GC approved in last July. Still no luck for my wife's 485. Now, I had to renew her EAD for some reasons. Please let me know the fee and if any new e-filing procedures. It's been more than 1.5 years since I did last time. That's why I want to hear from you. If I e-file, will she get fingerprint again? I moved to Texas from Michigan and that's another head ache.

hey there... let me know the new process too. I have to file both EAD and AP for my wife as well.
Thanks

Sr

I tried to raise a service request today. But the agent refused; she said that no move visa number until October. Still (june 30) my wife is elgible for visa number since she was born in non-retro country. I have applied cross-chargeability for two times.

reply from stupids

uscis replied for the enquiry after 6 months saying that primary applicant 140 or pd not specified in the service request. your case has not been approved until primary case got approved.

did the really check the primary case? my case has been approved more than a year back (07/2007). And, more over they sent the letter to my very old address. I changed my address online 2 times after moved from that address.
stupid officers!!

can I personally reply to that letter instead thru' lawyer? thanks.

My wife case is pending still.....
What does this mean? Are they requesting anything from us? Thanks.

"Our service records indicate this application is currently awaiting officer review. Without
the husband's alien registration number we are unable give any additional information."

Almost 6.5 years....

did the really check the primary case? my case has been approved more than a year back (07/2007). And, more over they sent the letter to my very old address. I changed my address online 2 times after moved from that address.
Did you change it for the I-485 case, both yourself and your spouse? Using AR-11 isn't always sufficient.