Been 3 weeks, spouse's 485 pending, why?

skp19722003

Registered Users (C)
Primay has been approved 3 weeks ago. But, they haven't approved my wife's 485. What could be the reason?

PD: 09/2002
ND: 10/2003

me too

I am also in the same boat!

I along with my son got approval notice last week but didn't get for my wife :confused:

I called many times to NSC and yesterday IO told me that because of the fludding of all I-485 fillers it may take some more time, she also mentioned that they are working 6 days a week and ask me to call back after 4-6 weeks. She didn't tell me that whether or not visa number has been alloted to her application:confused:

My AP also pending and I have a travel plan so worst case if my wife doesn't get before our travel then she will have to travel on AP.

I have taken an infopass appointment for tomorrow, let's see if I can get some more inputs from IO.

EB3-July 1st, 2003
Approved I-485 for me and for my son on 07/20/2007
Wife I-485 ??

Same here.

485 approved for self and second son on 7.18.7 (cards still awaited), while 485 pending for wife and first son.

DIGS

EB3, India
PD : Aug.'03
RD : Apr.'04

I'm in the same boat as well. I received my card July 5th but my wife's application is still pending. My wife called NSC last week and they told her that they were holding off spouse's applications due to visa number unavailability. She tried to call yesterday again but after an hour waiting she hung up.

I am in the same situation, what I have noticed that there is a difference of 140 cases between mine and my wife LIN numbers. I feel this might me possible cause for the delay in my case.

But to be noted, when my wife called IO first time she was told that her case is waiting for VISA number. She called yesterday Jul 25th and IO told her case is wpending security/name check. Do not know which one to believe.

Spouse's case is separate application, it is not unusal for it take few weeks or even months to get approval after the primary has been approved.

Is spouse and the primary utilize 1 visa or they use up 2 visas.....if it is 2separate visas then is it possible that they now have run out of visas and the spouses have to wait till october. Can you plz give me nebraska service center ph #. thanks

Each dependent (spouse and children) will require one visa number each. Only if visa numbers are available and primary's PD is current will the dependents will be approved.

I'm on the same boat. Got approval emails for me and my daughter last friday, but wife's case is still pending. I checked online status, her case has a same LUD as mine. Are they really holding up spouse's cases for visa numbers?

EB2 NSC
PD: 08/2003
I485 ND: 10/10/2006 AD: 7/28/07

Same here

My case was approved on 07/18, plastic card received on 07/26, but my wife's case is still pending. Spoke to an IO last week and he said, it's in staging area and waiting to be assigned to an Officer.

I received my PR Card last week. My application is apporved 2 weeks back while my wife's case is still pending. Prior I got my approval, my wife and I both received RFE's and we sent the response for the both at the same time. 2 weeks after my RFE was receive, my case was approved. The last status on my wife's application was her RFE documents have been received by the office and it is in pending state since then.

Wifes I-485 case

I called , IO said - it is waiting for the security clearance. I asked if the Visa number is allocated IO said she does not have that info

Prior to that when i called IO said all the checks are cleared

What to believe and what not to is discretionary

Is anyone from this thread received the spouse approval? If yes, could you please let us know how long it took to receive the spouse approval after the primary is approved.

I had an InfoPass appointment yesterday (8/10) for my wife and elder son'. We drove 100 miles to learn from the IO that I already knew. She had no clue why the applications were pending. She did not return my InfoPass appointment letters which I wanted as back-up in stepping up the enquiry by writing to a Senator who has been very helpful during my I-140. To be safer make copy of the InfoPass appointment for your records.

While, I decided to wait until the next morning to find any LUD changes, I got an email yesterday @ 9 pm CST, stating my wife's card production has been ordered, 3 weeks after mine. There is no approval yet for my elder son. My younger son's 485 was approved along with me on 7/18 and all our A#s are in sequence and the Receipt #s in that order, but the first and last got approved ahead of the middle two.

So, good luck for rest in similar situation.

DIGS
EB3, India
PD : Aug.03
RD : Apr.04

Wife's I-485

Congs DIGS for your wifes approval.
1)Is there a LUD change after you got your wifes card ordered e-mail?
2)Is there any other message like Card Mailed ....?

Thanks and have fun this weekend

Thanks JustGC007,

The LUD on my wife's 485 appn changed from 6/?/06 to 8/10/07 stating as per the received email that 'the card production has been ordered'. No further LUD changes or emails. I had received 3 emails on my 485, 2 on the same date for card production and welcome notice and later an approval notice. It is always uncertain. Your wife's 485 approval should be on the way too. Good luck.

DIGS

I had an InfoPass appointment yesterday (8/10) for my wife and elder son'. We drove 100 miles to learn from the IO that I already knew. She had no clue why the applications were pending. She did not return my InfoPass appointment letters which I wanted as back-up in stepping up the enquiry by writing to a Senator who has been very helpful during my I-140. To be safer make copy of the InfoPass appointment for your records.

While, I decided to wait until the next morning to find any LUD changes, I got an email yesterday @ 9 pm CST, stating my wife's card production has been ordered, 3 weeks after mine. There is no approval yet for my elder son. My younger son's 485 was approved along with me on 7/18 and all our A#s are in sequence and the Receipt #s in that order, but the first and last got approved ahead of the middle two.

So, good luck for rest in similar situation.

DIGS
EB3, India
PD : Aug.03
RD : Apr.04

Congrats DIGGS. Its good to see derivative approvals coming through.