BEC Priority Date Tracker

Labor Certified

Online system is showing certified since October 11th.
EB2-RIR, KS.
PD:01/2002.
Replied 45 day letter: 08/29/2006
Online status: Certified: 10/11/2006
Case Number: D-05319-xxxxx.
NOF at Regional Chicago: June 2003, August 2004, Sep 2004 (All company Layoff related)

Thanks

Kgp

MDWatch, good to see you maintaining the tracker. Thanks for your efforts.

Sorry for being so late about updating my status, just wanted to take break from the forum.

Here are details about my case

ETA # Not known
SWA: NJ
Type: EB2/RIR
PD: 12/25/02
RD: Never made it to Regional
45 DL Receive: 04/30/06
45 DL Responded: 05/10/2005
LC Approval: Certified 07/20/06

online status certified

Just checked online my labor is certified.

MD Watch - please update

MDWatch,
Thanks for maintaining the tracker. It is very useful. Here is an update from me:
handle: anky
Philly BEC
case#: P-05143-32XX
DOL: never made it to regional
PD: 10/23/2003
45DL: responded on 3/1/2006
Current online status: In Progress

I think there is an incorrect entry for me in the tracker with a wrong 2002 PD.

Thanks again for your efforts.

-anky

Input needed

My labor was certified for BS+5 yrs experience and my experience is progressive too. ONly dilemma is 1 yr experience shown is during my final year BE. will it pose a problem. Even though that is there i also have 5 yrs progressive work experience apart from that before i joined the present company.And i have an MS too.So can i seek Eb2.
So can i go ahead and send all the experience letters while filing 140 in that way USCIS can determine my case to be EB2. I am little worried as i dont want to file 140 in EB3 as i waited for 2 1/2 yrs to get my labor approval and dont want to wait for yrs together for GC. If i can file in EB2 i can file 140/485 /ead/ap concurrently and get my ead.hence this dilemma.Any inputs.

Update

MDWatch

My lawyers received certified labor on Friday. The actual date of approval is 9-28-06. Certifying officer is Barbara Shelly. Thanks a lot for maintaining the tracker.

Also, for all those who have priority date from 2001/2002 and are stuck, I suggest that you write letters to Elaine Chao/William Carlson/Senators/Congress men etc. I patiently waited all these years not wanting to rock the boat. A few months ago, when I started seeing July 2002 approvals from PBEC, I got very hopeful and waited for some news on my case. Soon PBEC went past July 2002 and then July 2003 and still no news about my case. Finally fed up, I wrote a letter to Elaine Chao. In response I got a standard canned replyfrom William Carlson. I wrote back to him reminding him of FIFO and all other BS. My letter was delivered to his office on 9/26/06. The approval stamp on certified labor is for 9/28/06. What surprised me most was that some corrections on the labor certification were done with hand on 9/29/06 after approval (my company changed law firm during the process and new lawyers sent for change in correspondence address with reply to 45-day letter). From this it seems to me that no one had even touched my application until then. In the last few months when approvals were coming for cases with priority dates in 2003/2004, there were rumors goign around that all cases left from 2001/2002 were going to get NOF. I think that is all BS. I feel that the only reason those cases are stuck is because no one has looked at them. If they had looked at them, they would have already issued NOF if it was needed. PBEC is simply processing some cases, skipping some and moving along. If you are one of those unlucky ones who have been skipped, you will be better off doing something about it rather than hoping that they will come back to your case soon. I wish all the best to all of you. Hope you all will get your approvals soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
MA Feb 2004 RIR Labor Certified

I have been a silent sufferer.

State: MA
Type: EB3/RIR
Priority Date: Feb 22 2004
45 Day Letter: Feb 22 2006
ETA: P-05199-3xxxx

Good luck to you all!

Can't believe it...

Funny you should mention this CO. She just denied my LC. After 1,600+ days waiting, I'm stunned. Now waiting to hear from my lawyer to see what options are available.

Good luck to all others
~mmatravel

Garfield said:
MDWatch

My lawyers received certified labor on Friday. The actual date of approval is 9-28-06. Certifying officer is Barbara Shelly. Thanks a lot for maintaining the tracker.

Also, for all those who have priority date from 2001/2002 and are stuck, I suggest that you write letters to Elaine Chao/William Carlson/Senators/Congress men etc. I patiently waited all these years not wanting to rock the boat. A few months ago, when I started seeing July 2002 approvals from PBEC, I got very hopeful and waited for some news on my case. Soon PBEC went past July 2002 and then July 2003 and still no news about my case. Finally fed up, I wrote a letter to Elaine Chao. In response I got a standard canned replyfrom William Carlson. I wrote back to him reminding him of FIFO and all other BS. My letter was delivered to his office on 9/26/06. The approval stamp on certified labor is for 9/28/06. What surprised me most was that some corrections on the labor certification were done with hand on 9/29/06 after approval (my company changed law firm during the process and new lawyers sent for change in correspondence address with reply to 45-day letter). From this it seems to me that no one had even touched my application until then. In the last few months when approvals were coming for cases with priority dates in 2003/2004, there were rumors goign around that all cases left from 2001/2002 were going to get NOF. I think that is all BS. I feel that the only reason those cases are stuck is because no one has looked at them. If they had looked at them, they would have already issued NOF if it was needed. PBEC is simply processing some cases, skipping some and moving along. If you are one of those unlucky ones who have been skipped, you will be better off doing something about it rather than hoping that they will come back to your case soon. I wish all the best to all of you. Hope you all will get your approvals soon.

Phone number to check the status?

Hi Friends,

In the past I saw in the thread a phone number to check the LC status. If you have it could you please post the number. When I check the status on-line I keep getting the error message web page.

Thx,
Nag

can we re-file LC in PERM without losing the Priority Date?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether we can re-file a new LC in PERM without loosing our PD as the BEC is taking a lot of time to process backlog LC.

Has anyone done this? Is it too risky? :confused:

Appreciate your feedback.

N

javaguy said:
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether we can re-file a new LC in PERM without loosing our PD as the BEC is taking a lot of time to process backlog LC.

Has anyone done this? Is it too risky? :confused:

Appreciate your feedback.

N

You can refile. But if you PERM is denied, you loose everything. Most of the people I talked so far, they don't recommend converting RIR to PERM.

NJ Labor certified online

handle: anky
Philly BEC
case#: P-05143-32XX
DOL: never made it to regional
PD: 10/23/2003
45DL: responded on 3/1/2006
Current online status: Certified

Hope to get the physical certification documents soon.

-anky

how about TR cases that made it to the region ??

hello,
My priority date is in apr 2004 and my recruitment was completed and the application was sent to region in Nov 2004. Nothing happened at the region and they forwarded to backlog PBEC. Can anyone give an estimate of where applications similar to mine are at compared to Traditional vs RIR. Mine is traditional process in EB2.

thanks,

PS: I think, since recruitment is complete, mine will be similar to RIR, but is there another queue for these that anyone is aware of ??

LC Certified 9/20/2006
Thanks MD Watch. Good luck for all of you waiting for LC.
By the way, is there a tracker for I-140?

Garfield said:
MDWatch

Hi Garfield,

Can you please tell me what address/Fax no did you send your letter to ?

Regards

gc_help04 said:
Hi Garfield,

Can you please tell me what address/Fax no did you send your letter to ?

Regards

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20210

William L. Carlson
Administrator
Office of Foreign Labor Certification, ETA
200 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20210

balasam said:
hello,
My priority date is in apr 2004 and my recruitment was completed and the application was sent to region in Nov 2004. Nothing happened at the region and they forwarded to backlog PBEC. Can anyone give an estimate of where applications similar to mine are at compared to Traditional vs RIR. Mine is traditional process in EB2.

thanks,

PS: I think, since recruitment is complete, mine will be similar to RIR, but is there another queue for these that anyone is aware of ??

I believe that the TR cases that made it to the regional, are no different than RIR. There are a few approvals for these type of cases. Since yours is a TR and it cleared the state, you may ask your employer's attorney about converting this case to RIR. I am sure you will get a clear answer then.

- My 2 cents.