Still in line .....seems like forever..

ATL DOL RIR EB3
PD : March 5 2003
RD : June 2003
45-days Letter: March, 2005
PBEC Case # : P-05012-*

Last edited by a moderator:
mvinays said:
I feel Philly BEC has been doing an awesome job for the past three months or so. If they continue at this pace, I feel PBEC approvals will outnumber DBEC approvals in the near future. :)

not that i am complaining but what caused the change of pace at PBEC? i hope they will go back to the cases they skipped in their random pick adn choose strategy. :confused:

Garfield said:
not that i am complaining but what caused the change of pace at PBEC? i hope they will go back to the cases they skipped in their random pick adn choose strategy. :confused:

We know that PBEC has been randomly skipping cases from 2001 and early 2002 and moving forward with approvals in late 2002. Here are the "theories" that try to explain PBEC's behavior. PBEC may have assigned cases from various date ranges to different processing analysts. Some of these analysts may be working on cases filed in later part of 2002 and they probably are the "more productive" analysts. Also, the analysts who have been assigned cases from 2001 and early 2002 may be over-worked or may be enjoying summer vacation or may have misplaced the cases/boxes or even messed up the sort order of the case files, which is why we see sporadic approvals now and then for 2001 and early 2002 cases. Also, it seems from our tracker that cases are being processed by State and hence we see different date ranges of cases being approved for cases filed from different States. PBEC has probably organized groups of analysts based on State and based on RIR/TR case type. Overall, the good news is that, in the recent months, PBEC appears to be strictly committed to increasing the pace of adjudication of all earlier filed cases in 2001 and 2002. The current trend appears to be very promising and I encourage all PBEC victims to continue to be hopeful.

Best of luck!!

Latest Tracker Update

I just updated the tracker. Please download it and kindly verify your information. Please post in this thread if you notice any errors in data entry.
I have not gone through the DBEC threads to scan for update/approvals. I have relied on the BEC Priotity Date Tracker and the PBEC Approval Thread, and PBEC thread.

PBEC
tdiesel updated
MannyD updated (Certified)
pbec-sucks updated
mekha updated (Certified)
GC_Dec2002 updated (Certified)
post2abhi added (Certified)
JustWatching updated (Certified)
Maduraikaran added (Certified)
vibes12345 added (Certified)
BEC_Watcher updated
npgc added (Certified)
karioka updated (Certified)
rollingstone updated (Certified)
prince123 added (Certified)
philly2004 added
rir2002 added
rc_waiting_game added
dsraghu added (Certified)
formosa added (Certified)
triniti updated
shamestx updated
dickcheney added (Certified)
labor69 added (Certified)
orissa updated (Certified)
atyagi73 updated (Certified)
DZDOL updated (Certified)
arln updated (Certified)
NMRA-friend added (Certified)
gcgcusa updated (Certified)
dk_123 added (Certified)
njwait-murthy added (Certified)
vk6565-murthy added (Certified)
Bala-murhty added (Certified)
sanash-murthy added (Certified)
sonnysam-murthy added (Certified)
liaoguoxf updated (Certified)
altug added (Certified)
AnandNJ added (Certified)
HA-1 updated (Certified)
BarneySha-spouse added
Gcdreamzz added
agtmc2ae added (Certified)
sanjosekim updated (Certified)

DBEC
Waitingon45 updated
kvrr added
usvar updated
gmpm updated (Certified)
labordrags updated
GCby2050 updated
bitu72 updated
avididy added
pastDBEC added (Certified)
sai2 added
Rahi khan added
IN2US added
Hellous added
labor_2004 added
gsram updated (Certified)
molly520 added (Certified)
Fula149 added (Certified)
SeattleGC added
mss_gc added
siragiri added (Certified)
sea211 updated (Certified)

Thanks a ton to all who are contributing to this effort !

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Labor Certified

I can't believe that I am writing this good news to this forum.
My application for employment is CERTIFIED. The date on the letter is June 20 and we received it today on June 30.

Thank to all of you for your support and insights.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIR-EB2-Chicago IL

D-05201-3xxxx
Priority Date:October 13,2004
45 DL Received:May 06, 2006
Labor Certified: June 20, 2006

Chicago_Blues:

Congratulations! Good luck to you for the remainder of GC process.

Good to know that DBEC is adjudicating cases faster. Can you please let us know your certifying officer and date when you replied to the 45day letter?

chicago_blues said:
I can't believe that I am writing this good news to this forum.
My application for employment is CERTIFIED. The date on the letter is June 20 and we received it today on June 30.

Thank to all of you for your support and insights.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIR-EB2-Chicago IL

D-05201-3xxxx
Priority Date:October 13,2004
45 DL Received:May 06, 2006
Labor Certified: June 20, 2006

I read this from murthy.com :

Philadelphia BPC Continues with 2001 and 2002 Cases
©MurthyDotCom
The Philadelphia BPC, as before, is keeping more to a First-In/First-Out (FIFO) system. The cases that were approved had priority dates ranging from mid 2001 to late 2002. There was a case with a later priority date approved, but that was a special-handling case. Special-handling cases are for faculty members or other instructors who teach at institutions of higher education, like universities or colleges. Thus, it appears that the Philadelphia BPC, at least in this instance, is identifying and approving special handling cases before the regular LC or RIR cases. The recent LC approvals that we received from the Philadelphia BPC originated from Georgia, New Jersey, New York, and Maryland.

mvinays said:
We know that PBEC has been randomly skipping cases from 2001 and early 2002 and moving forward with approvals in late 2002. Here are the "theories" that try to explain PBEC's behavior. PBEC may have assigned cases from various date ranges to different processing analysts. Some of these analysts may be working on cases filed in later part of 2002 and they probably are the "more productive" analysts. Also, the analysts who have been assigned cases from 2001 and early 2002 may be over-worked or may be enjoying summer vacation or may have misplaced the cases/boxes or even messed up the sort order of the case files, which is why we see sporadic approvals now and then for 2001 and early 2002 cases. Also, it seems from our tracker that cases are being processed by State and hence we see different date ranges of cases being approved for cases filed from different States. PBEC has probably organized groups of analysts based on State and based on RIR/TR case type. Overall, the good news is that, in the recent months, PBEC appears to be strictly committed to increasing the pace of adjudication of all earlier filed cases in 2001 and 2002. The current trend appears to be very promising and I encourage all PBEC victims to continue to be hopeful.

Best of luck!!

The certifying officer's name is Jenny Elser.
I know that my lawyer replied to the 45 day letter after May 17 since that is the date we received it. However I am not sure exactly on which date she replied.

Good luck to you all again!

First1 said:
Chicago_Blues:

Congratulations! Good luck to you for the remainder of GC process.

Good to know that DBEC is adjudicating cases faster. Can you please let us know your certifying officer and date when you replied to the 45day letter?

Thanks man! Have a great weekend!

chicago_blues said:
The certifying officer's name is Jenny Elser.
I know that my lawyer replied to the 45 day letter after May 17 since that is the date we received it. However I am not sure exactly on which date she replied.

Good luck to you all again!

Thanks MDwatch for the update.

I am trying to read the Approval Trends Data. Can somebody please explain to me what the number and the percentage mean?

Also wanted to confirm that the data for User0225, UserDP, UserKS & UserBS is up to date. All these cases are in Dallas BEC.

Today is June 30th, the day by which all 45 day letters should have been out by. Obviously we are far far away from there. I just dread to think what is going to happen in Sept 07 when the funding for BEC gets over and there would be 100k plus cases still waiting to be certified.

45 day letter submitted

My lawyer sent me a mail saying that she is submitting 45 day letter today to Dept of Labor. What will be next? I tryied to call my lawyer today but could not get her.

FINALLY got my application back from DBEC

Just got a call from my lawyer, they received my application back from Dallas BEC.

Hang on everyone, seems like things are starting to move!

Almost forgot - could someone please:)-)) point me to the right forum here or tell me about next steps (e.g. concurrect 140 and 485)? I don't trust my lawyer and would like to learn more before I meet him (...imagine that I educated him about new Premium Processing Service...)

Here are my details:
PD - Dec 2004
SWA - ILL
45 day letter received - mid May 2006
45 day letter replied - next day
Approval Date - not sure, have not seen paperwork yet

what's your filing status? EB2 or EB3, RIR or NON-RIR?
Thanks.

mamtegodosc said:
Just got a call from my lawyer, they received my application back from Dallas BEC.

Hang on everyone, seems like things are starting to move!

Almost forgot - could someone please:)-)) point me to the right forum here or tell me about next steps (e.g. concurrect 140 and 485)? I don't trust my lawyer and would like to learn more before I meet him (...imagine that I educated him about new Premium Processing Service...)

Here are my details:
PD - Dec 2004
SWA - ILL
45 day letter received - mid May 2006
45 day letter replied - next day
Approval Date - not sure, have not seen paperwork yet

so_depressed said:
what's your filing status? EB2 or EB3, RIR or NON-RIR?
Thanks.

"so_depressed" thank you for your reply. as crazy as it sounds I don't really know. I hold 4 year degree in Comp Science with 2 years of professional experience at the time of filing.

I am sorry if this question is repeated, I replied the 45 day letter over a month ago, am I suppose to have an ETA number or case number? (the labor hasn't been approved yet). If yes, who will provide it to me? Thanks.

additional info

shanti1 said:
I am sorry if this question is repeated, I replied the 45 day letter over a month ago, am I suppose to have an ETA number or case number? (the labor hasn't been approved yet). If yes, who will provide it to me? Thanks.
U shud have asked for a screen shot from DBEC. from that u will know the case number.One thing i never relied on the lawyer .Becoz he never told me when he got 45 day letter .i came to know from DBEC screen shot i asked for.So i think its always better if we have some important info ourselves than lawyer giving us. they will take forever or never give.Good luck. Chances are u will get your approval in 2 months max.

Thanks for your answer, chocolate, three months ago I sent DBEC an email (following advice from this forum) requesting them my case number (that should be the screen shot, isn't it?), they replied was that they only provide it to lawyers, then I asked my lawyer, he said that the case number assignment happens when labor is approved and not before, so what can I do? Thank you so much!

shanti1 said:
Thanks for your answer, chocolate, three months ago I sent DBEC an email (following advice from this forum) requesting them my case number (that should be the screen shot, isn't it?), they replied was that they only provide it to lawyers, then I asked my lawyer, he said that the case number assignment happens when labor is approved and not before, so what can I do? Thank you so much!
I assume you used your personal email address(yahoo/hotmail/gmail etc..). Try sending the email from your work id.