BEC Priority Date Tracker

Well, don't be so frustrated, this is a simple supply and demand logic. It's not like this country can do without us. They need us, even now, actually more now, than during the boom. Cause we are the ones who have survived, more experienced and are actively contributing to this country's economy and success. But as long as we are unorganized we will continue to be exploited. We always have the option of going back to India, if US simply just stops giving our GC, that would be ok. We can at least plan for it. With this hope of GC and eventual freedom and stability, we can't take the decision of going back. WE keep waiting and keep suffering. And writing to Rajiv is not going to make any difference. No offense to Rajiv but the the fact is noone will understand our plight till we actually raise our voices. You vent out ur frustration and a few other frustrated souls read ur post, and that's it. Do u think ur DOL/BEC/(whatever they call it) is reading the posts? I hope they do, cause if they are trying to let me tell them this, that despite not having GC, I have survived the worst of years of economy here, I am making more money than them and have been more successful than them. if they do not give me GC fine, I will just go back to India and take some more jobs/$$ with me. One case won't hurt them but this policy will eventually hurt them. If they think they are going to reject my application for writing this, send me a msg and I will be upto that challenge.
Noone from DOL is reading these posts, they have better forums to go to (sports, gossips, dating, celebrity, tv).
If we stay divided we will be exploited, if we want to do something, we need to be organized, how about call a strike for a week/day? collect some money and sue DOL. That would make some people to take notice of us.

Received 45 days letter

Just Watching,

I am in the tracker. My employer received the 45 days letter on March 24. They responded by fax the same day ( I got to know this yesterday). But I am worried because there was a lack of coordination between my employer and the attorney. The attorney told me that she hasn't received the letter yet (she has different address from the employer). I asked her if it would be OK to sent the letter by Fedex or DHL, and she told me NO, because this would delay the process???
Any idea what does this mean? It's that OK if I sent the letter by courier. My employer is willing to do that.

Days_go_by said:
Well, don't be so frustrated, this is a simple supply and demand logic. It's not like this country can do without us. They need us, even now, actually more now, than during the boom. Cause we are the ones who have survived, more experienced and are actively contributing to this country's economy and success. But as long as we are unorganized we will continue to be exploited. We always have the option of going back to India, if US simply just stops giving our GC, that would be ok. We can at least plan for it. With this hope of GC and eventual freedom and stability, we can't take the decision of going back. WE keep waiting and keep suffering. And writing to Rajiv is not going to make any difference. No offense to Rajiv but the the fact is noone will understand our plight till we actually raise our voices. You vent out ur frustration and a few other frustrated souls read ur post, and that's it. Do u think ur DOL/BEC/(whatever they call it) is reading the posts? I hope they do, cause if they are trying to let me tell them this, that despite not having GC, I have survived the worst of years of economy here, I am making more money than them and have been more successful than them. if they do not give me GC fine, I will just go back to India and take some more jobs/$$ with me. One case won't hurt them but this policy will eventually hurt them. If they think they are going to reject my application for writing this, send me a msg and I will be upto that challenge.
Noone from DOL is reading these posts, they have better forums to go to (sports, gossips, dating, celebrity, tv).
If we stay divided we will be exploited, if we want to do something, we need to be organized, how about call a strike for a week/day? collect some money and sue DOL. That would make some people to take notice of us.

You are right on the money. If they tell us that they can't give GC to anyone anymore, I bet everybody will be happy (I guess more than half of use will be happier than geting GC). Its uncertainity thats killing me. They still want to exploit us, but now without GC. We are in worse condition than illegal immigrants. Atleast they have nothing to loose from where they came in. If I had to go back after 5 years of uncertainity then I will make fool of myself.
I had rather go now than after 2 years.

I guess immigration lawyers will loose our business if we all get GC soon, so I can understand why Rajiv, Murthy or Cyrus doesn't care about DOL tyranny.

Last edited by a moderator:
STATE SWA---- California
EB2 or EB3---- EB2
RIR or Regular---- RIR
PD - Priority date---- Aug. 2002
RD - Regional receipt date ---- July. 2003
Regional DOL ---- SF DOL
New BEC Case no. ---- D-043xx-xxxxx
45-day letter Date received---- YES Feb. 2005

Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with USCISisMockery. I am all in to sue DOL. I really don't care at this point what the decision is. I sometimes feel corporate American paid DOL to stop labor processing after USCIS started concurrent filing of 140 and 485 (allowing employees to switch companies). With people waiting for labor certifications for 4-5 years, allows companies to get work at a low cost. Sometimes I feel it is better to be an illegal immigrant than to be a legal, educated, hard working “alien” paying social security and medicare taxes for stupid Americans. I mean Philly Regional office seems to have done no work since July 2003. And why do they have to send out 45-day letters? I am assuming by the time they are done, they will have to send out 15-day letters and then 3-day letters and finally all cases will be closed since no applicant’s attorney replied. I have been waiting for last 3 years waiting for green card while I see people getting GC in 4 months using pre-approved labors from Indian companies. I am amazed how US was able to send (assuming it wasn’t a hoax) man on moon when they have people sitting in USCIS who can’t even count. I guess NASA must have hired bunch of immigrants waiting for their green card!

Man on the Moon

sb41 said:
I am amazed how US was able to send (assuming it wasn’t a hoax) man on moon when they have people sitting in USCIS who can’t even count.

I totally sympathize with your frustration. Waiting for years is horrible, but I think the worst part about this system is the lack of transparency.

I would like to add this: some of you will eventually get your GC's and go on to get US citizenship. That's when you will have some real power -- and obligation -- to make changes to this government.

N.

Here is my info

State SF California
EB2
RIR
PD Sep 18 2002
RD Aug 12 2003
BEC # D 04320-XXXXX
45 day letter received Feb 4 2005

Pd?

I do not know my PD; is the Date of Acceptance for Processing the PD? Someone can help to answer my Q? Thanks?
oanacn said:
Please update my info

45 days letter received 04/07/2005

PERM-EB2 with US Master's Degree

Given the not-a-lot-of-hope situation at BPC currently, I was wondering what everyone here thinks about filing PERM EB2 case with US Master's degree, even at the cost of losing PD? What are the chances of success after initial technical problems with PERM system gets resolved? (Initial rejections we heard under PERM are for sure due to some technical glitch which should be resolved at some point)

EB2 not yet retrogressed, it might be worth taking this chance instead of waiting for 2 more years under BPC (u never know the economy and if we would have same jobs for next 2 years)

Anyone with thoughts on this, one way or other, please share opinions.

Days_go_by said:

Agree with you in some part, Stike is not the Way to go.....They will declare you Potential terrorists and throw u in dungeons(wont be able to make it back to your country of Origin). Need to Protest Peacefully (I am not a Gandhian though). Someone should stepup.

oh, i didn't mean "strike" in the violent sense , I meant we all taking time off for a week. that is peaceful protest. Just non-cooperation.

days_go_by,

Please visit immigrationportal.org, the site is currently down, but we have started collecting money. There are several class action law suits filed by Rajiv Khanna for the organization. Yeah, law suits are the only way to go.

Updated Tracker

mvatx - added
saltoma -updated
triniti - added
xdzzh - added
nsk77 - added
oanacn - updated
gbroder - added

NOTE

For those of you that are closely watching the tracker. I updated additional records that had received 45-day letters and deleted a few records of people with very outdated records.

I won't be adding 7th year extension as requested. Sorry. Two reasons - it has no impact on processing of LCs and I'm already tracking enough things. Hope you understand.

NEW DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no.
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Missed information

JustWatching,
Sorry, I forgot to give ETA #: P-05013-xxxxx and my case is RIR.
Thanks.

please add my info

SWA: WA
EB2
RIR
PD - 08/08/2003
RD - "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL- SFO
45-day letter Date received: No