BEC Priority Date Tracker

IT looks like there is no use of just fighting on retrogression alone you have to raise the voice against FBI Name check delays which is also taking 1 - 3 years.

Issues:
a) Labor BEC - 3 years
b) I 140 - 2 weeks to 1 year
c) Retrogression - Typically will stop you and you might have to wait for 6 months to 3 years
d) New thing - FBI Name check (under 485) is taking around 1 - 3 years

Update on cases status

Hi guys,

Here is the update on the status of cases in DBEC. Look into the excel for details.
Average number of certified cases per week - 664. Denied per week - 17.2. Withdrawn - 115. But it looks like there were not too many cases withdrawn last week.
There was one case with "APPEAL" status, it is "IN PROCESS" now.

With the current pace of approvals/denials/withdrawals it will take ~74 more weeks to clear the backlog.

The last week was short one, so we need to take that into account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things

Please bear in mind that non-rir cases which are not being worked on currently are also included in this research. So, IMHO, it doesn't really mean its going to be ~74weeks.

Also, this dataset only inlcudes DBEC and not PBEC cases.

roma77 said:
Hi guys,

Here is the update on the status of cases in DBEC. Look into the excel for details.
Average number of certified cases per week - 664. Denied per week - 17.2. Withdrawn - 115. But it looks like there were not too many cases withdrawn last week.
There was one case with "APPEAL" status, it is "IN PROCESS" now.

With the current pace of approvals/denials/withdrawals it will take ~74 more weeks to clear the backlog.

The last week was short one, so we need to take that into account.

coolmaro said:
Please bear in mind that non-rir cases which are not being worked on currently are also included in this research. So, IMHO, it doesn't really mean its going to be ~74weeks.

Also, this dataset only inlcudes DBEC and not PBEC cases.

Well, so far that's the most accurate measure we have. And as I said - if they keep the current pace they will be done in approximately 74 weeks (that's year and a half - behind the date they have in mind).

I am working on adding PBEC, may be I'll start getting statistics from PBEC next week.

can't wait for PBEC stats

roma77 said:
Well, so far that's the most accurate measure we have. And as I said - if they keep the current pace they will be done in approximately 74 weeks (that's year and a half - behind the date they have in mind).

I am working on adding PBEC, may be I'll start getting statistics from PBEC next week.

We can't wait for stats on PBEC. I am looking forward to that.
Thanks for considering doing it and I hope your gets approved soon, hopefully mine too.

Certified! At last!

Just checked my online status and it says it has been certified! Please update status on spreadsheet.

SonnyR
Indiana RIR
D-05178-85XX
Certified: Nov. XX, 2006

Ok, guys, I queried for Philly data:

Code:
APPEAL		17	 0.01
CERTIFIED	40421	25.5
CLOSED		30483	19.2
DATA REVIEW	2086	 1.3
DENIED		1757	 1.1
IN PROCESS	72541	45.8
WITHDRAWN	11247	 7.1
		158552 100.0%

As you can see they have more non-certified cases then Dallas ~40% vs ~47% .
DBEC has 10% withdrawn vs 7% in Philly - we will see the dynamics of that. Let's see how it comes out next week, it will be interesting to compare Dallas and Philly numbers.

Roman

Great Job

roma77 said:
Ok, guys, I queried for Philly data:

Code:
APPEAL		17	 0.01
CERTIFIED	40421	25.5
CLOSED		30483	19.2
DATA REVIEW	2086	 1.3
DENIED		1757	 1.1
IN PROCESS	72541	45.8
WITHDRAWN	11247	 7.1
		158552 100.0%

As you can see they have more non-certified cases then Dallas ~40% vs ~47% .
DBEC has 10% withdrawn vs 7% in Philly - we will see the dynamics of that. Let's see how it comes out next week, it will be interesting to compare Dallas and Philly numbers.

Roman

Great Job. Looks like Phily has long way to go.

Thanks Roma77

Thank you for the great work, it is good to see the results and lets hope they pick up pace on approvals next week.
Thank you for your efforts.

Question for roma77

roma77,
I was wondering how you 'created' all the possible case numbers in your program. Did you use 05001 through 05365? I kind of remember seeing somebody with case number 04XXX, not sure about the possibility of 06XXX, though.

Bottomline is that you've done a wonderful job. Ask this question to get better idea on how accurate the number of total cases are there in BECs.

Thanks again for your great effort.

roma77 said:
thanks, guys.
Let's hope they will pick up the pace, they have a lot of work to do.

my case start with 06

so_depressed said:
roma77,
I was wondering how you 'created' all the possible case numbers in your program. Did you use 05001 through 05365? I kind of remember seeing somebody with case number 04XXX, not sure about the possibility of 06XXX, though.

Bottomline is that you've done a wonderful job. Ask this question to get better idea on how accurate the number of total cases are there in BECs.

Please see my details below, my case number starts with P-06088-XXXXX

so_depressed said:
roma77,

Well, I looked at the spreadsheet we have already with the cases reported to get an idea about when cases where entered. They started entering cases in the middle of 2004. They pretty much entered all the cases by the end of 2006.

There were some cases in 2006 but not too many - may be a thousand or so.
I basically went through 1/2 od 2004, whole 2005 and some of the 2006 (first 10 days and days from 70 to 90).
Here is how I did the initial population:
I developed an algorithm where I go through cases one by one. If there are no legitimate cases in a hundred steps I start going through 100 cases at a time. I stop at every thousand cases and check for 20 next cases (they don't go in order, so I needed to come up with this elaborate scheme :) ).
I cheked the results visually - I sometimes miss 50 or so cases at the begining of the day, but I think I get most of them. 158 thousand for PBEC seems like a right number to me.

NYC2001 said:
Please see my details below, my case number starts with P-06088-XXXXX

Yes, I saw that and I did a query on those numbers. There were not too many cases entered in 2006 - they probably found one or two missing boxes or something like that. They didn't do any case entering from the late 2005 to the 88th day of 2006.

should i consider myself lucky?

roma77 said:
Yes, I saw that and I did a query on those numbers. There were not too many cases entered in 2006 - they probably found one or two missing boxes or something like that. They didn't do any case entering from the late 2005 to the 88th day of 2006.

I am only glad they found the box that had my case, I just wish I would see some progress on it, 5 & 1/2 years can be a testing wait.

roma77 said:
Well, I looked at the spreadsheet we have already with the cases reported to get an idea about when cases where entered. They started entering cases in the middle of 2004. They pretty much entered all the cases by the end of 2006.

There were some cases in 2006 but not too many - may be a thousand or so.
I basically went through 1/2 od 2004, whole 2005 and some of the 2006 (first 10 days and days from 70 to 90).
Here is how I did the initial population:
I developed an algorithm where I go through cases one by one. If there are no legitimate cases in a hundred steps I start going through 100 cases at a time. I stop at every thousand cases and check for 20 next cases (they don't go in order, so I needed to come up with this elaborate scheme :) ).
I cheked the results visually - I sometimes miss 50 or so cases at the begining of the day, but I think I get most of them. 158 thousand for PBEC seems like a right number to me.

That was awesome.

Certified, Please update

My online status just changed to "Certified" this afternoon. I checked in the morning and it's still "In Process". Please update my information in the tracker. Thank you.

Wish all guys here good luck. I pray for you all.

BECguy said:
My online status just changed to "Certified" this afternoon. I checked in the morning and it's still "In Process". Please update my information in the tracker. Thank you.

Wish all guys here good luck. I pray for you all.
Congratulations and good luck for future stages ! If possible please tell us more info. Was it remanded case ? If yes, was it approved without recruitment instruction ? Also are you sure it was RIR in BEC ?

Certified :) Please update tracker

Just found out that after 3.5 years my LC was finally certified :) . Thank you everybody for all the support.

Good luck to everybody.

Latest BEC Tracker update

All:

Attached is the zipped version of the latest tracker. the source of the information are: PBEC and DBEC threads, this thread, LC Approval from PBEC - new thread.

Please go through your info in the tracker and post in this thread for necessary modifications.

PBEC
ssp123 added x(Certified)
ganeshpra added
GoodLuck4GC added
Gcwhereareyou added
katrina17 updated x(Certified)
va-12-04's_wife added x(Certified)
dreamer123 updated x(Certified)
NYLabor2002 added x(Certified)
PALC added
PCC262 added x(Certified)
CAMar2003 added
nks_fl added x(Certified)
phenix added x(Certified)
srsin added
naa_GC_ekkada added x(Certified)
mark001 added x(Certified)
vijay421201 added x(Certified)
indsen added
caleblee updated x(Certified)
vchip75 added x(Certified)
GPra updated x(Certified)
yann updated x(Certified)
caltonraphael added x(Certified)
prabca added x(Certified)
philla001 updated x(Certified)
NY24May04 updated x(Certified)
ramana_pasula updated x(Certified)
2002MayPD added x(Certified)
alisca updated x(Certified)

DBEC
BECguy updated x(Certified)
sonnyr updated x(Certified)
iihome updated x(Certified)
RajWaitingonLCA updated x(Certified)
waitingInHope updated x(Certified)
ravishankar_b added x(Certified)
jackwang added
DBEC_Labor_Pain added
ryogesh added

WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date

RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Last edited by a moderator: