BEC Priority Date Tracker

please update, letter received

dzh1234

Registered User Join Date: Jul 2004

45-day letter received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My attorney just told me, my 45-day letter received.
Case#: p-04323-0****
45-day letter: 3/3/06

Seems to be working

ckf said:
Hello, everyone,

*** THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION***

I would like to share with you about my discovery. I’m pretty sure this is how it works. You can estimate your approval date using the method I about to tell you (If you already know, please pardon me for repost, sorry). Thanks to everyone who provided their info in the tracker. That was how I saw a pattern. Here goes,

Excellent analysis which seems to be the process being followed by DBEC.

I checked the tracker for the cases with the box number (ETA #) same as mine and found that there are 5 cases (3 RIR and 2 Non-RIR including mine). All the 3 RIR cases have been approved with an approval date ranging from Oct-05 to Jan-06.

For the 2 Non-RIR cases (including mine) the 45-days letter have been received but not approved.

Does this mean all the Non-RIR cases in that particular box have been kept pending or they are working on these cases and I can expect approval soon?

Thanks in advance for your response.

I would suspect one box per at least two officers. one responsible for RIR and one for Regular. Whichever finish first, he/she will help the other. Just my guess.

You see, RIR case is more than Regular, but Regular need more attention than RIR.

mvinays, my labor is not yet approved. My colleague's labor got approved . We have the same PD. Can you please update the tracker? Thanks for all your efforts man, I really appreciate it.

Not always

ckf said:
Hello, everyone,

I would like to share with you about my discovery. I’m pretty sure this is how it works. You can estimate your approval date using the method I about to tell you (If you already know, please pardon me for repost, sorry). Thanks to everyone who provided their info in the tracker. That was how I saw a pattern. Here goes,

First, forget about which state you’re from, because it is irrelevant. Second, identify the second portion of your ETA case number (located between the two dashes). This number started with either 04XXX or 05XXX. All cases with the same number are stored inside the same box. I called it box number.

In my opinion, the concept of first come first served is within one (1) box. They tried to certify the case based on the PD of that “particular box”. I believe each box has the same (or close) quantity of cases. Each officer grabs one box to work on until finish. Now, check the tracker and find your box number (if available); and see if there is any approved case. If so, you are 50% closer, you shall hear from them pretty soon, unless something is wrong.

If you don’t see your box number, it doesn’t mean that your box is not open yet. It just means “may be”. However, if you see a few or a lot of people with the same box number but not a single case being approved, the chances are your box is still sitting there - UNOPEN.

To estimate your time, compare your case with others under the same category – RIR or Regular, with the same box number. RIR and Regular go different line. Then, find out when you replied your 45 days letter (receive letter date is not that important, it just tells you your case is sitting on the “45 days” tray.). The officer will continues processing your case after he/she received the letter. Some people replied fast and some slow. If info unavailable in the tracker, make reasonable assumption. Conservatively, assume one month is used to process two month PD, ie. March process PD from May and June, 04. and so on.

Tips:
1. If two cases with different PD and but the DOL received the letters pretty much the same time (within 1.5 months / 45 days range). The PD plays an important role. First come first served. (Note that small difference in PD is acceptable).
2. If two cases with different PD and but the DOL received the second letter more than two months after the first letter. Then, the “DOL received date” will be the key factor. That could be the reason why you saw some approved case with the new/latest PD. If you haven’t received the letter, “patient” is all I can say.
3. If two cases with the same PD, needless to say, the “DOL received date” will be the primary factor.

Other factors, such as the processing speed and skill of the officer(s) are very important. If he takes vacation or sick for a week, that mean the box is untouched. If your case take longer than 3 months of your predicted date, then, something is not right, either your side or their side.

Each box number contains different range of PD. When we saw some approved with PD June, 04 (latest), don’t get too excited. Check your box number first. If the number same, then you can start plan your celebration, unless accident happens, such as paper work incorrect or the officer is absence.

That’s all. Again, this is strictly my personal view. :)

Though the analysis is almost right; but does not work always. See my signature. If BECs have followed this way, what they call it as "FIFO" or whatever, I would have approved 6 months ago. They pretty much do random or they leave the cases and move forward if they think the papers are incomplete or something similar. The reason I am kind of leaning towards later is, when I contacted my congressman, someone from DBEC called my lawyer and asked for my certs and experience background. This also means that, my lawyer did not attach my certs in first place; so BECs are looking for the cases which are complete to process. I know beneficiery's certs are not needed for LC, but why they would ask for it? Anyway, on my congressional request BEC responded that my case is "Not Current and in Que".

Last edited by a moderator:
ckf said:
Hello, everyone,

First, forget about which state you’re from, because it is irrelevant. Second, identify the second portion of your ETA case number (located between the two dashes). This number started with either 04XXX or 05XXX. All cases with the same number are stored inside the same box. I called it box number.

In my opinion, the concept of first come first served is within one (1) box. They tried to certify the case based on the PD of that “particular box”. I believe each box has the same (or close) quantity of cases. Each officer grabs one box to work on until finish. Now, check the tracker and find your box number (if available); and see if there is any approved case. If so, you are 50% closer, you shall hear from them pretty soon, unless something is wrong.

If you don’t see your box number, it doesn’t mean that your box is not open yet. It just means “may be”. However, if you see a few or a lot of people with the same box number but not a single case being approved, the chances are your box is still sitting there - UNOPEN.

To estimate your time, compare your case with others under the same category – RIR or Regular, with the same box number. RIR and Regular go different line. Then, find out when you replied your 45 days letter (receive letter date is not that important, it just tells you your case is sitting on the “45 days” tray.). The officer will continues processing your case after he/she received the letter. Some people replied fast and some slow. If info unavailable in the tracker, make reasonable assumption. Conservatively, assume one month is used to process two month PD, ie. March process PD from May and June, 04. and so on.

Tips:
1. If two cases with different PD and but the DOL received the letters pretty much the same time (within 1.5 months / 45 days range). The PD plays an important role. First come first served. (Note that small difference in PD is acceptable).
2. If two cases with different PD and but the DOL received the second letter more than two months after the first letter. Then, the “DOL received date” will be the key factor. That could be the reason why you saw some approved case with the new/latest PD. If you haven’t received the letter, “patient” is all I can say.
3. If two cases with the same PD, needless to say, the “DOL received date” will be the primary factor.

Other factors, such as the processing speed and skill of the officer(s) are very important. If he takes vacation or sick for a week, that mean the box is untouched. If your case take longer than 3 months of your predicted date, then, something is not right, either your side or their side.

Each box number contains different range of PD. When we saw some approved with PD June, 04 (latest), don’t get too excited. Check your box number first. If the number same, then you can start plan your celebration, unless accident happens, such as paper work incorrect or the officer is absence.

That’s all. Again, this is strictly my personal view. :)

The Box number you refer to is the Case Received Date at the BEC, first 2 digits are the year, next 3 are the number of days.

for example my case number is D-04320-xxxxx

D - Dallas
04 - 2004
320th day of the year - 15th November

This was the date my case was keyed in the system.

If you have a screen shot, then try it yourself.

The question is what do the last 5 digits mean?...system generated? a serial number? file location? perhaps more than one piece of imformation.

Either way, FIFO isn't being maintatined either by PD date, 45 day letter responded date, RIR, State/Regional, or EB2/EB3 !

That's exactly true on my case too

Pegasus503 said:
The Box number you refer to is the Case Received Date at the BEC, first 2 digits are the year, next 3 are the number of days.

D - Dallas
04 - 2004

The question is what do the last 5 digits mean?...system generated? a serial number? file location? perhaps more than one piece of imformation.

Either way, FIFO isn't being maintatined either by PD date, 45 day letter responded date, RIR, State/Regional, or EB2/EB3 !

My Screen shot also says that my case received date is 11-15-2004 by DBEC. And my ETA # is D-04320-0xxxx. Your analysis is right. Thanks for bringing this to our attention here.

Pegasus503 said:

D - Dallas
04 - 2004

Not wanting to totally discount your idea because any thought is a good one; but realise that the date of the 45 day letter would be sometime after the initial registration date referenced in the case number. In my case my 45 day letter was sent out 4 months after it was entered into the BEC system.

BEC expected to reduce the case load my lack of responses to the 45 day letter, therefore they would not begin processing until the 45 day response was returned.

I feel that the more likely date of significance is the date your 45 day response was acknowledged by BEC. Meaning once they had a reply, then they decide to proceed with the application.

How they are sorted after that point I don't know.

The sadest part of all is the lack of communication from BEC. There are so many things we would all know if they were more open.

Here's what my lawyer told me when I asked if they recived my 45 day letter.
"No, we have not received your 45 day letter yet. We are still getting them from late 2003 and early 2004. DOL has recently stated that they will complete the adjudication of the backlog cases by 9/30/07"

MI. RIR. PD 7/04
No 45 d letter

Please update my case in Tracker

Please update my case in Tracker:

BEC Letter Received: March 8, 2005
BEC Letter Replied: March 10, 2005
Case Status: Letter Received

Everything else is correct. Still waiting ...

-- ypg12242003

mvinays said:
I just updated the tracker. Please download it and kindly verify your information. Please post in this thread if you notice any errors in data entry.

Chicago 08/2004

Hi,

I am visiting this forum after almost an year. Cannot believe that people are so active here! I am starting to get worried abt my labor case pending at the Dallas BEC.

My case details are:
Priority Date: Aug 16th 2004
Filed at: Illinois Foreign Labor Certification Unit

I don't think my case passed the state level, so it was pending at state level when it went to the BEC. No 45-day letter yet. I don't know what to expect now. I know ppl who have got their 45-day letter around a similar priority date.

When I spoke to my lawyer about filing a new PERM case, she says that there is no point. The retrogression is pretty much rendering it useless right now.

Anyone knows what is the expectation from Dallas BEC and what my best options are here?

Hi guys

My eta is P-05143-3xxxx, There are many people with those same # some were aproved 5 months ago some of them just received the 45 letter like GCbeliever and me . Doesnt seem to me that there is any relation with those # and the day you will get approved. Any coments?

djurisicb said:
Hi guys

My eta is P-05143-3xxxx, There are many people with those same # some were aproved 5 months ago some of them just received the 45 letter like GCbeliever and me . Doesnt seem to me that there is any relation with those # and the day you will get approved. Any coments?

As mentioned on Friday the reference number just indicates the date your case was entered into the system

P = Philly
05 = 2005
143 = 143th day = 23rd May

I believe that the date BEC receives your response to the 45 day letter is far more significant.

Pegasus503 said:
As mentioned on Friday the reference number just indicates the date your case was entered into the system

P = Philly
05 = 2005
143 = 143th day = 23rd May

I believe that the date BEC receives your response to the 45 day letter is far more significant.

MD Nov 2001 approval from PBEC

MD Nov 2001 Approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSG from hangu

LC approved after 4.5 Years

State : MD
Application date : Nov 01, 2001
Regional date: feb 06, 2004
BEC letter date: Dec 30, 2004
Letter reply: Jan 10, 2004
RIR (EB3 Iguess)

NY Apr 2002 approval from PBEC

6th March 2006, 07:27 PM
vlongwait
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2006