BEC Priority Date Tracker

Pl correct my info - id is nylabor

Justwatching,

Please correct my info in the excel sheet and let me know. Thanks for all your hardwork...

Line # in the excel sheet it 606
User Name : nylabor
SWA Date PD : 01-Mar-04
DOL RD : 17-Oct-04 (Went to Regional)
SWA : Illionois
EB2 or EB3 : EB3
RIR or Regular : RIR
Transferred from : Chicago DOL
BPC Letter Rcvd : 07-Feb-05
ETA # : D-05005-XXXXX

Thanks

JustWatching said:
Philly BPC
Highope – updated (CERTIFIED)
Labor Oct 2001 – updated (CERTIFIED)
Nomorepatience-friend – added (CERTIFIED)
Mykan – updated
T_p99 – added (CERTIFIED)
Maliklongwait – updated (CERTIFIED)
VAHoper – updated (CERTIFIED)
Epidural – updated
Zeifa – updated (CERTIFIED)
Pal_1 – updated (CERTIFIED)
IcaNY – added
Always_missing – updated
Werner – updated
Nylc4yr – added
Karioka – updated
Gc_ky123 – added
Dhimant – added
Getmoving - added
Sangadi – added
NY-H1B – added
Husker-friend – added
Factfinder – already in tracker
bigL – updated
CA-PD-2002-06 – added
Sanjosekim – added
DOL_Ka_Shikar – added
NJ31may02-friend – added (CERTIFIED)
NJ31may02 – added
StressTestInUSA – updated
Boston28 – added
Dingo123 – added
Captain_Sparrow – updated
Katrina17 – added
Dallas BPC
Karr – updated
Xyz_123 – added (CERTIFIED)
KVSPKumar – added (CERTIFIED)
RL_MI – added
Erto – added (CERTIFIED) – someone please research.
WW_S1974 – added (CERTIFIED)
Interchip54 – updated (CERTIFIED)
Ohio_boy – added
Mikuraj – added
RaySharp – added
GCWudBeHere – updated (CERTIFIED)
Mjee – updated (CERTIFIED)
Brito123 – added
Funeky_dude - updated

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received
IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

gth999 said:
since I had a query at the state level I was under the impression that my case is delayed but now I see other cases with state queries being approved. The other thing that I can think of is 45 days reply date. I replied on 17 April 2005 and I see that cases with 45days replied in April with PD around Sep 2003 are stuck.
If you can think of any other reason please let us know.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1332825&postcount=2396
above case gave me some hope.
details are : USER : interchip54
MI
RIR - EB2
PD=5/28/03
RD=8/30/04
45 Day Letter= 3/29/05
LC Status= Approved 12/19/05

so it looks like they are picking up old left out cases and he must have replied in April. If my assumption is correct we should be getting our approvals in 1 month.
let us hope for the best.

Thanks for info gth999

I never got a reply from BEC regarding my screen shot even after 8 weeks of sending an e-mail.
Now I don't have that e-mail address anymore as I moved to a diff project , so even if they would have replied I don't have access to it.

can some one post the e-mail address where we need to send the request and the format of the e-mail to get the screenshot.

Also , how long is it taking before I get a reply from them.

coolmaro said:
haes75,

As far as I know (fellows would correct me if I'm wrong), T stands for Temporary. After you receive and reply to 45-day letter, BEC that holds your case will change it from 'T' to either 'P' for Philly or 'D' for Dallas. Check the tracker to see that all the 45-day letter recepients have either D or P in their case numbers and the others have T.

So the case number is changed to P or D after they receive your reply to the 45 day letter? I thought it changed to D or P after they complete data entry and issue 45 day letter.

It may not seem a big deal to many but for soem of us who are still waiting for 45 day letter, a change in case number after issue of 45 day letter can raise a flag, so that we keep a lookout for 45 day letter. but if it is changed after reply is received by BEC, then it doesn't help much.

anyone care to comment? thanks.

Garfield said:
So the case number is changed to P or D after they receive your reply to the 45 day letter? I thought it changed to D or P after they complete data entry and issue 45 day letter.

It may not seem a big deal to many but for soem of us who are still waiting for 45 day letter, a change in case number after issue of 45 day letter can raise a flag, so that we keep a lookout for 45 day letter. but if it is changed after reply is received by BEC, then it doesn't help much.

anyone care to comment? thanks.

Based on watching a few thousand cases....I would say the following statements are true:

A T-case absolutely means no 45-day letter.
A P or D case does not mean a 45-day letter is on its way.

A bit of speculation on my part:

A case turns to P or D once the data from the paper application has been data entered.
There is at least some preliminary analysis that occurs before shipping the 45-day letter. This assumption on my part is based on the fact that 45-day letters include queries beyond just data elements.
Once this preliminary analysis is done the 45-day letter is issued.

Under this scenario, cases switch to P or D and them time could pass until the preliminary analysis is done. How long, who knows.

sleepless_in_IN said:
According to this report (below) am I incorrect in interpreting that EB3 category filing (I-485 stage) will not progress past April 2001 in the next 16 years [(345K+275K)/(28% of 140K) = ~16years] in the worst case scenario?

Does it mean that EB3 cut off date it does not depend on country but on the total number of EB3 waiting in line first (then on country)? Meaning right now in year 2006 lets say the quota for country "X" is not used up - but that doesn't matter since cut off is placed by USIS at April 2001 based on total number of EB3 applications pending at thier center regardless of country?

Because there are so many 245i cases; people who filed after April 2001 will have to wait until all the 245i people have applied for I-485 (maybe excluding India, China, Mexico and Phillipines)?

Is there any way to find out how many 245i cases are pending in the "other" country category?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"quoted from immigration-law.com"
Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases.. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 345,000 plus their dependants of estimated 250,000 - 275,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously.

Some facts:

Retrogression is set at the country level with the employment visa category. So to answer your question: no what you are saying is not correct.

About your worst case scenario:

There are/were about 345,000 cases in the BPCs:

~60,000 cases were Regional. I doubt more than 10,000 were April 2001 cases or earlier.

NY receives approximately 12,000 cases per year. So for 2002 - 2005 we are looking at about 40,000 cases.
California is in a similar place if not more, so let's say 40,000 cases for 2002 - 2005.
NY is typically 15-20% of the volume in any given year.
So if we assume NY and California are 30-40% of any given year then the rest of the states would have about 120,000 cases for 2002-2005.

That leaves us with about 85,000 cases unaccounted for. Let's say they are all 245i cases.

Denial rates for 245i cases are higher than non-245i cases, about 30%. So out of BPC we would get about 56,000 cases.

Plus their dependents (using the same ratio as the total numbers you describe) ~40,000, for a total of 96,000 visa numbers.

Let's say they are all EB-3 (they could really be any category) at 28% of 140,000 = ~39,000. We are looking at less than 3 years. Now this is inaccurate because as I mentioned there are quotas by country and we don't know what countries the 245i cases are coming from.

Also remember that if EB-1 is not used up EB-3 can use them which is typically the case.

DISCLAIMER: There are a lot of assumptions on my part. If any of you disagree, that's fine. If you think I'm crazy you are probably right. I will be happy to answer constructive questions, all others I will graciously ignore.

Hope that helps.

JustWatching said:
Some facts:

Retrogression is set at the country level with the employment visa category. So to answer your question: no what you are saying is not correct.

About your worst case scenario:

There are/were about 345,000 cases in the BPCs:

~60,000 cases were Regional. I doubt more than 10,000 were April 2001 cases or earlier.

NY receives approximately 12,000 cases per year. So for 2002 - 2005 we are looking at about 40,000 cases.
California is in a similar place if not more, so let's say 40,000 cases for 2002 - 2005.
NY is typically 15-20% of the volume in any given year.
So if we assume NY and California are 30-40% of any given year then the rest of the states would have about 120,000 cases for 2002-2005.

That leaves us with about 85,000 cases unaccounted for. Let's say they are all 245i cases.

Denial rates for 245i cases are higher than non-245i cases, about 30%. So out of BPC we would get about 56,000 cases.

Plus their dependents (using the same ratio as the total numbers you describe) ~40,000, for a total of 96,000 visa numbers.

Let's say they are all EB-3 (they could really be any category) at 28% of 140,000 = ~39,000. We are looking at less than 3 years. Now this is inaccurate because as I mentioned there are quotas by country and we don't know what countries the 245i cases are coming from.

Also remember that if EB-1 is not used up EB-3 can use them which is typically the case.

DISCLAIMER: There are a lot of assumptions on my part. If any of you disagree, that's fine. If you think I'm crazy you are probably right. I will be happy to answer constructive questions, all others I will graciously ignore.

Hope that helps.
do you think there are lot of illegal indians who applied as 245(i) cases. I heard that 245(i) cases are converting illegals to legal status. Is it true ?

sleepless_in_IN said:
What about those people in the 245i category that have labor and/or have I-140 approved and are waiting to apply - are those the 10K of Regiona Apps you talk of?

Not too many of those, retrogression didn't start impacting 245i cases until June 2005. Prior to that dates were more recent than April 2001.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Also your 12K/year estimate for NY and CA-- would that be true of 2002-2005? Weren't those years economically bad ones that followed 9/11?

I am actually using stats from 2002/2003.

sleepless_in_IN said:
I don't get the "quota by country" theory and would appreciate clarification. I know CH/IN/PH/MX seem to use of the 7%. Yet "other country" category is still retrogressed - why? Doesn't that mean there are so many applications that even if your country did not use up it's 7% thsi year you still can't apply? If the quota ruled, other counrties should be able to apply. I am sure there are many countries that never use up 7% - yet they cannot apply - see what I mean?

The 7% rule means that no one country can take more than 7% but you are NOT guaranteed at least 7%. If you are in the other country category you are lumped together with all the other countries. If as a whole they use up all the visa numbers retrogression takes place.

sleepless_in_IN said:
If you look at the EB3 cut off date it's 22 April 2001. It is said that the majority of the applications in 245i category were applied for in the last week of April 2001. That scares me. So does 3 MORE years wait just to become eligible to appply for the I-485 stage.

As I said there is a flaw in the 3 year estimate. For example, if 50% of 245i cases were for people from India (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE) then it would take years and years for them to get a visa number but would then shorten the wait time for the "Other Countries" category to a year or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
gth999 said:
do you think there are lot of illegal indians who applied as 245(i) cases. I heard that 245(i) cases are converting illegals to legal status. Is it true ?

I have no idea. If 245i cases were applied in similar ratios to non-245i cases then probably yes.

By region, these were the 245i case loads in Jan 2002:

San Francisco - 62,950
New York - 59,523
Atlanta - 27,209
Philadelphia - 26,230
Boston - 18,205
Dallas - 17,198
Chicago - 16,503

Make some assumptions of the ethnicities that settle down in those areas.

Updated Tracker

Philly BPC
LC_HOPE – updated
Abhikp – added
StarSpangledGC – added
LiveinNewYork – added
Stewart_Rogers - added
Dallas BPC
Vfast – added
Neweaster – added
Nylabor – updated
Univermployee – updated (CERTIFIED)
Paduraj55 – added (CERTIFIED)
Anu.sonti - added

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received
IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Just Watching Please Update My Info

Voyager_99
NJ EB3 RIR
PD: 06/25/02
NO TRANSFER
Case No: P: 05143-XX733
45 day letter received 09/09/05
not approved yet.

Thanks

Please add my info to tracker.

PD 12/29/2003