BEC NOF cases

I140/485 concurrent filing

Hi Chitchat and others,

Is the concurrent filing of 140 and 485 still existing?
My PD is current from NOV 1st 2006. My I 140 is pending.
Now can I file 485/ead/ap as my PD is current or should we have to wait till I140 is approved?

Any idea? Has anybody applied concurrently and succeded atleast with AP or EAD?

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

tks in advance :confused:

Hi Stunpad,

As your PD is current you can file 485 also..... goodluck..

one clarification :Now I got a NOF on prevaling Wage . Can you share exactly what NOF you got from BEC..2 months back ... thanks

Nof

Hi VFAST,

Simple NOF.. my offered salary in ETA750 is less than the prevailing wage for the stated post, and level of expertise. They suggested a number which is $40k morethan offered salary. As I was waiting for this for long.... (I am in 10thyear of H1)... I have made my company to say " yes" to the number they asked.

Or the alternative they suggested was submit... a survay of wages why my company offered so low salary... in 2002. The cost of survay, and the time one spent in collecting them plus... DOL understanding the logic.. it would cost me again one more year. So I have rebutted what ever they asked... and got it approved.

hope this would help in some way.

Re: NOF - Please Help

Finally I got a NOF . Apparently the one which was sent on Aug 17th was never recienved and finally they sent out a new one on Oct 5.

I got a NOF because the DOL believes that the requirements for this position (MS +2 yrs or Bachelors + 5) is too restrictive. They think the requirements are too high and that we are making it difficult for U.S. workers to qualify.

Is this a common NOF.

My legal department is planning to send a business need for the position and the resumes of people who held the same position.

Any idea if this is a common NOF and are there other ways of dealing with it.

Concurrent Filing of I-140 AND 485

stunpad said:
Hi Chitchat and others,

Is the concurrent filing of 140 and 485 still existing?
My PD is current from NOV 1st 2006. My I 140 is pending.
Now can I file 485/ead/ap as my PD is current or should we have to wait till I140 is approved?

Any idea? Has anybody applied concurrently and succeded atleast with AP or EAD?

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

tks in advance :confused:

Hi Stunpad:
Here are my responses to your questions:

Yes, as far as I know concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 is still available.

Since your PD is current you should be able to file for I-485, EAD and AP. I don't think you need an approved I-140 to file for I-485.

Hope this helps.

Chitchat

Re: Nof

nk01 said:
Hello,
My friend recently received NOF on his CA MAR 2003 RIR application.
The NOF says : excessive requirements
DOL says SVP7 should be BE+2 years and it was BE+8 in his case.

Any one who got a similar notice. If yes, can you please share some information or pointers ?

NK01 ,
What did your friend do to reply to the NOF you mentioned ?

hi Stunpad,
Can you provide more information on your NOF. coz I feel our situations are very similar. I got NOF on July 18th. for salary which should be $420 higher than my current salary. and my company agreed that amount immediately and sent corrected ETA750 form back on Aug. 3rd. My status was "data review" since then until end of sept. After that, it is "in process" until now.

Could you please give me more information how did you do to let them clear NOF within a month. Do I need to call somewhere?

Thank you very much!

dansworth

I140 rfe

Hi Dansworth,

No i didnt make any calls.... simply changed the ETA750.. column number 12 with new salary... and said we understand that if dol decides on readvertising we will do so..... ( though its a suicidal hint... but my lawyer insisted)

Dont be so happy for me .... my 140 got rejected today.....

all the best for you and all....
I think my 10years of long journey in USA will come to an end soon by selling property and other stuff.....

tks

140 rfe

what is the RFE for? Is it related to your LC nof?
thanks,

stunpad said:
Hi Dansworth,

No i didnt make any calls.... simply changed the ETA750.. column number 12 with new salary... and said we understand that if dol decides on readvertising we will do so..... ( though its a suicidal hint... but my lawyer insisted)

Dont be so happy for me .... my 140 got rejected today.....

all the best for you and all....
I think my 10years of long journey in USA will come to an end soon by selling property and other stuff.....

tks

today I saw the magic word "certified" on-line

Hi all,
this morning, I saw my case is certified now. I am so happy now.
Generally it took over two months for them to clear my NOF (Aug.3rd-Oct. 17th)
Overall, it took over two years for my LC journey (Priority date: july 4th 2004, 45-day: Apr. 19th 2006, NOF: July 18th 2006, Certified: Oct. 17th 2006).

Thank you all for the information! See you all in I-140, I-485 board.

Best wishes,

dansworth

Validity of LC after I140 denial

Hello everyone....

My I140 got rejected based on mismatch of education in ETA750 of approved LC.

Can my employer use the same LC for someone with right qualifications of experience and education? or LC is a waste?

Please advise.... :) tks in advance

Hi stunpad,

I am so sorry to hear that after such a long wait. Have you talked to lawyer about filling PERM or file an appeal to it. Talk to lawyer about education evaluation. You can find more information on 140 thread. Wish you all the best.

Vagcwaiting

I140 denial

Hi VAGCWaiting,

Thanks for your conscern.... to be frank I didnt given up hopes.... on refiling I140.. or PERM again. As this is not my first failure with immigration.

Case 1. I140 cleared.... company closed
Case 2. LC cleared... company used it for somebody else without my notice
Case 3. I140 denied.....

I am in 10th year of H1.... So u can expect my level of rescent and how I became Bhishmacharya.... in these matters.

Thanks again for your support.

:rolleyes:

Received NOF-Intent to deny

I received a NOF on the 23rd of October from PBEC saying that my indicated experience was gained with the same company and hence cannot be used to qualify me for the job. This was done inspite of my company sending details of the position I gained my experience in (Engg II) and differences between my applied position (Engg III). After reading through this thread I did not see any case that compared with mine. Can anyone out there offer any words of wisdom. My lawyer has suggested premium processing of H1-B for 7th year extension before she replies to the NOF.

VA-EB2-RIR
PD-Jan 2003
RD Oct 2004
6 yrs H1-B expires Feb-2007

NOF -Minimum Job Requirements

Hello Guys,

Didn't realise there was an exclusive thread for this. Add me to the list. This morning got the dreaded NOF letter from PBEC. The job requirements stated BS+3 yrs experience or MS + 1. I got my MS here in the US. I had about 9 months of experience working full time for a company before joining the current job. I also had about 3 years as a research associate (part-time) in the exact same field during my MS. The NOF states that this experience does not count as it is not a full time job. It seems silly that I cant use the skills gained during this period.

Any ideas out there about part time employment being used for job experience. I was hoping that 2 yrs part time would equate to 1 year full time. The other option is to change requirements to MS + 0 which seems risky
as it might have to be readvertised.

Thanks

PD: Jan 2003 RIR NY state EB2

NOF with 3 questions

Hello all:

I received a NOF yesterday.
I would like to have your comments to prepare for rebut.
It will tough for me to cover my HR manager and lawyer's mistakes.
However, I will do my best to convince the certifying officer.
Could you give me some of your thoughts to build the logic?
Thanks for your help.

The NOF showed that we had 3 violation from the regulation.

1. 4 Month delayed to contact the candidates:
Ex HR manager didn't do good job to contact the candidates.
It took 4 months to contact the candidates.
Such a delay was excessive and did not demonstrate a good faith of recuritment effort.

2. Advance degree without concentration:
We rejected a candidate had same backgroud but didn't have financial analysis background. We didn't specified in the advertisement the major.

3. Prewailing averge:
We posted $ 75K which is lower than prewailing average.

RIR PA : PD May 2003, RD SEP 2003. received 45 days letter DEC 2004, replied JAN 2005

NOF (What does this NOF mean?)

One of my friends got the following NOF and he is not sure what this means. If any of you guys got the same NOF, can you suggest on the action items for the rebuttal? Any help would be appreciated

Detail of Findings

This notice of findings is issued because the employment conditions described would adversely affect the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers similarly employed, and/or because you have failed to comply with Federal regulations governing the labor certification process for the permanent employment of aliens in the U.S. at Title 20 CFR 656.

656.21(a) Except as otherwise provided by 656.21a and 656.22, an employer who desires to apply for a labor certification on behalf of an alien shall file, signed by hand and in duplicate, a Department of Labor Application for Alien Employment Cerfitification form and any attachments required by this Part with local Job Service office servicing the area where the alien proposes to be employed.

656.21(a)(1) The employer shall set forth on the Application for Alien Employment Certification form, as appropriate, or in attachments: a statement of the qualifications of the alien, signed by the alien; and

656.21(a)(2) The employer shall set forth on the Application for Alien Employment Certification form, as appropriate, or in attachments a description of the job offer for the alien employment, including the items required by paragraph (b) of this section.

The ETA 750, Part A indicates the petitioning employer is recruiting for a Programmer Analyst in location A, State B. The DOL requires all the Applications for Alien Employment Certification be submitted in duplicate. A review of the case file reveals the absence of 2 original copies of the form ETA 750, Parts A & B. In order to continue this application, the employer will need to submit 2 original copies of the ETA 750, Parts A & B. The ETA 750, Parts A & B, must contain original and appropriate signatures in the appropriate spaces. Photocopied signatures are unacceptable.

A copy of the Form 750, Parts A & B, has been returned in the event any changes are necessary. The amended copies must be returned with your resubmission. Any amendments mad to the ETA 750, Part A, must be initialed and dated by the employer; and any amendments made to the ETA 750, Part B, must be initialed and dated by the alien, as appropriate.

It is the employer's responsibility to submit rebuttal evidence in a timely manner directly to the Certifying Officer.

WellWisher007 said:
One of my friends got the following NOF and he is not sure what this means. If any of you guys got the same NOF, can you suggest on the action items for the rebuttal? Any help would be appreciated

Detail of Findings

This notice of findings is issued because the employment conditions described would adversely affect the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers similarly employed, and/or because you have failed to comply with Federal regulations governing the labor certification process for the permanent employment of aliens in the U.S. at Title 20 CFR 656.

656.21(a) Except as otherwise provided by 656.21a and 656.22, an employer who desires to apply for a labor certification on behalf of an alien shall file, signed by hand and in duplicate, a Department of Labor Application for Alien Employment Cerfitification form and any attachments required by this Part with local Job Service office servicing the area where the alien proposes to be employed.

656.21(a)(1) The employer shall set forth on the Application for Alien Employment Certification form, as appropriate, or in attachments: a statement of the qualifications of the alien, signed by the alien; and

656.21(a)(2) The employer shall set forth on the Application for Alien Employment Certification form, as appropriate, or in attachments a description of the job offer for the alien employment, including the items required by paragraph (b) of this section.

The ETA 750, Part A indicates the petitioning employer is recruiting for a Programmer Analyst in location A, State B. The DOL requires all the Applications for Alien Employment Certification be submitted in duplicate. A review of the case file reveals the absence of 2 original copies of the form ETA 750, Parts A & B. In order to continue this application, the employer will need to submit 2 original copies of the ETA 750, Parts A & B. The ETA 750, Parts A & B, must contain original and appropriate signatures in the appropriate spaces. Photocopied signatures are unacceptable.

A copy of the Form 750, Parts A & B, has been returned in the event any changes are necessary. The amended copies must be returned with your resubmission. Any amendments mad to the ETA 750, Part A, must be initialed and dated by the employer; and any amendments made to the ETA 750, Part B, must be initialed and dated by the alien, as appropriate.

It is the employer's responsibility to submit rebuttal evidence in a timely manner directly to the Certifying Officer.

Only Last paragraph is related to your case. other paragraphs are standard . In your case I think if you submit your Original 750 A & B through attorney that should be fine.. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
online status - CERTIFIED NJ AUG 2002 RIR EB2

Mine online status shows CERTIFIED after more than 4 years.I had a NOF requesting more info on recruitment which was replied October 20th.

Hope i receive my documents ASAP.

P-05132-10xxx

thanks,

NJINN

Hi njinn,

Can you tell what exactly was your NOF and how/what did your attorney/employer replied? I think I may be in the same boat, I haven't received the NOF though.... Thanks for you reply.

njinn said:
Mine online status shows CERTIFIED after more than 4 years.I had a NOF requesting more info on recruitment which was replied October 20th.

Hope i receive my documents ASAP.

P-05132-10xxx

thanks,

NJINN