Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Can someone confirm that if we go for FP at CIS office in Baltimore that we might we offered the Civic test the same day?

Thank you.
I went to Baltimore for fingerprinting and they offered me the civic test right on the spot. I was in a hurry and I did not take one. What they told me that they will give a booklet to prepare. You can take your own time and write the test. if you fail - you will be given another chance during final interview. If you pass you are done, you dont have to take civic test during interview. Civic test questions are silly anyone can answer. So if they offer go for it.

I went to Baltimore for fingerprinting and they offered me the civic test right on the spot. I was in a hurry and I did not take one. What they told me that they will give a booklet to prepare. You can take your own time and write the test. if you fail - you will be given another chance during final interview. If you pass you are done, you dont have to take civic test during interview. Civic test questions are silly anyone can answer. So if they offer go for it.

Thanks for the info. MY FP appointment is @3pm and I just don't want to loose another day going to the CIS office for the Civic test.

A friend of mine, her priority date was May 18, 2007. About last week she recieved an interview letter scheduled January 23, 2008. My priority date is June 11, 2007. So those of us May and June applicants there is light at the end of the tunnel ha:)

Thank you for the information lulu12. April PD - had lot of IL posts, but May PD seems to be very quiet. Your post gives some hope.

Odd Oath time

Had my interview on 12/11 2.40pm
Got the oath letter yesterday. OD 12/27 at 11.00AM. I have never seen 11.00 AM for oath ceremenony. Is this not unusual?

Also, I just take the oath letter and GC to the oath ceremony. Anything else to take?

Got the oath letter yesterday. OD 12/27 at 11.00AM. I have never seen 11.00 AM for oath ceremenony. Is this not unusual?

Also, I just take the oath letter and GC to the oath ceremony. Anything else to take?

Nothing else required unless you've traveled overseas between interview & oath, then you may need to show your passport.

11AM is I believe a little unusual, but maybe thats due to the holiday period.

I should get OD yesterday after 13th interview ...when will I get it? This week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing else required unless you've traveled overseas between interview & oath, then you may need to show your passport.

11AM is I believe a little unusual, but maybe thats due to the holiday period.

You should take your passport with you to the oat ceremony regardless of whether you traveled out of the country since the interview or not. At my oat ceremony, earlier this year, they asked for and checked everyone's passport, without regard to any travels.

Online status

Online status does still not disappear after intervew..
Still not get any oath letter in 14 days after interview..

Got worry in depth..Pls Help!

Online status does still not disappear after intervew..
Still not get any oath letter in 14 days after interview..

Got worry in depth..Pls Help!

none replys that...forgot it..

regreted to have bought a flight ticket this mid Jan.

My N-400 RD was June 22nd '07. I got my Interview letter yesterday for ID as FEB 26 2008. so you should be receiving it soon

Scarface,

I have interview scheduled for feb 26. Can you please pass me some info on your interview.. how it went ? what all questions they asked etc ???? please...
howz parking in baltimore ? is it easy to find the building ?

thanks much !
RM

Hello RM_72756

Interview was just a review of the application. I took lot of additional documentation, but nothing was asked. The officer asked the questions at the application again, to make sure that the answers provided are still valid. I forgot to mention one of the traffic citations when I submitted the application, which was not a big deal becaus I paid the fine.

The building is just opposite to the FP building. Plenty of parking.

The officer made a note of the traffic ticket on the application. I did not get the same day oath because (my guess) the interview was at 2.40. The officer gave a letter with "RECOmmended for approval" checked. I got the oath letter after a week and took oath on 12/27.

No Interview letter yet

Friends,

I didn't get my Interview letter yet (PD 19-Jun-2007) and one of friend who
applied after me got the interview letter yesterday and what could be the reason on my case ?

Thanks

Friends,

I didn't get my Interview letter yet (PD 19-Jun-2007) and one of friend who
applied after me got the interview letter yesterday and what could be the reason on my case ?

Thanks

People applied in July getting interviews in Baltimore ? Wow I hope I do not have to wait for long.

It is good to know that Baltimore DO moving fast. I applied in last week of October 2007. I received Finger Print Notice today. I am happy to share the same with others. Please see my signature for dates.

I am wondering is anyone done finger printing at CIS BALTIMORE (100 s. Charles street) off late. If so, would you please let me know:
1. Did you take civics test on the same day? Is it allowed or not?
2. Where did you park? I am looking for any near by parking garages.

Thanks for help

How to request for same day oath for me and spouse

Hello,

I have oath scheduled for 2morrow and my wife for next week.

Is there way to call or otherway to request to have same day...without risking long delay in oath.

If my wife accompanies me 2morrow can Baltimore folks be requested to accomodate her?

Thanks in advance for advice.

It is good to know that Baltimore DO moving fast. I applied in last week of October 2007. I received Finger Print Notice today. I am happy to share the same with others. Please see my signature for dates.

I am wondering is anyone done finger printing at CIS BALTIMORE (100 s. Charles street) off late. If so, would you please let me know:

1. Did you take civics test on the same day? Is it allowed or not?

2. Where did you park? I am looking for any near by parking garages.

Thanks for help

My wife was not offered the civics test the same day. We were told its not an option. Her FP was scheduled at 3pm.

When you turn at Hanover St. there is a parking garage on the right side. Fee is $10 for two hours, $6 for 1 hour.

Last edited by a moderator: