Baltimore N-400 Timeline

March 2007 PD

I also have a priority date from March'07 and I'm waiting for an IL.

PD 03/28/2007
FP 04/19/2007
IL ?

Eryes, Ali Bilal, Vij2006,
Has your online case status disappeared? Have you received your interview letters?
Thanks.

Nope & Nope.

My P.D is 03/28/2007 and F.P was done on 04/19/2007. Similar to other people here...and still waiting for my I.L.

My Check finally cashed yesterday....I feel better now!

07/26/07: Mailed N400
07/28/07: Delivered 5:19PM
08/27/07: Check cashed

I am also still waiting on my IL. PD was March 13, 2007

_____

WIFE
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
03/16/07 Mail Delivered (USPS Tracking)
03/19/07 N-400 Received (USCIS Online Status)
03/20/07 Bank Check Cleared
04/02/07 Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt
04/11/07 FP

ME
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
03/16/07 Mail Delivered (USPS Tracking)
03/19/07 N-400 Received (USCIS Online Status)
03/20/07 Bank Check Cleared
04/11/07 FP & Written Civics Test

My Notice date is July-9th and I gave fingerprint date is 8/17/2006. However my online case status says ..

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 17, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I dont know which date is July-17th ? Is it normal. Does Online status includes 'fingerprint Completed' ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked the online status but can't retreive the data anymore. It was there yesterday. Does it mean that they've mailed the IL already?

Anybody here with a Feb, March, or April PD check to see if the see the same results.

WIFE
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
03/16/07 Mail Delivered (based on USPS Tracking)
03/19/07 N-400 Received (based on USCIS Online Status)
03/20/07 Bank Check Cleared (based on Bank's website)
04/05/07 Fingerprint Notice Received
04/11/07 Fingerprint Date (passed civics test)
... waiting on IL

ME
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
... waiting on IL

mine is still there :(... but my PD is 03/26 a week after yours... so hopefully I should see it disappear within a week..

Interview results

My wife had an interview today in Baltimore DO and got a paper (N-652, Naturalization Interview Results) with check marks at:
_x_You will be given another opportunity to be tested on your ability to _x_speak/_x_read/_x_write _x_ English.
_x_You will be given another opportunity to be tested on your knowledge of U.S. history and government.

In Feb after the fingerprints she passed the history exam but failed the English exam, the paper about this result was taken by officer and wasn't returned to her (and I didn't make a copy of that paper).
At the beginning of interview the officer started to ask her again the questions on history/government, then she was asked to read a sentence, then write a sentence. Then officer started to ask questions on N-400 form and in the middle of it stopped the interview and gave her the N-652 paper.

My wife's English is rather basic and she was so despair she couldn't get any explanations from the officer.

Besides the English lessons, what other choices do we have? She was told that some other information will come by mail.

On the next interview can she be accompanied by me or anybody else?

Thx!

Unfortunately the applicant has to be able to answer the IOs questions in English throughout the interview. There is no scope for having an interpreter or 3rd party to help things along. (The only possible exception would be for older candidates meeting certain age and residence limits.)

Your wife will get a second opportunity for the interview, and if that is not successful, will be denied and have to apply again once her English improves.

Got the interview letter today

My PD was March 21st and Finger Printed on April 9th I think.

My Interview date is Oct 31 (wed).

I am wondering what would happen if I am to change the date? Since I will be starting a new job on the 8th, taking a day off wont look good for me. Anyone know?

Anyone know how long the interview process will be? It might be better if I only take half a day off.

Thanks so much!

My Interview date is Oct 31 (wed).

I am wondering what would happen if I am to change the date? Since I will be starting a new job on the 8th, taking a day off wont look good for me. Anyone know?

Anyone know how long the interview process will be? It might be better if I only take half a day off.

The interview only lasts 10-15 minutes, but if you have a morning appointment, you stand a good probability of being invited to attend the 3pm oath ceremony (assuming your case is approved). The only catch to be aware of is that you may end up waiting a couple of hours before being called to interview. All depends how busy they are.

As far as rescheduling goes - don't do it unless it's a genuine emergency. Any time you reschedule, you risk your case dropping into a black hole. Probably a minimum 3 months delay or longer.

The actual rescheduling process is pretty easy. Simply write to the DO, explain the problem and enclose your appointment letter. When they feel like it, they will send you a new appointment.

Resceduling Question

My wife and I went to the Baltimore field office and asked if rescheduling her interview would be a problem as we were going on a cruise with several family members and would not be in the country for the interview. We were told no it was not a problem, but it would take 90 days to be rescheduled. So we agreed to apply for rescheduling. That was back in April, her original interview date was May 8, 2007 and her priority date is November 3, 2006. My question is does USCIS have a time limit on how long they have to reschedule her? We went to Baltimore office using an infopass in August because the 90 days had passed and were told that Vermont had to reschedule and the only info they had said it was pending. Any information regarding rescheduled interviews would be greatly appreciated.

Online Status Disappearing

what does online status disappearing indicate ?

I'm not really sure what the disappearance of the online case status means. But it seems that most of the experiences of the people in this forum show that the IL arrives very shortly after. I am sure whether this always happens.

WIFE
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
09/19/07 Online Status Disappears
... waiting on IL

ME
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
09/19/07 Online Status Disappears
... waiting on IL

thanks for the reply boatbod and maryland2006. I will definately not change the date. I am going at 8am and on the letter it says dont be there more than 30 min early, so I will try to get there by 7:20am just in case. Hopefully I can take the oath on the same day as well.

My wife and I went to the Baltimore field office and asked if rescheduling her interview would be a problem as we were going on a cruise with several family members and would not be in the country for the interview. We were told no it was not a problem, but it would take 90 days to be rescheduled. So we agreed to apply for rescheduling. That was back in April, her original interview date was May 8, 2007 and her priority date is November 3, 2006. My question is does USCIS have a time limit on how long they have to reschedule her? We went to Baltimore office using an infopass in August because the 90 days had passed and were told that Vermont had to reschedule and the only info they had said it was pending. Any information regarding rescheduled interviews would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm, not very encouraging. :( Strange as it may sound, interviews are scheduled on behalf of the DOs by the parent service center. Sounds like asking for a new date caused your cases to be dropped onto the bottom of the queue.