Baltimore N-400 Timeline

thank you all for your responses and advises, helps a lot and it is good thing to be prepared!!!!!!!
Now I understand how person B can be called in before person A, even though person A checked in before person B.
Still no news from them dude???? What I was going to ask you is, was your case a straightforward one , or did you have anything that possibly slow decision making process down, like outstanding citation or similar. I know your background check has been completed.Good luck dude!!!
I am sorry to hear that your name check is pending breezyemily.
Will let you know how my interview went next week!
Good luck to all still waiting!
Johnathan

Jonathan
When you go for the interview can you get the scoop about the traffic ticket issue. Can you ask them(officer) the importance of mentioning it on the forms, as people are confused.

Thanks

breezyemily said:
She also told me on TUes-Thurs. the oath is at 3. On Fri., it's in the morning. I don't know about Mon.

My wife's oath was at 3pm on a Wednesday. I have to go on Monday Jan 30th and my oath letter states that I should arrive promptly at 9am.

kaynags said:
Jonathan
When you go for the interview can you get the scoop about the traffic ticket issue. Can you ask them(officer) the importance of mentioning it on the forms, as people are confused.

Thanks

Read this:
http://www.kansas.com/mld/mercurynews/news/world/12099424.htm

It used to be that they were not interested in traffic violations and said so on the application form. However, apparently some applicants took this to mean that they did not have to mention serious offenses such as DUI/DWI. So the wording was changed and you now have to report all traffic violations including speeding tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
breezyemily said:
I had a 2 pm interview last week for my husband's GC. We went there at 10 thinking that it may be a first come and first serve thing. The lady that takes the appt. letter told us that we won't be seen before 2. I didn't believe her. But it turns out she was right. Many people come after us for GC and had appt. time earlier than ours. They all got called in earlier than we do. And the officer that interviewed us told us the cases are assigned to each of them by a remote office. So 4 people in the same family coming for interviews could end up with different officers, at different time, and even on different dates.

Sorry, Emily, about your name check :((((((
what about your husband? did he get through his interview? did he get his oath?

johnathan said:
thank you all for your responses and advises, helps a lot and it is good thing to be prepared!!!!!!!
Now I understand how person B can be called in before person A, even though person A checked in before person B.
Still no news from them dude???? What I was going to ask you is, was your case a straightforward one , or did you have anything that possibly slow decision making process down, like outstanding citation or similar. I know your background check has been completed.Good luck dude!!!
I am sorry to hear that your name check is pending breezyemily.
Will let you know how my interview went next week!
Good luck to all still waiting!
Johnathan
johnathan,
No news from them yet (smile)... My case is a straight forward one.. based on 5 years of being a permanent resident... The officer seemed happy with my response.. the whole interview was over in about 10 mins... Don't know what is keeping them..
a_dude

le1228 said:
Sorry, Emily, about your name check :((((((
what about your husband? did he get through his interview? did he get his oath?

My husband went for the GC. After interview, case was submitted for verification by a second officer. The officer told us it could take a couple of month depending on their workload.

breezyemily said:
My husband went for the GC. After interview, case was submitted for verification by a second officer. The officer told us it could take a couple of month depending on their workload.
breezyemily,
Sorry for a dumb (potentially) question.. What is GC?

a_dude

a_dude said:
breezyemily,
Sorry for a dumb (potentially) question.. What is GC?

a_dude

There's no such thing as a dumb question - especially when it come to immigration! I believe GC = "Green Card"

hey guys, just bumped in to this forum and great to see how baltimore DO is going. before reading this thread i thaught its taking about one year for n400 process in MD, but i am shocked to see some timelines here,,, 4 to 5 months total? wow.
does it also depend, which part of maryland u live in ? if u live in certain part of MD its fast and certain parts are slower??? can someone shed some light?
I live in anne arundel county which is right next to baltimore. do i fell is fast process area? and which ASC i will go for FP and civic test?

i am planning to file my n400 in couple of days.
One more thing. if someone kindly recommend a lawyer in baltimore area.
thanks so much. this forum is great and i thank you in advance.

Mder
I am not a USC yet but on the way. I donot think any place in MD is faster over the other.

You do not require a lawyer to do the filing, however if you still want one, I can recommend my company lawyer to you.

MDer said:
Looks like everyone in MD is a Citizen.
anyone out there?? Hellowwww
MDer,
TO try and ans. some of ur questions... You apply to the Vermont Sevice Centre (VSC).. and then ur application will move to baltimore Distt. Office(DO). This will happen as a function of where u live (i.e. MD) and is not a matter of choice.
For fingerprinting there is a bunch of offices. USCIS will schedule ur fingerprinting at one that is near ur place of residence.
As far as lawyer is concerned.. most people filing for citizenship choose not to use lawyers (me being one but I am still in process of getting citizenship) but in case u choose to go otherwise then u will have to do due diligence on ur own about it. The two layers whose name keep popping up that I know about are:
1. Sheela Murthy
www. murthy.com

2. Rajiv S. Khanna
http://www.immigration.com/ (they also sponsor this site).

Personally I have not dealt with both of them but should give u a starting point. Hope it helps..

a_dude

Thank you friends for info.

I will start my timeline when i send in my application.
I have found a lawyer in my city, i'l talk to him and i'l have him file my application. I know n400 is not that hard to file and fillup. but after my uncle had bad experiance, i always use attorney for all kinds of immigration inerviews.
Thanx again.

I think having a lawyer at interview is a great idea!!! Even if it costs money.. it will buy some peace of mind..
a_dude

Johnathon,
I think ur interview is tommorrw.. Well just wanted to wish all the best.. let us know how it goes..

a_dude

Thank you indeed!!!!!!!
I will certainly post my experience.
For kaynags :I will ask the immigration officer (hopefully she/he will be willing to answer) if speeding tickets need to be disclosed in N-400.
Thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!

jonathan
checking in at 10.40 pm. I guess and hope you forgot to log in with all the jubiliation and celeberation.

Waiting to hear about your day