Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Baltimore is the fastest. Period.

JohnnyCash said:
Was your green card application granted in a jurisdiction which comes under Vermont Service Center? Otherwise, I've known many people who are still waiting to be called in for their interview even though they have filed their naturalization application in MD more than 9 months ago, and have a very straightforward case. Perhaps, the delay in their application is due to the fact that their alien file lies in other sevice center as they obtained their permanent residency in the jurisdiction other than Vermont. That being said, I'm just trying to figure it out that the reason your case got wrapped up in so short interval of time because your alien file was never out of Vermont Service Center.

Since it has shown lately that MD is finalizing a naturalization case within 4-6 months period, then I wonder why the processing time on USCIS website tells otherwise? That's why, those processing time cannot be relied upon. Also, it proves how inefficient USCIS is when they don't update accurate information about it on their web.

My priority date is in mid November, did my FP 12/31/04 and interview/oath is set for 3/31/05. That's 4 months and change. And my GC was done in TSC. Therefore my view is that N400 delay is probably not due to transfering between SCs.
Bottomline is, if you live in and file in Baltimore DO, there is an excellent chance that you should expect to get your citizenship within 4-6 months at most. Baltimore DO rocks!
Oh, one more thing, everyone should stop reading USCIS website's process time "update". It's absolutely crap. I've learned that long time ago.

uscit01 said:
jzlthssw when were you finger printed? I was finger printed on 01/04/05. Any idea when should I expect to receive interview letter? Your response is appreciated
I'm surprised that you still have not received the interview letter. Read my prior posts about timelines here in Baltimore.

Congratulation to Luna

Interview day is the day everone of us in this forum are waiting for. It opens new doors ( Jobs, Sponsor etc...)
Hey Luna, thanks for your details info about interview.
Good Luck in life and enjoy your freedom.

kaolack said:
Hi to all and Congrats to Lunamoped!,

I can confirm that the weather is bad in Baltimore :<. I had an infopass appoitment at 10:15 am today to inquire about my application. The lady did some searches and she said they were still waiting for my A- file number from
VSC that will get it from the Texas Service Center ( I lived in Miami before moving to Maryland). As soon as VSC receive my A-file, it will be forwarded to Baltimore. I am expecting my interview to happen in April or in May :<. TSC is known to be really slow. I still hope it happens really soon.

Regarding my ex-wife, I do not plan to file for her anymore. I will probably be stuck with her for the next 2 years. She will have to figure it out on her own. Hopefully, by that time I will find somebody else.

I wish the best of luck for all the remaining applicants. I "see" the end of the tunnel for all of us. Keep the spirits high in this forum !

Lunamoped, you will be missed! Keep us informed!

kaolack.

I am glad you are not going to do it for her. If you guys are divorsing that means you can't get along. Move on with your life

"A-FILE" issue and question

Hi to all,

In my most recent post, I explained the reasons why I did not receive my Interview letter. I would appreciate if someone could give me a piece of advice. It seems that I might have to wait for a long time. Anybody in this forum or somebody you know that has been in a similar situation. To recap:

- Lived in Miami from 2000-2004 (Texas Service Center- TSC)
- Live in Silver Springs 2004-Present ( Vermont Service Center- VSC).

"A-file" needs to be transferred from TSC to VSC. Then TSC will forward some instructions or documents to Baltimore district office in order to schedule me for an interview. Does anybody know how long it might take?

I wrote a letter to the VSC to inform them of this situation. Should I also write to the TSC?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Kaolack.

Please Help

I had posed this question before and did not get a reply:

I had sent in my N-400 application on Oct 31, 2004 to the VSC. I was living in alexandria, VA at that time (Arlington DO). I moved to Rockville, MD in mid november and called in a change of address on November 15, 2004 and received a letter confirming the change of address dated Decemvber 9th from USCIS. I still haven't received a FP notice and it has been almost 90 days since the change in address was confirmed. Is this unusual? Is it possible that my app. is still stuck in some virginia que? i am not sure but I think the A-file is not transferred to the local DO till after they schedule the FP. So there is no chance that the file was actually sent to the Arlington DO, right?
Any advice is highly appreciated.

JohnnyCash:
First of all I want to thank you for demystifying the N-400 adjudication process.
I do have one question though:
If what you said is true then how is it that people under certain DO's (arlington to be specific) have to wait upto 6 mos. to get their FP notice whereas others get their FP notices within 30-60 days? is this because in the process of collating all the info on the applicant, the info that is saught from their local DO takes longer to come back to the service center? Or does the service center, knowing that certain DOs are backlogged more than others throttles back the sending of the files to the DO?

Hi, I am about to file N-400. Very good to know that it takes only 4-6 months in Baltimore. According to this time frame, I will get the interview in late July or early August if I file it now. Here comes my problem. I have scheduled to travel outside of the US in late July. Will it be a problem if you travel outside the US after PD? I saw Luna's message mentioned that the interview officer asked him about this. Anyone know if there is any negative impact if you travel outside after PD?

If no problem, I may wait a couple weeks to delay the estimated interview date to late August. Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

fp question

I applied for my N-400 with PD of 2/5/05. I got my receipt last saturday on 2/19/05. according to the experience of some of the other applicants on this forum, what is the expected date i should be getting the fp notice? is there any way to find out from the VSC when I should be getting it or whether it has been mailed out? i'm getting just a bit nervous as if i remember from the posts on the deleted n-400 baltimore forum, people got their fp notice within 3 weeks and fp done by 4th week of PD.

thanks

Time estimate for A-FILE

Hi to all again,

I have a quick question:

Would anybody know how long it would take for an A-file to move from one Service center to another one? For example, from TSC to VSC (my case)?

If you know any previous experience, let me know. It is holding my interview date and it is frustrating.

Thank you.

kaolack

kaolack said:
Hi to all again,

I have a quick question:

Would anybody know how long it would take for an A-file to move from one Service center to another one? For example, from TSC to VSC (my case)?

If you know any previous experience, let me know. It is holding my interview date and it is frustrating.

Thank you.

kaolack
I dont think anyone can say anything about that. If I were you, I don't thing there is anything you can do except for hope and pray for the next two months. I really believe you will get it before the end of March for an interview date of late May. Good luck

kaolack said:
Hi to all again,

I have a quick question:

Thank you.

kaolack
I understand your frustration. I am sure you will receive your IL in March 2005. I have a question for you- Like you, I am also waiting for IL. I was finger printed on 1/4/05. My FP notice says-- I must finger print by 3/29/05 otherwise application will be abandoned. DID YOUR FP NOTICE HAD SIMILAR FP DEADLINE? I really want to know. Will appreciate that!

How Common Is It To Have Fp Deadline On Fp Notice? Anybody Out There Can Response. It Is Very Important For Me To Know! Respones Will Be Appreciated!

uscit01 said:
How Common Is It To Have Fp Deadline On Fp Notice? Anybody Out There Can Response. It Is Very Important For Me To Know! Respones Will Be Appreciated!
USCIT
It is very common to have an FP deadline of the notice. Each notice has to have one, so , what you got is very typical, nothing special about it. I got the same one on my notice.
hope that helps

Anybody out there waiting for IL from Baltimore DO? Folks with fp done around 01/04/2005 may respond. thanks

Next in line

Future-American said:
??????? When is mhdia interview?????
Mhdia should be ahead of me, but he only said his interview was to be at the "end of March." He seemed to be reluctant to divulge the actual date. I have nothing to worry about and my interview will be on 3/31. I'm all ready to go.
Will report when I'm done.