• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Bad News: Bill was passed to end DV Lottery!!

Wow... Ip address? Blocked from winning the lottery? Seriously? Lmfao, IP addresses get changed all the time. It doesn't matter, you and most people weren't selected and are making such a big deal out of it now. Comon... The chances of winning were 1% on average and you know that. Although if it would make you feel better to think it was all mistake that you were not specifically chosen then thats fine. But damn... Bit far fetched don't you think? :p

There were millions of people worldwide who were disappointed for not being selected last Friday. You just have to accept it and move on, I know it's easy for me to say but I did accept it when I realized I didn't get selected for may 1st. I really did not even care to be honest, now look at my outcome lol

Thanks for your opinion. Trust me, I've said it many times that I didn't think the May 1st results would change for millions (including myself)...I have moved on long time....

By the way, congrats on your win as you are one of the 'familiar' Forum member on my list!.

Thanks for your opinion. Trust me, I've said it many times that I didn't think the May 1st results would change for millions (including myself)...I have moved on long time....

By the way, congrats on your win as you are one of the 'familiar' Forum member on my list!.

Thanks but it's just my opinion :p There is always next year and who knows you might get lucky. People over the past decade have accepted their not selected results so I'm sure all you guys can to. People have been playing for years before winning this year, just gotta keep going :p

Thanks but it's just my opinion :p There is always next year and who knows you might get lucky. People over the past decade have accepted their not selected results so I'm sure all you guys can to. People have been playing for years before winning this year, just gotta keep going :p

Thanks again. wishing you a successful and smooth interview......

I believe that they will cancel it sooner than later and might change the laws for legal immigration...at least that is what I hope.

The HS requirement is ridiculous and open for lots of people with hardly any scholing and Countries that fake HS diplomas to get into the Country easily.

To me people who come here should have to add to the economy and not people who come here and write on blogs that they want to enter and leave a.s.a.p. to finish other stuff and to return for a short time and leave again. It is not a traveling visa and meant for people to have a chance for a better life, but not for additional people who require handouts in the future. JMO

I heard China is planning on introducing a DV lottery program and will be giving out 200,000 Red Cards (red card is the equivalent american green card) per year. I think China is going to take over as a Super power in the next 15 years. So folks, don't worry if USA doesn't want us any more, we can go to China. It is just as good (they have KFC, McD, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, etc).

I heard China is planning on introducing a DV lottery program and will be giving out 200,000 Red Cards (red card is the equivalent american green card) per year. I think China is going to take over as a Super power in the next 15 years. So folks, don't worry if USA doesn't want us any more, we can go to China. It is just as good (they have KFC, McD, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, etc).

Cola Homa in Somali region waiting for backup ,Somali black card is waiting for winners :)

Brazil has the silver card (not a joke) for retirees who want to live there...

I really hope they make legal immigration easier instead of the lottery. Some people entered the lottery for over a decade and never won..

win dv, in my case I have DSL dynamic IP which changes frequently...

IP Addresses might change, true enough, but MAC Addresses dont. If you're using the same computer, then your MAC Address wont ever change, unless of course you change your network card.

That aside though, I do feel for those that got the initial winners notification only to have it voided. No doubt thats gotta be crushing for alot of people. Speculating (or starting/following conspiracy theories) about why this all happened probably leads to more stress. But, again I understand that people want answers, so fair enough.

What I do think though is that like several "commenters" have mentioned, the bill does have a long way to go before its eventually passed into law, IF at all it does get passed. It'll be a while yet before the DV Lottery gets cancelled, so I'm thinking maybe at least this year's and possibly next year's DV Lotteries will run. But, thats just my best guess.

Also, i disagree with the person that said people have played for so many years and have never won, so there's something suspect about that. Remember, its a "lottery" so there's never really a guarantee that you'll win the more times you play. If anything, every new year brings more applicants which decreases the chances. People have play the lottery every week of the year hoping to win the jackpot millions - thats 52 entries in a year - and still never win. There is nothing suspect about that, so much less anything suspect about having submitted a DV lottery entry once over several years and not winning.

But do keep your heads up. For as long as the DV Lottery is running, then there's always a possibility of winning.

I wish they cancel the DV Lottery for all and focus on giving residence status to workers and students who have been here for YEARSSSSSS. No offense to those who are playing the lottery but with all the terrorism that the US has to face, this program has to stop now.