Background Checks and Placement in Queue

Vorpal

Registered Users (C)
After receiving my IL last month, I forgot all about my mailing campaign to various political leaders, asking them to inquire why my interview is taking so long to schedule. A few days ago, I received a reply from the FBI NNCP, in response to the letter I sent to the First Lady. The letter stated that the NNCP received a name check request for me on December 9, 2007, which was 3 days after my NOA and FP notice were generated. It goes on to state that my name check was completed and returned to the USCIS on the same day.

I did my FPs on December 26, 2007, and they were also completed and returned to the USCIS on the same day. My application was placed in queue on January 30, 2008. Since an application is placed in queue after the background checks are complete, I can't help but wonder why it was sitting around for a month. Could it be yet another display of typical USCIS inefficiency?

Your FBI name check cleared December 9th, and FPs cleared December 26thw. What about IBIS check? Did you get confirmation from USCIS when the IBIS check cleared?

Your FBI name check cleared December 9th, and FPs cleared December 26thw. What about IBIS check? Did you get confirmation from USCIS when the IBIS check cleared?

I considered the IBIS check for a few seconds, but then quickly discarded that idea. I've read that the IBIS check is initiated at the same time as name check and takes a couple of minutes to return results. It's also done directly from the USCIS computer interface. I doubt that it had anything to do with my application sitting around for a month.

Also, I wonder if this is a typical occurrence?

After receiving my IL last month, I forgot all about my mailing campaign to various political leaders, asking them to inquire why my interview is taking so long to schedule. A few days ago, I received a reply from the FBI NNCP, in response to the letter I sent to the First Lady. The letter stated that the NNCP received a name check request for me on December 9, 2007, which was 3 days after my NOA and FP notice were generated. It goes on to state that my name check was completed and returned to the USCIS on the same day.

I did my FPs on December 26, 2007, and they were also completed and returned to the USCIS on the same day. My application was placed in queue on January 30, 2008. Since an application is placed in queue after the background checks are complete, I can't help but wonder why it was sitting around for a month. Could it be yet another display of typical USCIS inefficiency?

When did you send your letter out? I sent mine about a month ago, I didn't get any reply yet. I don't know if the FL forward my letter to FBI or not.

I've seen and received nothing but conflicting responses when it come to name check and when you're placed in queue for an interview.
In your case, I'm guessing there was a backlog of cases waiting to be updated with the name check information that USCIS received since it seems like a fragmented process (ie:info sent to USCIS>USCIS updates cases>USCIS places case in interview queue).

When did you send your letter out? I sent mine about a month ago, I didn't get any reply yet. I don't know if the FL forward my letter to FBI or not.

I received acknowledgements from every politician I contacted (including Dick Cheney), but nothing from the First Lady's office. I read in other posts that some people didn't receive anything after contacting FL, so I gave up on it. When my IL arrived, I forgot all about it.

I began my letter writing campaign in the middle of May. I received all other responses within 2-3 weeks, but the one from FL took just about 2 months.

Bobsmyth, it's very much possible. It doesn't affect me either way, but I'd be curious to know.