B2 to Green card

fish4all

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Need your advice. I live in Dubai and I am holding B2 visa (10 year) and I got married in US to GC holder in 2012 when I had travelled to US on same tourist visa. My Spouse has received I 131 approval 2 months back. Now I want to go for good to US and apply for I485 AOS accordingly. My queries are:

1) Can I buy 1 year ticket or I should get 3/6 months air ticket. What is a safe bet?
2) Should I inform my intent of AOs at Immig at entry point in US.
3) Is it ok to show GC applicant approvals at entry point. I dont want to go through consular processing as it will take time.

Pls advise me what to do. Thank you so much for your time!

If you try to enter with your B2 visa, the ICE might deny admission if they find out about your approved immigrant petition; they might even put you on Expedited Removal that results in 5-year bar. If they somehow let you in, the CIS will likely assume fraud if you apply for AOS within two months of your entry.

CP is the best avenue for you. The current wait time for I-485 in many CIS field offices is around 6 months anyway.

is it possible apply for Green Card (some of my relatives are naturalised in usa) if 4 years ago my B2 visa is been rejected? What hapens if i apply again for B2 visa and visa again rejected?

is it possible apply for Green Card (some of my relatives are naturalised in usa) if 4 years ago my B2 visa is been rejected? What hapens if i apply again for B2 visa and visa again rejected?

Of course it's possible. It depends on why you were "rejected". If you are inadmissible, then you are not going to get an immigrant visa either. If it was that you couldn't establish that you didn't have immigrant intent, that is not relevant for an immigrant visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Convert visitor visa to green card

Hi dear,
I want to get a visitor visa to see my mother in US. She is a permanent residence and lives with my sister.
They haven't applied green card for me yet. In this regard, I would like to know that if I will get the visitor visa and go to US can I apply for green card based on family member by using Adjustment of status.
Can I have permission to work?
How long do I have to stay to get green card?

Thanks for your reply

Hi dear,
I want to get a visitor visa to see my mother in US. She is a permanent residence and lives with my sister.
They haven't applied green card for me yet. In this regard, I would like to know that if I will get the visitor visa and go to US can I apply for green card based on family member by using Adjustment of status.
Can I have permission to work?
How long do I have to stay to get green card?

Thanks for your reply
When you enter the U.S. on a tourist visa, you cannot have intent to adjust status while there.

Green Card on Medical Visa

hi my cousin brother just came from india. His wife got a really rare disease which is a life threatning and doctors prognoses
2-5 yrs life. They are on B1B2 visa. Doctors are not allowing his wife to travel back to India as its a heart related issue and her heart is already expanded upto 90%...

Is there any way they may get the green card and settle here?

You must hire an attorney to build a case for humanitarian asylum. However, unless you are are very rich, she might be better off in India. By the time there is a decision on their asylum case and they are able to get a green card, they will have to pay their medical bills, but without insurance, the medical bills for such illnesses can easily add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars within weeks/months.

Hello, i currently have a b1/b2 visa, i intend to travel to usa on sept for a holiday and while on holiday i intend to wait for green card (I don't intend to declare this at the border though), i have an offer from an employer through US CIS, i intend to lodge application while in the usa and wait for 6 months processing time.

Will that be fine, or being in the usa for 6 months to wait for immigration processing is seen as conflicting?

Hello, i currently have a b1/b2 visa, i intend to travel to usa on sept for a holiday and while on holiday i intend to wait for green card (I don't intend to declare this at the border though), i have an offer from an employer through US CIS, i intend to lodge application while in the usa and wait for 6 months processing time.

Will that be fine, or being in the usa for 6 months to wait for immigration processing is seen as conflicting?

It's not a matter of whether you intend to declare your immigrant intent at the border or not. You shouldn't be planning on entering the US on a NIV with a preconceived immigrant intent.

Do you intend to enter the US on fraudulent intent? Use of a B1\B2 visa requires non-immigrant intent!