B1 visa 221 g issued

ronkotak

Hi,

I have attended B1 visa interview on 13th April, 2015 at Chennai center and I was given 221(g) and told that it requires an additional processing to make final decision whether to approve visa or not. Also no documents were taken and passport also returned to me. Could you please help me how many days does it take for administrative processing? It is B1 visa and I was supposed to travel in the next week is there a possibility to get the visa get approved?

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ronak

There is no time limit for 221(g). Just wait it out and see what happens. I am guessing you are pending a "background check".

Hi,

Thanks you for the information. But if it is background check, then do not have my passport with them. So will consulate intimate me to send the passport?

Thanks & Regards,
Ronak

Hi,

Thanks you for the information. But if it is background check, then do not have my passport with them. So will consulate intimate me to send the passport?

Thanks & Regards,
Ronak

They will contact you and ask you to send in your passport when they're ready to issue the visa.

Administrative processing varies person to person, nationality to nationality, In Pakistan the least amount of time on average is 90 days...