B visa Validity

js

Registered Users (C)
hi,
My parents got multiple entry B1/B2 visa 2 years back.They never entered U.S.Now they want to come in next month.Is this visa will still be valid or they need to reapply.can anyone confirm this please,I need to confirm the tickets.Or is there any number to call and find out.
thanks
js

Check the validity of the visa, if it is still valid they can come and do not need any documentation or confiormations.

Hai,
Thanks for reply.visa is valid for 10 years.so,can they enter?.
thanks
js

They can enter until last day of that 10 year visa

and the officer at POE will issue a I-94 showing until what day
they can stay in US. (Usually 6 months).

Sept13

Js when your parents enter please post experiences.

Js when your parents enter please post experiences.

10 yr Multiple entry

Hi,

On the same note I have a question.
My mother got a visa with validity of 10 yrs but i am NOT sure if it is Multiple. I am not sure if it has an M [i have asked for a fax from India]. is there a possibility of getting a 10 yr visa without a 'M' - Multiple entry.

Most visas I've encountered are Multiple entry visas. With a 10-year validity, your mother's visa is most likely a multiple entry type.

Under the word Entries of the visa, it should have the letter M if it is a multiple entry visa. If it is a single entry type it will show a 1

Any confirmed experiences?

js said:
hi,
My parents got multiple entry B1/B2 visa 2 years back.They never entered U.S.Now they want to come in next month.Is this visa will still be valid or they need to reapply.can anyone confirm this please,I need to confirm the tickets.Or is there any number to call and find out.
thanks
js

Does anyone know that there is no problem to enter the US for the first time 2 years after getting the 10 year multiple entry visa?

Visist Vis Q? Help PLS.

Can i apply visit visa for spouse while petetion is peninding for spouse? I am green card holder and have filed i130 just last month for her. wait time is years but i want her to get visit visa to come for month or 2.

She can apply for a tourist (visit) visa but will be kind of difficult to get one since she already demostrate that she have immigrant intent with a petition for her.
Good luck,

afarrukh said:
Can i apply visit visa for spouse while petetion is peninding for spouse? I am green card holder and have filed i130 just last month for her. wait time is years but i want her to get visit visa to come for month or 2.

She is an intending immigrant and most like will not get a visitor visa.

B1 visa extenison..Any impact in future

Hi
One of my friend has visited US in B1 visa. Friend's B1 is valid for 10 years.
I-94 entry is valid till March 31. Company requesting my friend to apply B1 extension and stay till April 30. Is Business visa extension impacts USA entry in near future ?

hi,
thanks
js

A valid business reason is always respected by USCIS

Hi
One of my friend has visited US in B1 visa. Friend's B1 is valid for 10 years.
I-94 entry is valid till March 31. Company requesting my friend to apply B1 extension and stay till April 30. Is Business visa extension impacts USA entry in near future ?

Hi - Thank you in advance for the response.

My parents procured a 10 year multiple entry visa to attend my graduation. But due to change in circumstances, they couldnt make it. Is there a rule that they should visit within 6 months of issuance of visa? Can they visit next year without any issues without having to produce any papers since the reason that was originally provided at the consulate is no longer valid.

Thank you in advance.

The can travel (and apply for entry) whenever they want for as long as the visa is valid. Having a visa does NOT guarantee entry, but for as long as it is valid, they can use it.

Visitor visa validity

All,

My parents were approved of visitor visa and a multiple entry visa (10 yrs) is stamped in their passport after their consulate interview in Mumbai (Sept'07).

My question is : Do they have to travel to US within 6mths of their visa approval?

I heard from friends that my folks need to travel within 6mths of their visa approval date. I did not find any requirement as such on any of the official website or any forums. Have the rules changed recently that I am not aware of.

Your time is appreciated.

Thanks.

All,

My parents were approved of visitor visa and a multiple entry visa (10 yrs) is stamped in their passport after their consulate interview in Mumbai (Sept'07).

My question is : Do they have to travel to US within 6mths of their visa approval?

I heard from friends that my folks need to travel within 6mths of their visa approval date. I did not find any requirement as such on any of the official website or any forums. Have the rules changed recently that I am not aware of.

Your time is appreciated.

Thanks.

No, they do not have to travel within 6 months.

Visa is valid for 10 years, they can apply for entry within those 10 years.