[B]Urgent![/B]FBI Name Check NOT INITIATED by USCIS for Dec 2002 RD. Please help

needhelp1

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guru's,
I just now got a call from FBI Name Check Department that USCIS has not yet requested my Name Check to FBI :mad: :mad: :mad: and they have requested for my wife on March 03 and FBI Sent the response back to USCIS in couple of days.

I am now totally scr**d because unless and until my security check is not done, my case will be just lying on the IIO's desk. Please advice me what should be my approach now to make USCIS send the Name Check Request.

Please help as I am now really worried man :confused:

I can imagine how you must be feeling now. May be call the NSC number and talk to them and hear what they have to say about this. It may not be of much help. But, what are the other options? May be contact congressman, ombudsman .. but, honestly, AFAIK, none are that helpful.
We just have to wait. I know it is pathetic.

Wish you good luck.

Update

Thanks hakoonamataata for your support.

I just now talked to my congressman's office and they said that they will follow up my case with INS and the lady over there has suggested not to inform USCIS that I have been following up my case with FBI as it will make USCIS look very bad and they will keep my case in the end of the log.

So now all I can do is just PRAY...PRAY...PRAY GOD to help me in this difficult times......

What is name check??

Guys,
I am kinda confused as to what this "name check" is all about ?
Is this some procedure which the USCIS follows after the FP is done? or is it something that is done separately just before the 485 approval?
how long does it take to do the name check?

My LUD changed last week. It was out of the blue. So I was hoping for a quick approval.. But now this whole issue of name check is curbing my enthu.

my details are given below

EB3 Concurrent May 2003
1ST EAD July 20 2003
FP Apr 20 2004
140 Approval May 3 2004
2nd EAD AUG 13 2004
AP SEPT 2 2004
485 LUD - JUN 28 2003 (starting), APR 28 to May 3 2004 (probably FP)
OCT 7 2004 (approval/name check/rfe/transfer...????)
485 AP --- ???

same situation here,....

As Hakoonamatata says...nothing will help. Only applying for EAD could trigger something because EAD is an important document next to drivers licence. So before issuing EAD they would initiate some sort of security check.

I plan to apply for 3rd EAD end of December if no approval shows up by then. (6 months before it expires). Also wait till the official processing date passes our ND for initiating inquiry through senator's office.

Our situation is pathetic in this age and era in a technlogically well advanced place on earth!!!!!

patient_gc said:
Is this some procedure which the USCIS follows after the FP is done? or is it something that is done separately just before the 485 approval?

There's lot's of info on name checks if you search this forum. In a nutshell:

+this has nothing to do with FP
+it's usually initiated around the time that the USCIS receives your I-485
+there is no change to your LUD / status message to reflect that this was sent or that it was completed
+your name is checked against databases of known "persons of interest" etc.
+it usually takes < 1 month to clear if there is no match
+if there is a match, it can take 18+ months to clear -- you might be able to fax / call the FBI if this happens to expedite the case
+I believe the name check is only done once thoughout the GC process but it may be done again if you go for citizenship later on

ETA

patient_gc said:
Guys,

My LUD changed last week. It was out of the blue. So I was hoping for a quick approval.. But now this whole issue of name check is curbing my enthu.

my details are given below

EB3 Concurrent May 2003
1ST EAD July 20 2003
FP Apr 20 2004
140 Approval May 3 2004
2nd EAD AUG 13 2004
AP SEPT 2 2004
485 LUD - JUN 28 2003 (starting), APR 28 to May 3 2004 (probably FP)
OCT 7 2004 (approval/name check/rfe/transfer...????)
485 AP --- ???

You can check the important FAQ (sticky thread) for such details. I ve added a document at the link here:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=939191#post939191

girishreknar said:
I have sent a FAX to FBI almost a month ago now.. no response so far....what should I do?

I saw a post by someone yesterday saying that FBI is ignoring faxes. So, it seems that the mode of inquiry now is email. Try sending an email.

Yes. FBI is no more accepting faxes and that's what I was told when I got the call from FBI.

Basically I asked them why they didn't respond to my three fax messages and they told me that they no longer take fax messages. She said the only mode they will respond will be Email.
hakoonamataata said:
I saw a post by someone yesterday saying that FBI is ignoring faxes. So, it seems that the mode of inquiry now is email. Try sending an email.

I faxed the name cHeck result request on Sep 28 & got today (10/15).

They are delaying the response but they are not ignoring the faxes.

I did send 2 e-mails also in between, but there response as with respect to my fax request though.

GC_09_2003 said:
I faxed the name cHeck result request on Sep 28 & got today (10/15).

They are delaying the response but they are not ignoring the faxes.

I did send 2 e-mails also in between, but there response as with respect to my fax request though.

GC_09_2003, I sent a fax on sept 29, 04 and there is no response so far so am thinking of writing an e-mail.
Can somebody throw-in the e-mail overhere please.

Thank you,
Baiju.

rhinohere said:
GC_09_2003, I sent a fax on sept 29, 04 and there is no response so far so am thinking of writing an e-mail.
Can somebody throw-in the e-mail overhere please.

Thank you,
Baiju.
A search could have got you what you are looking for. There is a sample mail posted on this page by "NYGCSeeker".
The following link will give you just his/her post:
http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=938066&postcount=29

Hope that helps. Good luck.

FBI E-mail for name check

hakoonamataata said:
A search could have got you what you are looking for. There is a sample mail posted on this page by "NYGCSeeker".

Hakoonamataata, I was asking for an e-mail not a sample letter, I already wrote them a fax using the sample letter from this forum. I looked at your document also, but was not successful in getting an e-mail, I remember I saw the e-mail somewhere here but am not able to search it. I do try to do my home-work.

rhino.

rhinohere said:
hakoonamataata said:

Hakoonamataata, I was asking for an e-mail not a sample letter, I already wrote them a fax using the sample letter from this forum. I looked at your document also, but was not successful in getting an e-mail, I remember I saw the e-mail somewhere here but am not able to search it. I do try to do my home-work.

rhino.

I get it now. Are you looking for the Email ID or Email Address ?
Here it is, FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov.

hakoonamataata said:
I get it now. Are you looking for the Email ID or Email Address ?
Here it is, FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov.

I guess, the e-mail address to write to the FBI. Thanks for the info.
This is totally out of the context, but I honestly dont know the difference when u say ID or address, and yes I am a web-developer :confused:

Rhino.

rhinohere said:
I guess, the e-mail address to write to the FBI. Thanks for the info.
This is totally out of the context, but I honestly dont know the difference when u say ID or address, and yes I am a web-developer :confused:

Rhino.
I did not mean to point anything out towards you. If someone asks me to get him/her the "email", I think about the actual email (email contents). "Email ID'" and/or "Email Address" is what one refers to when trying to find the email address.
I am sure you are very well aware of all these concepts. I was, in no way, trying to degrade your abilities. Please dont take any offense. Its just that as soon as I read your post, I felt like you wanted the actual email. Thats why I bolded "Email ID" and "Email Address" in my next post to be specific.