Awaiting RFE

makarandg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have a I485 pending for myself, my wife and my son. After changing a job in Nov 08, USCIS asked for RFE. I came to know about it through an email and online case status. Till today I havent recieved the physical notice. I called USCIS NSC service center 3 times so far after every 30 days stating the same. Everytime my information was taken by the NSC officer and requested a RFE copy to be sent. So far no RFE is recieved.
What should be my next course of action?

I have not filed for AC21 after job change as my employer said its not mandetory unless USCIS asks for some evidence. I think the RFE should be about the same, but I am not sure.

My Application is with Texas Service Center
RFE was sent on Jan 08 2009
EB2
PD Jul 07

regards
Makarand

Last edited by a moderator:
The RFE could be about your job change. You need to send in the AC21 information ASAP. The can deny your case for failing to respond to the RFE before the deadline. Calling USCIS is useless. Make an Infopass appointment to find out what you can about the RFE, and check if they have already denied your case.

If your original employer's lawyer was handling your I-485, the RFE would have been sent to the lawyer and not you. That's probably why you didn't get it. Contact the lawyer if you can.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
What all documents need to be sent?
For Texas service center, what address and attention to whom I should send the docs?

regards
Makarand

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
What all documents need to be sent?
For Texas service center, what address and attention to whom I should send the docs?

regards
Makarand

All details and address you are going to send to will be in the notice.

Hi,
I did not recieve the notice at all. I am just sending it to USCIS. Online status shows RFE sent on Jan 08 09, but I have not recieved any documents event after calling USCIS NSC 3 times.

regards
Makarand

I will be sending the AC21 documents. I can just take a wild guess that it would be related to AC21. Otherwise wait till I recieve the notice and so far I have not recieved any.

Address for express mail :

US Department of Homeland Security
CIS Texas Service Center
4141 N. St. Augustine Road
Dallas, Texas 75227
Attn : ATTN: I-485 Department.
Tel. (800) 375-5283

Address for US Mail :

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Citizenship and Immigration Services
TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
P.O. Box 852841
Mesquite, Texas 75185-2841

Attn : ATTN: I-485 Department.

Attach the email you got from them regarding RFE and check the list of needed documents in AC 21 posts.

Last edited by a moderator: