AUGUST - Visa revalidation tracking

Hi...

Is there a way to add some document to your application/file once it's already in DC for revalidation ?

Cheers,
-R

jmxu SL Date: 1-Aug DC Date: 29-Aug
joe_parth SL Date: 4-Aug Dc Date: 2-Sep
RamFan SL Date: 4-Aug DC Date: 2-Sep
srivum SL Date: 6-Aug
ss9 SL Date: 6-Aug
nagavijay SL Date: 6-Aug
jerryseinfield SL Date: 8-Aug
njqwe SL Date: 12-Aug
pan1975 SL Date: 14-Aug DC Date: 16-Sep
sunil_green SL Date: 18-Aug
petelt SL Date: 18-Aug
skali SL Date: 18-Aug DC Date: 9-Sep
narendrakharya SL Date: 19-Aug
kr2002 SL Date: 23-Aug DC Date: 29-Sep
svontel SL Date: 26-Aug DC Date: 29-Sep
sselva69 SL Date: 28-Aug

Anybody has any updates?

Guys,

Is there any way I can findout if the Money Orders have been cashed by SL Office? I have submitted 2 MOs (got from USPS).

Thanks, Selva

Call up the people who issued the money order for you and ask them what is the bank name which has issued the money order and also ask their phone number.
Then call the bank and give them the money order reference number and they will tell when it was cashed

Visa REnewal

Hi Guys, I am new member to this thread but I have been following this thread so I am updating my status

Vallabhu SL Date : 12 Aug DC Date : 8 - Sep

And for ravishankar20's question , Visa Rep told I can fax the document with a cover letter which should have My passport Number, Date of birth and DC received date. My case is

1) I worked for X company from Oct 2000 to July 2001 and had visa stamped in my passport valid till May 2003 .

2) I worked for Y company from Aug 2001 to March 2003 and visa not stamped in my passport .

3) I work for Z company with my H1 valid May 2006 and when I sent the documents I sent X and Z only bcoz website clearly says you have to send the current stamped I 797 and the one you want the stamp for.

Now I think it is better to send Y too Visa officer is not sure if they require it , So I will be faxing I dont know if this will add any value to my application

Any comments Guys ?????

Cheers.

-SK.

SL date jul 22
DC recd Aug 29
PP - not recd.

Called up dc office just now to know that it would take 12 weeks to receive our pps, and also they are working on 24th jul cases.

I have a question, is there any chance of visa stamping denial, if so, in what cases? sorry for such a annoying ? as i am tired waiting and getting worried on my case

I can't think of a very good reason for a visa denial unless there is something really weird or person is very unlucky.

Because they don't have too many papers to look at for denial, only things on which they have to base their decision is company letter, DS-156/157, and definitely passport, photo and I-797 so if you have all the information right, I don't see a reason, it's just wait which is killing.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi

I am new to the thread. My SL Recvd date is 5-Aug. I don't know what my DC received date is. Payment method is one cashier's cheque for the entire family.

Q1: I need to leave the country on 25-Nov. Looking at the various threads and replies, getting a visa stamped by then is now looking more and more difficult. How soon should I apply for a withdrawal?

Q2: My visa is now more than 1 year expired (it wasn't when I applied). It seems that if your previous visa expired more than a year back, you do not qualify for "drop-box" in your local consulate (mine is Mumbai). You have to appear for an interview. How long does it take to get an interview? How early should I apply for it on the web? Does any one have any such experience?

Q3: I believe that such an interview should be a formal show-your-face interview since it is a re-validation. Or is it?

too many questions for a first timer !! :)

mrm1989 SL Date: 5-Aug

HI mrm1989,

since your SL Date is 4th Aug, there is chance of getting ur visa before Nov 25th.

Unless otherwise there is extremely urgency, its not a good idea to withdraw your application.

its really risky to appear in the local consulate in India nowadays. your records should to 100% perfect from the date u entered US first.

call DC office and find out ur DC Date. the number is 202-663-1225 and press 1,0.

Thanks SKALI

Skali,

thanks for your suggestions.

I am not sure how you would define 100 % perfection! This is my second long stint in US and in both this one and my previous one, I haven't overstayed for a day. In this stint, I haven't changed my employer and I had my H1 extension done before my current visa expired.

While I can always cancel / postpone my trip, I would prefer not to due to various reasons. On my previous two occasions when I have appeared at the Mumbai consulate for my H1 visa, I have had no problems (last one was 4 years back).

I know that I have a chance of getting the visa done, but if I choose not to cancel / postpone my trip, how soon before I pull the plug? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Hi mrm1989,

You sounds perfect. the main think they will look first is, is there any difference between you 12 month pay slip and w2 form for each year.

i donot know exactly how much time we need to consider for withdrawal. you can findout by calling DC office.

skali.

Hey guys anybody knows how long we need??

DC Date

Please update my DC date to be 28-Aug. The lady on the phone refused to tell me the date they are processing today but said it averages 12-14 weeks from date of receipt to this office.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

mrm1989 SL Date: 5-Aug DC Date: 28-Aug

Do we need to send all the past w2 forms for Revalidation also .. How do they compare this difference ..????
Then we need to send all the previous h1 LCAS and Those company W2 forms or what ??
First of all how do they compare the W2 difference

Originally posted by skali
Hi mrm1989,

You sounds perfect. the main think they will look first is, is there any difference between you 12 month pay slip and w2 form for each year.

i donot know exactly how much time we need to consider for withdrawal. you can findout by calling DC office.

skali.

Hey guys anybody knows how long we need??

Re: H1 revalidation

Venkat .. Did you send just your I-797 for your wife stamping .?? or did you filed a new I-797 for your wife also as H4. While sending for revalidation do we need to have a H4 I-797 or what ..
I was in a impression that just primary applicants I-797 and the extended I-94 is enough .. Pls clarify me
Kishu

Originally posted by vpattabathula
My H1 visa extension was approved in April 2003, sent my passports for revalidation in April 2003 with all the necessary documents & fees. DOS returned all our papers & passports to me in July 2003 asking for reciprocal fee (I was unaware of that as we were Australian citizens).

I have sent back all the passports with required reciprocal fee & documents to SL on July 21, 2003 for H1/H4 visa stamping. This was the second I have sent the passports & documents to DOS and can some one tell me how long it will take for H1/H4 visa stamping for second time. Will it take another 12 weeks or less. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

Re: Re: H1 revalidation

Did anybody sent H1 and H4 revalidation . In that case do we need to have I-797 for wife also or just the primary applicat I-797 and I-94 is enough????(Ofcourse she will have her I-94 )

I sent my original I-797 and my wife's original H-4 approval both for my wife's visa stamping, since she is eligible for dropbox, she will be submitting her papers around 27th of this month.

In fact New Delhi Consulate website has list of documents which need to be sent to them for visa stamping, so I sent them all.

Looks like it's not 2+(10-12) weeks anymore!!

Guys,
Well my SL date is Aug 8th, and I have no clue abt DC date as the lady failed to answer ( < 3 months). I have my tickets on Nov 21st. Iam in big trouble I guess!!

PS: For July reval guys, their DC date date seems to be normal.

I dunno wat the hell happened with SL during Aug !!!

Anybody has any updates on Aug Reval ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Uma

August Reval List updated as of Oct 18th 12.15 PM EST

Guys,
I forgot to update mine on the list, here u go.

mrm1989 SL Date: 5-Aug DC Date: 28-Aug
immidude74 SL Date: 8-Aug DC Date: no clue!!

Thanks,
Regards,