AUGUST - Visa revalidation tracking

H1 revalidation

My H1 visa extension was approved in April 2003, sent my passports for revalidation in April 2003 with all the necessary documents & fees. DOS returned all our papers & passports to me in July 2003 asking for reciprocal fee (I was unaware of that as we were Australian citizens).

I have sent back all the passports with required reciprocal fee & documents to SL on July 21, 2003 for H1/H4 visa stamping. This was the second I have sent the passports & documents to DOS and can some one tell me how long it will take for H1/H4 visa stamping for second time. Will it take another 12 weeks or less. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

Venkat,

It depends on where you have sent the documents second time. If it is SL, then your application has to go the same process again,meaning 10-12 weeks time, or it is DC, it should be processed in 3 to 4 weeks time.

Good luck!

Selva

H1 revalidation

Selava,

Thanks for the information and I do appreciate it. I was asked to send all my paperwork to SL and not to DC which I was unaware.

I am fed up with this kind of service being provided by DOS and I think this is the worst situation I could imagine not seen even in developing countries.

Thanks

question

Someone please answer my question:

do you have to send the original h-1b approval notice and the original i-94?

i'm not comfortable sending the originals but if i have to i guess there is no other way.

can i send a copy signed by a notary public?

I sent original copy of my last arrival I-94 with passport and photo copy of h1b petition.

Hi jnathan

Please follow the url http://travel.state.gov/revals.html and read carefully.

Under "Required Documentation" its clearly mentioned that they need the Original Form I-94 and in the "Visa refusals" about I-797.

I guess, what I'm saying is, you need to send the original I-94 and I-797

Thanks

It looks like they changed the rules , earlier the travel.state.gov web site clearly stated that they can accept Photocopy or original document of I-797 and a certifed or original copy of I-94.

-Raj

I-797 Original or Copy ????

Hi Guys,
Please do not confuse. Please visit the link http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

The dept. of state says, I-797 could be original or copy. If you could notarize the copy, it would be better. They do not need really the original approval. Your case number is enough for them to verify your data. The advantage of sending original is, it will have the original copy of your latest I-94. You do not need to detach and attach it along with your passport. As per the website, even I-94(issued at the port-of-entry) itself could be a copy, but it should have been attached to the Passport.

Thanks
Joe

H1 -Reval

Dear friend,
The website http://travel.state.gov/revals.html#5 gives general information about Visa Revalidation at USA. The information there is not specific to any Visa type. If you go down to the bottem of the page, you can see the links to specific visa type. For H1-B, you need to go to 'How to revalidate H,L,O and P Visa'. It will take you to the one I told. That is the latest one.

Thanks
Joe

latest news on revalidation

Guys,

Today, I called DC of the state dept. I was told that my H-1 revalidation application was received on September 2nd. My Saint Louis receipt date is August 4th. It took almost a month for my application to get to the DC office.

She also told me that it would take approx. 3.5 months (from the date of receipt at the DC office) to get the passport back.

Sincerely,

RamFan

HI Guys,

in june revalidation tracking forum, one guy received passport without stamping because he sent payment for $175 in a single money order. did you guys knows anything about that? anybody sent like that?

I did.

I think, I read somewhere that its okay to make a single check for both $100 (nonimmigrant visa application processing fee) and $75 (visa issuance reciprocity fee).

Is it going to be a problem?

Combining visa processing fee & reciprocity fee

Friends,

I just varified that both visa processing fee & reciprocity fee can be combined in one bank draft/money order.

Please refer the Fee Payment para of http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

"Payment for the visa application processing fee and the visa issuance reciprocity fee, if applicable, may be combined in one bank draft, corporate check, or money order."

I think we are okay.

It seems a mistake happend by DC visa officer. he is going to talk to DC office. lets see, why is that happend.

Visa Fees

I've attached a single cashier check for my whole family. I do not think that it is a problem. If there is any problem in fees, our applications will be returned from St.Luis itself. This is what DOS says in its website. I would like to know about his money order. Has it been returned as it is? I mean without cashed by the DOS. If it has been cashed by the DOS, then his application should have been accepted. The fee that we are paying is for processing the application. Has he got any information about applying again to DC directly? Please post if you get any information.

Thanks
Joe

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I mentioned here is my personal opinion.