• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

I was reading Britsimon articles in this link http://community.immigration.com/th...ources-useful-links-gathered-in-one-place.22/
Here I'm attaching the part of education explanation for eligibility. It sa: "An applicant may present a bachelor's or master's degree to meet this requirement.".
So I think I have to present ONLY my bachelor's degree !!!View attachment 4

I think Suse has responded well above, but I just want to add something. The article you quoted from is an interpretation of the rules, not the rule itself. The rule is that someone shows they went through an education that is equivalent to a 12 year elementary and secondary education that meets the entry requirement for an American University. The consulates are responsible for setting that standard fr their country and the CO is responsible for the decision whether someone meets their requirement.

It is possible for someone to NOT meet the 12 year elementary/secondary requirement but to then enroll in a Masters program (and most probably a Bachelors). And I am talking from personal experience with highly regarded British Masters programs. That scenario would at the very least cause some debate at the interview. SO - I would strongly advise you to take the 12 year diploma/proof as well.

I was reading Britsimon articles in this link http://community.immigration.com/th...ources-useful-links-gathered-in-one-place.22/
Here I'm attaching the part of education explanation for eligibility. It sa: "An applicant may present a bachelor's or master's degree to meet this requirement.".
So I think I have to present ONLY my bachelor's degree !!!View attachment 4

Well, you may certainly attend your interview with ONLY your bachelor's degree and at the end of the day the IO may not even request to see your HS Diploma. However, you will have no one but YOURSELF to blame if you end up with an IO who insist on seeing the HS diploma itself (like some past applicants, both for CP and AOS have reported), and instead of approving your application on the spot puts you in AP.

By the way, the section you quoted is not an official DV document issued by the US government, it is from a 2004 article published in a Law Journal. 2004 for goodness sake!

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/DV_Article_2004-05.pdf

Well, you may certainly attend your interview with ONLY your bachelor's degree and at the end of the day the IO may not even request to see your HS Diploma. However, you will have no one but YOURSELF to blame if you end up with an IO who insist on seeing the HS diploma itself (like some past applicants, both for CP and AOS have reported), and instead of approving your application on the spot puts you in AP.

By the way, the section you quoted is not an official DV document issued by the US government, it is from a 2004 article published in a Law Journal. 2004 for goodness sake!

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/DV_Article_2004-05.pdf

hi
i lost my HS Diploma and only i have my Bachelor's Degree , i will try to take a job experience certificate from my company as well what do you think is it enough ?

what will embassy keep in priority in upcoming aug/sep months?,,,,either clearing AP's or new cutoff for fresh one

hi
i lost my HS Diploma and only i have my Bachelor's Degree , i will try to take a job experience certificate from my company as well what do you think is it enough ?

Proving qualification with work experience is not always easy and straight forward (and one can't use a combination if education and work experience, it's got to be one or the other), so I would suggest you contact your school and find out what else they can provide you with in place of the HS Diploma. The CO may be more open to your presenting a verification letter, or whatever your high school is willing to provide to confirm your completion, and your Bachelor's degree.

hi

I also lost my high school diploma but I was able to order a duplicate from my State Department of Education. I dont know if thats an option for you but something to investigate.

but i graduated from Iran and currently i am living in Afghanistan . it is not possible to reorder it .what should i do guys?

Make the best efforts you can to get the documentation. If you simply cannot get it, there is nothing you can do - go to the interview with what you have and explain what efforts you made to get the documents. That is all you can do.

did you find the updated CEAC data ? how many Asian Visas are left to issue for aug/sep from AS? and especially from Nepal?
I could not activate my option B due to dv, case number 12k from Nepal

Vladek, I started to apply for my south African police clearance, just so if we current for Sept, it can be out already? Nd how far are u

Vladek, I started to apply for my south African police clearance, just so if we current for Sept, it can be out already? Nd how far are u
Fabian, happy to see you my bro :)
Police c takes about 2 to 3 months to arrive ! I hope you have an old one for in case ?
My cn is 68xxx so I believe I'm gonna be in for august ! What is your cn again?

Yes 8-10 weeks to get it processed, apply now. If you are current in September you don't have time to wait for delays.

Greetings.... Fancy meeting you all here! Does the PC have to be valid for the duration until entry into the States? (same as the Medical?) or only for the interview?

Question - if anyone has been able to fins out yet ...

If a region goes current, how do USCIS schedule interviews for the remaining selectees? CN? Date of application submission? Some dark magic formula?

Any ray of hope offered is appreciated?

Question - if anyone has been able to fins out yet ...

If a region goes current, how do USCIS schedule interviews for the remaining selectees? CN? Date of application submission? Some dark magic formula?

Any ray of hope offered is appreciated?
Its a bit of a mistery ! The embassies has surely a capacity and since not all countires are loaded I guess a higer number in vanuatu will get quickly scheduled than a lower one in sidney!
But that doesn't matter since current means that they will cover all the selectees left ;)

Its a bit of a mistery ! The embassies has surely a capacity and since not all countires are loaded I guess a higer number in vanuatu will get quickly scheduled than a lower one in sidney!
But that doesn't matter since current means that they will cover all the selectees left ;)

But it does matter if the worldwide quota is running out...

Having switched from AOS to CP so late in the game Im afraid that even if OC goes current I'll be the last one scheduled at the Sydney consulate and then miss out because the worldwide quota is reached before my interview. I tell ya this is the most stressful game in town...