• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS
WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2014 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA69,300Except:
Egypt: 32,250
Nigeria: 25,000
ASIA12,700
EUROPE40,150
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)CURRENT
OCEANIA1,450
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN1,750

I just received the VB email ! Usually take me 24h to reciece the same email, now I received only after 2h VB official release!
And still doesn't show nepal!

I just received the VB email ! Usually take me 24h to reciece the same email, now I received only after 2h VB official release!
And still doesn't show nepal!

That is interesting. Last time they screwed up the official release was right (meaning the mistake was by the web kid). On the web there is a disclaimer saying this is not the official release. Does the email have something like that?

You are correct. They have to have data for all categories to publish the bulletin.
Dear Franko, look like always is a chance for hope, even that most CN prediction was OK in the SA was wrong, some people say that was no change but now is moving forward to 1750, I guess not many magic crystal ball are 100% rigth. Don't you think!

If there is NO cutoff for Nebal, How this will impact the rest of AS especially high CN?
No really because Nepal will takes its own country limit for sure. And Nepal taking the max visas has been factoring into our estimation all this while. What I read from is that if Nepal really do not have special cut off, it mean Nepal start to max out as well. Meaning density is not that high as we anticipated or DOS decided to give more visa slots for the coming months, so either ways is good for high CN.

For all the veterans on the board.... in years where a region did not go Current and actually had a cutoff in September, has there typically been a surge from August to September? Or is it usually a lame increase? would it be unreasonable to think that EU might continue its upwards trend of 3,000+ CNs per month into the VB? Might it at least repeat this months bump of 3,850?

No really because Nepal will takes its own country limit for sure. And Nepal taking the max visas has been factoring into our estimation all this while. What I read from is that if Nepal really do not have special cut off, it mean Nepal start to max out as well. Meaning density is not that high as we anticipated or DOS decided to give more visa slots for the coming months, so either ways is good for high CN.
hop so :)

I just called to KCC to confirm Nepal's Cutoff and c told me to wait until 15th of this month, c was not exactly sure 9500 or what cns....seems like 12700 is with Nepal.

Yep, this was not a prediction at all. In fact I had originally estimated 38,600 for Europe and, like others, have been positively surprised by the 40,150 number for August :)
Britsimon, congratulation you made 4 of 5, but did you was wrong with SA at No Change. What happens did some one filter the info to you!. Now what do you think would be the final Cut off Number.

I just called to KCC to confirm Nepal's Cutoff and c told me to wait until 15th of this month, c was not exactly sure 9500 or what cns....seems like 12700 is with Nepal.
So funny, so many versions. Which is correct? KCC really screw thing up big time. Even official announced still need to wait until 15th of the month. What is this? KCC come on.

So when do you think we get the interview date? I have to fly quite far to get to a cp and hope to squeeze in the medical check and summer Holliday.

For all the veterans on the board.... in years where a region did not go Current and actually had a cutoff in September, has there typically been a surge from August to September? Or is it usually a lame increase? would it be unreasonable to think that EU might continue its upwards trend of 3,000+ CNs per month into the VB? Might it at least repeat this months bump of 3,850?

For Europe there have been 5 years of cut-offs. Two barely moved, one +2k, two +2.8k
http://www.dv-info.site40.net/

Britsimon, congratulation you made 4 of 5, but did you was wrong with SA at No Change. What happens did some one filter the info to you!. Now what do you think would be the final Cut off Number.

This was a change made in the last few days. Several people were told the 1550 number.

This was a change made in the last few days. Several people were told the 1550 number.
I don't think it change in last few days. It needs various embassies to get that done. I think even the internal communication screw up in KCC. So, until the interview date is confirmed, nothing is final.

So when do you think we get the interview date? I have to fly quite far to get to a cp and hope to squeeze in the medical check and summer Holliday.
Hi Eucn, I guess this depends both on your specific EU sequence number (if I remember correctly you were in the 38,xxx cohort?) and the specific Consulate where you will have your interview. In any case, we should learn specifics shortly.