• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

The other Gallup poll results I just posted indeed show your assumption is incorrect. There are a lot more than 15-20% that don't like the situation, even though they may have done something interesting the day before.

I am rolling on the floor laughing.

The other Gallup poll results I just posted indeed show your assumption is incorrect. There are a lot more than 15-20% that don't like the situation, even though they may have done something interesting the day before.

Ok i have no reason to disagree with that... they feel they had an intresting day, but disagree with the whole situation

It's hard to make assumptions from those, because we don't have comparisons to other countries

"Residents of Venezuela and South Africa are the least likely among residents in 135 countries worldwide to say they feel safe walking alone at night where they live...Venezuela's crime problems are among the worst in the Latin America..."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/162341/venezuelans-south-africans-least-likely-feel-safe.aspx

This one isn't a surprise at all: Venezuela has a a very high crime rate so people are afraid to go out.

However these people that are afraid to go out at night say that their last day was intresting. That's the whole point

It's hard to make assumptions from those, because we don't have comparisons to other countries

This one isn't a surprise at all: Venezuela has a a very high crime rate so people are afraid to go out.

However these people that are afraid to go out at night say that their last day was intresting. That's the whole point

Getting shot by police can be interesting. Finding toilet paper after weeks of trying can make you laugh. Alberto, what do you consider fundamental to your own happiness?

Here are some pictures of happy Venezuelans for you:
http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2014/03/venezuela-protests.jpg?w=720
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73544000/jpg/_73544763_73544762.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/venezuela-protest-feature.jpg
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/ada...venezuela-protest-eduardo-massieu-twitter.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/i...slug/l/eede4e47fd6a4550a6b01ecd0e784ae1-1.jpg

I mean c'mon dude, are you really going to keep going on about how happy all these people must be in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary? If you still insist on that I'm gonna say - fine, that's your opinion, but I bet privately you agree even if you feel you can't back down in public. Have a good evening.

By reading Veronice's posts i can assume (correct me if i'm wrong) that she belongs to the 15-20% that doesn't like at all the whole Venezuela situation

That sounds "normal" to my western ears and way of thinking.

The strange thing to me is that the rest 80%+ of Venezuelans say that they actually enjoyed their last day (that was the question of the survey).

Why that happens? i don't know... Only people with the mentality of the country can shed some light... Maybe Veronice is one of them

First: I'll correct you, you are wrong. I'm not one of the 15-20% who doesn't like at all the whole Venezuela Situation... I'm one of the 49,12% who doesn't like it. And that, based on the last OFFICIAL result of presidential elections. The ones that were held one month after "The Supreme Comander" died... and people was suffering. I'm also one of the 73,42% of the people that in the recent elections for a county's major, voted against the government. Or the 87,79% from the other county that also voted against the government's candidate.

Facts:
Chavez was a charismatic leader (who I never supported) and pretty good at keeping people "convinced" of something.
Venezuelan people are creative and cheerful. We laugh to avoid crying. Or so we did.
Chavez died... and day by day people are opening their eyes. Maduro is not as charismatic and certainly not even a tiny little bit as smart... (You can check those results I gave you at www.cne.gob.ve the official web of our electoral power. By they way, I can tell you that when they made the last results public at tv, they said: The opposition with 73,42% and our candidate very close with 67,58%... or something. Their result (so they didn't look so humiliated) was really high over 100% but, hey, this is Venezuela.)

So:
Who answered that poll, I don't know. There are some days when you can ask me if I'm happy... and I have been.
Actually I'm a happy person... despite the fact that I'm not a happy venezuelan.
I'm happy because I have a beautiful family that I can't take out of the house but we enjoy each other. I'm happy because I work in a really nice place and also have many friends from stores that call me when one of those things that you can't find are available. I'm happy because we are alive... when you live in a country like this, you start to appreciate that kind of stuff.
I'm happy every time my husband gets home and we can close (sorry, lock) all the doors and bars... and the expensive security service of the neighborhood is on.
I'm happy when I don't have a party in a weekend and we don't have to be in danger for a party. I'm happy when I see that my car hasn't been vandalized.
So maybe Gallup was right. WE ARE HAPPY. At least some of us... fewer everyday... but happy.

Last edited:

Getting shot by police can be interesting. Finding toilet paper after weeks of trying can make you laugh. Alberto, what do you consider fundamental to your own happiness?

Here are some pictures of happy Venezuelans for you:
http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2014/03/venezuela-protests.jpg?w=720
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73544000/jpg/_73544763_73544762.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/venezuela-protest-feature.jpg
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/ada...venezuela-protest-eduardo-massieu-twitter.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/i...slug/l/eede4e47fd6a4550a6b01ecd0e784ae1-1.jpg

I mean c'mon dude, are you really going to keep going on about how happy all these people must be in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary? If you still insist on that I'm gonna say - fine, that's your opinion, but I bet privately you agree even if you feel you can't back down in public. Have a good evening.

You are bringing tons of evidence for something that i NEVER said i disagreed. Venezuela is a fu**ed up country

Why don't you accept the possibility that people in some of these countries, might report higher percentages of positive living, than in other countries?

It's not rocket science

Hmm! The last time I checked the title of this thread was something to do with the August VB. Looks like the thread has since taken a new life of things. If the discussion is no longer about the August VB, I think it's about time to unpin and possibly lock it?

You guys can open a new thread, give it an appropriate title to address this ongoing non VB related issue(s) please.

First: I'll correct you, you are wrong. I'm not one of the 15-20% who doesn't like at all the whole Venezuela Situation... I'm one of the 49,12% who doesn't like it. And that, based on the last OFFICIAL result of presidential elections. The ones that were held one month after "The Supreme Comander" died... and people was suffering. I'm also one of the 73,42% of the people that in the recent elections for major, voted against the government. Or the 87,79% from the other county that also voted against the government's candidate.

Facts:
Chavez was a charismatic leader (who I never supported) and pretty good at keeping people "convinced" of something.
Venezuelan people are creative and cheerful. We laugh to avoid crying. Or so we did.
Chavez died... and day by day people are opening their eyes. Maduro is not as charismatic and certainly not even a tiny little bit as smart... (You can check those results I gave you at www.cne.gob.ve the official web of our electoral power. By they way, I can tell you that when they made the last results public at tv, they said: The opposition with 73,42% and our candidate very close with 67,58%... or something. Their result (so they didn't look so humiliated) was really high over 100% but, hey, this is Venezuela.)

So:
Who answered that poll, I don't know. There are some days when you can ask me if I'm happy... and I have been.
Actually I'm a happy person... despite the fact that I'm not a happy venezuelan.
I'm happy because I have a beautiful family that I can't take out of the house but we enjoy each other. I'm happy because I work in a really nice place and also have many friends from stores that call me when one of those things that you can't find are available. I'm happy because we are alive... when you live in a country like this, you start to appreciate that kind of stuff.
I'm happy every time my husband gets home and we can close (sorry, lock) all the doors and bars... and the expensive security service of the neighborhood is on.
I'm happy when I don't have a party in a weekend and we don't have to be in danger for a party. I'm happy when I see that my car hasn't been vandalized.
So maybe Gallup was right. WE ARE HAPPY. At least some of us... fewer everyday... but happy.

Sorry, maybe i didn't state that correctly.... the 15-20% went to the rest that said their day wasn't intersting... 85% said its was intresting, 15% probably said otherwise

I wasn't talking about general acceptance of the goverement and stuff like that... i'm sure the negative votes would be much higher there.

From the little i know, Venezuela is a blessed country that unforunately fell into the hands of Chavez. In the elections next year, there's a high chance that this Chavez gang will belong to the past, and the country will flourish again. With all these oil reserves, apart from anything else, i don't see a reason why not.

I guess by charismatic you mean able to say lies without being caught;)

Hmm! The last time I checked the title of this thread was something to do with the August VB. Looks like the thread has since taken a new life of things. If the discussion is no longer about the August VB, I think it's about time to unpin and possibly lock it?

You guys can open a new thread, give it an appropriate title to address this ongoing non VB related issue(s) please.

What she said!

Agreed - I was just about to post something along the same lines.

This forum is supposed to be about helping and supporting each other, not attacking and fighting. Let's all just try to place nice shall we?

Sorry Mom! It won't happen again, I promise!

You also predicted the number for SA... it was apocalyptic.
you are right it was really apocalyptic but they are still at 1550, so my numbers are still accurate lolololololol .... let's hope that it will not be next month....

MalcomX predict for Africa again?Latest African number is 69300 which I've confirmed by calling the Kentucky Consular.

it's not easy to predict for Africa believe me, we don't know really what will happen at the end, if Europe continue like that, they will have like 4 to 5k more visas comparing to last year, it seems that Africa will pay that difference... in this case Africa will not have more then 85k, I assume that the density will remain the same of course, if not we can have 90k or a bit more ... for me the last VB (69300) is a real catastrophe ... let's hope that the KCC will act differently next month and give a chance to maximum people ....