• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Regarding the E3 visa option for Australians. Do you know if you need to secure a job before you are granted the visa? Or can you move over and start applying for work once you're there?

I don't know about the E3, but you can certainly go to the US on a tourist visa and apply for jobs. That's not just for Australians, but it certainly is easier for Aussies since you can go to the States without applying for a visa at an embassy, and Australian qualifications are not disregarded. I have an Ethiopian friend who was on vacation in the US who ended up getting a job and staying there. So if someone can do that with an Ethiopian passport, you most certainly have a much better chance. Of course, she had to be sponsored by the employer, which may be different than how E3 works.

Regarding the E3 visa option for Australians. Do you know if you need to secure a job before you are granted the visa? Or can you move over and start applying for work once you're there?

I read about this, so I could be wrong but here goes.

First you get a job offer from an employer that wants to hire you and is prepared to file for Labor certification for the role. LCA is cheap and quick - mine took less that 2 weeks.

Once you have the job offer and the LCA you go to your consulate and go through a simple interview/application, no lawyer needed.

So you could do visa waiver to interview, then fly home to get the visa and tie up loose ends.

I read about this, so I could be wrong but here goes.

First you get a job offer from an employer that wants to hire you and is prepared to file for Labor certification for the role. LCA is cheap and quick - mine took less that 2 weeks.

Once you have the job offer and the LCA you go to your consulate and go through a simple interview/application, no lawyer needed.

So you could do visa waiver to interview, then fly home to get the visa and tie up loose ends.

Hi peeps.

Plenty of Australians come over on the visa waiver and job hunt. You do need a job offer before you can apply for the E3. There are minimum education/ work experience requirements. Its good for 2 years and can be renewed. The visa is easy to apply for but the hard part is finding an employer willing to sponsor you. Depending on your industry that might be easy or near impossible. Given there are many Americans competing for the same roles the requirement for sponsorship can be a handicap. Finance and IT professionals seem to have the easiest time. I am a lawyer and have been job hunting for close to a year without success ( I am here in f1/OPT status). My temp agency is just now considering whether to continue to employ me on an E3. The best forum I have found that deals with the E3 is on the britishexpats forum here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700174. The green card is infinitely better because you're more or less on equal ground with American job applicants but the E3 is a pretty decent second prize.

Density declines in Europe and Africa, so they are faster. Do not forget the regional quota. Europe goes to its quota, why did she look at the other regions?
we use to say 'regional cota' but who knows its only matter of assumptions and this RC is not written anywhere, am I right? if they decide to give more to EU they can do .... check OC results and u will understand what I mean....

hellooooo....................... do u think that there is an impact from Iran for the Aug VB to restrict cutoff at 12700 ?????

hellooooo....................... do u think that there is an impact from Iran for the Aug VB to restrict cutoff at 12700 ?????

My comment below from another thread. I don't think there will be many if any Iranian interviews scheduled in Aug or Sept.

Well. Ankara DV doc http://photos.state.gov/libraries/turkey/840293/Consular/PACKET_DIVERSITY VISA INSTRUCTIONS_docx GSS.pdf notes that "most" Iranian applicants require 'extensive' AP and that this usually takes at least 8 weeks to complete. Presumably KCC factors this in when making appointments for Iran. So there just may not be many appointments at all for Iran in Aug/Sept?

Also, as I alluded in another post, I think we misinterpreted the notice from Ankara last year. It does not actually say that interviews were cancelled. What it says that visas were exhausted and so people must not send passports in even if they received notice that AP is complete. If you look at it that way the implication is pretty much that all the scheduled interviews had been completed already. Link here, does anyone disagree with this interpretation? turkey.usembassy.gov/mobile//wn_92013.html

Yes, this could be a rough indication but I think the visa exhaustion might be different by regions because the # of embassy processing it, how many country still have high interview appointments for Sept and AP clearing rate in the final month are all different in different regions.
In some previous years regions were also exhausted in the middle of a month.

Can't edit previous post sorry !
Raevsky :
Do you have an estimation for DV2014 quotas by regions ?
And do you believe Nacara will be rellocated to the DV this year ?

Can someone tell me if ( example) if all regions went current in september they would each region only use its allotted
quota or is it a free for all visas going to countries that are quick at processing them.

Im sure this analysis has been put somewhere but I can't find it. These threads are cray cray.

Sooooo do we know how many OC visas have been issued and how many (ish) have been issued on average in past years to get a sense of how many visas are left up for grabs for OC? Trying to get a sense of (disregarding consulate capacity) theoretically what the highest CN could be that goes current to exhaust the visa quota? Im sure I saw somewhere that only 300 or 400 visa have been issued for OC thus far....

Im sure this analysis has been put somewhere but I can't find it. These threads are cray cray.
Sooooo do we know how many OC visas have been issued and how many (ish) have been issued on average in past years to get a sense of how many visas are left up for grabs for OC? Trying to get a sense of (disregarding consulate capacity) theoretically what the highest CN could be that goes current to exhaust the visa quota? Im sure I saw somewhere that only 300 or 400 visa have been issued for OC thus far....
Last year 2013 OC was issued 731 visas.
This year up to the 06 june 2014 issued = 400 if I'm not mistaking !
With the 4 months left I'm pretty sure they will reach the same amount !

Last year 2013 OC was issued 731 visas.
This year up to the 06 june 2014 issued = 400 if I'm not mistaking !
With the 4 months left I'm pretty sure they will reach the same amount !

Ok so if they continue to issue at the same rate as up to to 6 June how many visas should theoretically be issued by the end of August i.e. up to 1450 CN?

Ok so if they continue to issue at the same rate as up to to 6 June how many visas should theoretically be issued by the end of August i.e. up to 1450 CN?
There will be a pretty good jump for september so that will do.
Bear in mind the Data doesn't include AOS and plainty aussies are readjusting on the us soil!
And if you add some missing Data and outside Cps...
That's how I see it by now hearty.

There also seem to be a great deal that are listed as ready. It haven't moved either way since the beginning.