August Filers Post Here

Thanks everyone. I didnt get any email alerts from any of those updates. It's weird. But anyhow, I didn't need to since I check it everyday.

Wonder if I can start looking for a new job. Hopefully I receive my employment authorization card soon.

Thanks everyone. I didnt get any email alerts from any of those updates. It's weird. But anyhow, I didn't need to since I check it everyday.

I don't think their automatic updates via email works. I didn't receive any either!

Praise the Lord!
Finally some update on my online portfolio!
It almost seems like they didn't touch my file until yesterday. Nevertheless, I'm grateful :)

Congratulations talkingtac and imme!!

I mailed on 20th of August. Logically now they should look at my file..
But I know every well "logic" and INS do not go together...

I was not going to check status today. But after reading talkingtac 's post jsut could not resist.
but no luck...

Let me try to control till Friday now!!

Subbu

Hello all,
Congrats to everyone who has received their cards! I am still waiting.

I pray that there will be an update soon.

Anyone out there on the same page as me??

Thanks

Thanks, ilovethe80s

I really needed the AP so I can go see my dying grandfather and I've been praying for myself to get it. But now I'll pray specifically for you too :)

Somewhat comforting (?) thing is that we're quickly approaching the 90th day deadline for them to issue EAD. So if you don't get it in the next 1-2 weeks, you have the right to call them or Infopass them and demand it.

Yeh!!

finally for my I131 I see -
we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

So gald that parol is approved. Now my mother can go back to India to take care of some important stuff back home..

It helped to see all your status.

ilovethe80s , you are next!!

Subbu

Aug 19(-1) - Mailed I-131, I-130 and I-485
Aug 20(0)- Applications received
Aug 25(5)- NOA received for 130, 131 and 485
Aug 25(5)- Checks encashed
Aug 27(5)- Received FP Notice (Sceduled for 17th Sep)
Sep 17 - FP done
Sep 17- received letter saying case transfered to CA service center,
Oct 1- 130 + 485 status seen online. (not sure when it started showing, I checked it on 1 stOct.) 131 not yet seen online
Oct 29 - I 31 LUd changed. Approval letter sent

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I am little worried, I have no movement on my file since 9/6/08. That is when I did my FP??

I can't add I-130 or I-131?

I keep checking each day but nothing yet.

Got another update today. Just a little confused with the 2nd update for I765 in my sig ..any ideas?

Approved I130 and I131

Hello all,
I received notice today that I was approved for both I 130 and I 131.

Best of luck to you all.

Hello all,
I received notice today that I was approved for both I 130 and I 131.

Best of luck to you all.

Congrats panther0528!

I also got an update today! "Card production ordered" -- for EAD! Yay!

I'm sure those with no updates will get theirs soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats again to all who got updates. I got another update just today as well. Please see sig.

Hi guys!
I'm getting a little bit nervous... nothing yet on my EAD and AP (only 485 and 765 are online) - and I really would like to get my AP. I just heard yesterday that my grandmother (of 95 yrs old) is in the hospital, and I would like to be ready to get on the plane if I need to.

Just a few questions:
If I need to leave, say.. tomorrow, and I obviously won't have my AP, could I just go and wait in my home country until my husband sends me the AP and then travel back... or:
Can I go to the local office (w/o appointment) and explain my situation, and get an AP quickly?
Any other options? Is there anything I can do to speed up things?

Also, what do I need to bring in case I'm leaving the country (with AP)? Should I bring my massive file with copies of the AOS and evidence?

Right now I'm on a J-1 visa, and I was wondering what happens to my status when I leave and return with an AP. Am I entering the country on my J-1; i.e. am I still in J-1 status, or am I "AOS pending"? Or something else?

Anna