August Filers Post Here

My mother's timeline for GC

I have applied GC for my mother and still waiting for approval of I-131, I-130 and I-485. Here is the timeline

8/27/08 - Mother's I-130/I-485/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
8/28/08 - Delivered by FedEx to Chicago Lockbox
9/02/08 - Notice dates for all notices
9/04/08 - I-131 online
9/06/08 - Received notices for I-130/I-485/I-131
9/08/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
9/20/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
9/22/08 - LUD - I-130 and I-485 Transfered to CSC.
09/30/08 - Received notice that I-485/I-130 transferred to CSC.
10/06/08 - LUD - I-130 and I-485 Transferred and now in CSC
11/06/08 - LUD - I-131 Approved and notice has been sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey August Filers,

filed my papers on the 31st of August. Its been 44 Days since my FP appointment. I'm hoping I can get my EAD this week. Does anyone know what the average time line is for recieving the EAD. If you don't get a RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
The average time - I don't know... Seems like everyone gets theirs around 60-70 days, does that sound alright? But they should give you at least some info in 90 days since you got your NOA's.
Since it's been more than 3 months since I received an update, I just called USCIS to check on my EAD and AP. Luckily they were very cooperative, and they're going to see what happened to it. The target dates for them to reply are November 15 (for EAD) and November 24 (for AP). They also made an "expedited" request for the AP since my grandmother is in the hospital in my home country - ironically they still call it expedited after it's late :)
I'll try to be patient!
Congrats to everyone again on your progress...

The average time - I don't know... Seems like everyone gets theirs around 60-70 days, does that sound alright? But they should give you at least some info in 90 days since you got your NOA's.
Since it's been more than 3 months since I received an update, I just called USCIS to check on my EAD and AP. Luckily they were very cooperative, and they're going to see what happened to it. The target dates for them to reply are November 15 (for EAD) and November 24 (for AP). They also made an "expedited" request for the AP since my grandmother is in the hospital in my home country - ironically they still call it expedited after it's late :)
I'll try to be patient!
Congrats to everyone again on your progress...

Anna, what number did you call? what did you tell them exactly to get transferred to an officer?

Anna, what number did you call? what did you tell them exactly to get transferred to an officer?

I called the standard 1-800-375-5283 number, option 1 for English, option 2 (I think) for reporting a problem with an existing application, and then after giving my receipt number, I got somehow transferred to someone who processed my EAD. After that she transferred me to an officer for my AP, since this one is not showing up online in the system yet. It went pretty smoothly, to my surprise. Of course it did take about 45 minutes in total, but it'll be worth it!

I hope they can stick to their promised target date of nov 15 - I'll give an update soon!

Does anyone know if the "processing time frame" for i-485 on the USCIS website is giving a good prognosis of how long it's going to take?
For my local office it's Nov 2007 :eek: ... Does this mean that the people that filed back then are getting the interview around this time, or the actual green card?
Are things going to speed up at all compared to last year? What do you guys think - I'm a little shocked and afraid... I was hoping to get a specific grad school stipend in Fall 2009, but that can only be given to permanent residents.

Does anyone know if the "processing time frame" for i-485 on the USCIS website is giving a good prognosis of how long it's going to take?
For my local office it's Nov 2007 :eek: ... Does this mean that the people that filed back then are getting the interview around this time, or the actual green card?
Are things going to speed up at all compared to last year? What do you guys think - I'm a little shocked and afraid... I was hoping to get a specific grad school stipend in Fall 2009, but that can only be given to permanent residents.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I look for the timeframe of the center where my 130 was filed... in my case Vermont which is the slowest I bet. They have a date of Feb 2008 but I am not sure what to make of this date. Is it that they are processing files submited by this date? Am kinda confused:confused:

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I look for the timeframe of the center where my 130 was filed... in my case Vermont which is the slowest I bet. They have a date of Feb 2008 but I am not sure what to make of this date. Is it that they are processing files submited by this date? Am kinda confused:confused:

I really never understood the processing times dates since they show data that does not make sense.
For example, when I got my citizenship, the processing times still showed a period that started before I even applied..
When you look at trackers for Green Card, you will see people who filed in May and even June and got their GC already...
So, this timeline they post is confusing..

Re: Processing Times

The I-485 processing times for each individual district office varies from place to place. The USCIS processing times that we see are an indication of what cases they are currently working on. So if it says November 2007- this means they are working on I-485 applications with NOA of November 2007. With this said, there is a loop hole here. The applications that they are working on also could be cases that were missing documents or were out of date etc.

I hope this helps.

Have you guys seen the September thread?
There are 2 persons who got their interview letters already!
Anybody from the August team?

Hi AnnaHJ...

My case is pretty similar to yours. Same reason for RFE. I think because of RFE your case is getting delayed. I hope we both get EAD/AP soon.