August Filers Post Here

You were right!
My IL was waiting for me when I returned. The letter was dated 12/22.

Does anybody know if you're supposed to bring all of the documents listed on the interview letter even if you have submitted the identical documents in the application? Thanks!

CONGRATS talkingtac!

I'm thinking no (medical exam and taxes filed), but I wonder what was experienced by those who have already been interviewed.

Interview dates for August filers

Yes, I have too much time on my hands. I put together this interview schedule for us August 2008 filers. Sorry if I had missed anyone else here. If you want to add to the list or edit, please do so. All the best to all of us!

1/21 - imme
1/26 - ProudPal
1/27 - panther0528
1/28 - pat2ondo
2/5 - dasi485
2/9 - Ilovethe80s
2/14 - Jupiter07
2/18 - fresh863
2/23 - talkingtac

Nothing here yet... :(

I assume it's at my local office - their processing date is December 29 2007... Any ideas on how long I should wait before giving them a call?

Nothing here yet... :(

I assume it's at my local office - their processing date is December 29 2007... Any ideas on how long I should wait before giving them a call?

I'm sorry yours is taking longer than usual. I don't know when the good time is to call. I suggest you do now, but I'm antsy that way. At least it will make you sleep better tonight, whatever answer you get (even if it's "call us again in a week or two.")

Good luck!

just to keep all info in the thread...

ProudPal's wife interview on 1/26/09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the office 10 minutes before our appointment.
We had to wait like 20 extra minutes after our appointment before we were called in.
WE had our 2 kids with us.
We were sworn in and asked for our IDs.
Once she saw the kids, she said that if everything goes well, she will probably have this one interview and there will be no second interview.
The lady started with me asking me all the info on my petition for my wife.
I answered all and confirmed all information in the application as well as on the I864.
Then, she asked my wife to confirm all the information in her I485.
She asked for proofs that we have common assets and we showed the title and bank account as well as insurance.
(I already submitted copies of that info but she asked for them).
Also, she asked for copies of the kids' birth certs (though i provided originals to them with the apps).
SHe then said we are approved and we should expect the permenant card to arrive in 2-4 weeks.
No question whatsoever on how and where we met.
No question about personal life at all.
She then crossed the wife's F1 visa and voided it on her passport and took the I-94 card out and kept it with her.
She gave us a congratulation letter saying we passed the interview I think.
It said
"Congratulations, your I485 will be recommended for final approval."

Good luck to all.

Online status has been updated with date of 1/26/09.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 26, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

The I130 although shows status update of 1/26/09, it still has same message.

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 27, 2008, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks for posting your experience here ProudPal -- congrats!

I wonder how the other August filers' interviews went. Again, good luck to us all!

just to keep all info in the thread...

ProudPal's wife interview on 1/26/09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the office 10 minutes before our appointment.
We had to wait like 20 extra minutes after our appointment before we were called in.
WE had our 2 kids with us.
We were sworn in and asked for our IDs.
Once she saw the kids, she said that if everything goes well, she will probably have this one interview and there will be no second interview.
The lady started with me asking me all the info on my petition for my wife.
I answered all and confirmed all information in the application as well as on the I864.
Then, she asked my wife to confirm all the information in her I485.
She asked for proofs that we have common assets and we showed the title and bank account as well as insurance.
(I already submitted copies of that info but she asked for them).
Also, she asked for copies of the kids' birth certs (though i provided originals to them with the apps).
SHe then said we are approved and we should expect the permenant card to arrive in 2-4 weeks.
No question whatsoever on how and where we met.
No question about personal life at all.
She then crossed the wife's F1 visa and voided it on her passport and took the I-94 card out and kept it with her.
She gave us a congratulation letter saying we passed the interview I think.
It said
"Congratulations, your I485 will be recommended for final approval."

Good luck to all.

Online status has been updated with date of 1/26/09.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 26, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

The I130 although shows status update of 1/26/09, it still has same message.

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 27, 2008, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Spent the last few days freaking, yeah, I freak over nothing, that's just me.
Good Luck to all Aug filers.
Congrats to ProudPal.

Interview 1/26/09

Hello Everyone:
Our interview was yesterday at 9:30a . Here is how our's went.

Got there about 25 minutes early with our lawyer and got called in by a gentleman at 9:45a

He sworn us in. Asked for passports, id's and ead card (old and new). He didn't look at my US passport at all. He removed I-94 for hubands passport, and asked him how many enteries he had into the U.S.

Went over the prior employment based application denial with the lawyer.

After all that was cleared, he asked my husband our address, and my dob.

Asked if we had children, we told him we had one on the way. He asked for prenatal care papers/proof. I gave him blood work and ultrasound pics.

Asked for copies of utilities and assets together, no orginals.

He was not interested in seeing any originals, which surprised us alot.

He didn't ask for the marriage certificate or my birth certificate.

The interview was more about my husband's prior employment based application and very vey little about current the marriage based application. He was very smart, and probably could tell we were a bona fide marriage.

He then said, well I recommend this for approval, after I clear some of the prior employment application history with my spouse. He kept the EAD's and I-94. He made my husband and I sign some paper?? And that was the end of that. He said we would get our card within 12 days.

We saw the "online producution of card" last night around 5:30p.m. CST

I wish the best to all of you. Just so you know, be yourself and you will be fine. If it is any consolation, our case was much complicated because our lawyer made an error from a prior application. With that being said, everything was fine and it was a successful interview. best of luck to all,

Congratulations panther0528! Now two August filers have had successful interviews so far.

I got curious about your case, only because I also had an EB-based GC petition prior to marrying my husband. You said yours was complicated and had a filing error? I don't think mine had any issues other than it was denied due to the company's (also my H1B sponsor) inability to pay the salary. It was denied when I was already married to my husband.

I am just wondering why your IO was focused on the EB case. Can you share?

Thanks!

Hello Everyone:
Our interview was yesterday at 9:30a . Here is how our's went.

Got there about 25 minutes early with our lawyer and got called in by a gentleman at 9:45a

He sworn us in. Asked for passports, id's and ead card (old and new). He didn't look at my US passport at all. He removed I-94 for hubands passport, and asked him how many enteries he had into the U.S.

Went over the prior employment based application denial with the lawyer.

After all that was cleared, he asked my husband our address, and my dob.

Asked if we had children, we told him we had one on the way. He asked for prenatal care papers/proof. I gave him blood work and ultrasound pics.

Asked for copies of utilities and assets together, no orginals.

He was not interested in seeing any originals, which surprised us alot.

He didn't ask for the marriage certificate or my birth certificate.

The interview was more about my husband's prior employment based application and very vey little about current the marriage based application. He was very smart, and probably could tell we were a bona fide marriage.

He then said, well I recommend this for approval, after I clear some of the prior employment application history with my spouse. He kept the EAD's and I-94. He made my husband and I sign some paper?? And that was the end of that. He said we would get our card within 12 days.

We saw the "online producution of card" last night around 5:30p.m. CST

I wish the best to all of you. Just so you know, be yourself and you will be fine. If it is any consolation, our case was much complicated because our lawyer made an error from a prior application. With that being said, everything was fine and it was a successful interview. best of luck to all,

recieved an email that my mother's I130 have been approved.
now what ?
how long from here until interview date for CP
I submitted mid August