August Filers Post Here

I've just recieved my SS card today by mail, with a note in it that says "Valid for work only with DHS authorization".
Looks like I'll have to apply for another one later if my immigration status changes.

Now it's time to list my time line here. I'm glad to report that I got my interview letter today. Best wishes to everyone and we all are getting closer.

PS. This is my first post in this forum :)

Newark NJ, DO
------------------
8/20/2008 I-130 & I-485 mailed to Chicago LockBox (I didn't apply for I-131 and I-765)
8/22/2008 Applications received by USCIS
8/26/2008 Check cashed
9/2/2008 NOA for I-485 received
9/2/2008 NOA for Fingerprint received
9/9/2008 NOA for I-130 received
9/10/2008 I-130 Case online
9/18/2008 Fingerprint done
9/18/2008 I-485 Case online
12/6/2008 Interview letter received (for 2/18/2009 interview)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's time to list my time line here. I'm glad to report that I got my interview letter today. Best wishes to everyone and we all are getting closer.

PS. This is my first post in this forum :)

Newark NJ, DO
------------------
8/20/2008 I-130 & I-485 mailed to Chicago LockBox (I didn't apply for I-131 and I-765)
8/22/2008 Applications received by USCIS
8/26/2008 Check cashed
9/2/2008 NOA for I-485 received
9/2/2008 NOA for Fingerprint received
9/9/2008 NOA for I-130 received
9/10/2008 I-130 Case online
9/18/2008 Fingerprint done
9/18/2008 I-485 Case online
12/6/2008 Interview letter received (for 2/18/2009 interview)

Congrats! You got your IL before your EAD?! That's amazing!

I've just recieved my SS card today by mail, with a note in it that says "Valid for work only with DHS authorization".
Looks like I'll have to apply for another one later if my immigration status changes.

Yes, you have it updated when you get your greencard, and they remove the "exemption." Mine has it too, when I got my SS card as an H1B years ago.

Congrats to everyone on their ILs!!

Does everyone have all their forms online on the uscis website? I still don't have anything on my i-130 - the rest is at least in the system. Do you think I should call or just wait?

Hi, I just send form I-130 for my wife who live overseas. What is the next step?

hi, do you know how long does it takes for approval letter?
please let me know.
i applied for my wife overseas 6 months ago, and i havent got anything yet.
thank you.

Il

Hey Guys,

Got my IL on wednesday this week my ID is 5th Feb 2009.

I'm still waiting for my SSN, My EAD is still not showing up in the SAVE database. So for now its a worthless piece of plastic.

Hey Guys,

Got my IL on wednesday this week my ID is 5th Feb 2009.

I'm still waiting for my SSN, My EAD is still not showing up in the SAVE database. So for now its a worthless piece of plastic.

Congratulations dasi485!

If I'm not mistaken, there are now 3 or 4 August filers with ILs.

It seems to ME that your trip is more important to you than being a legal permanent resident in this country. People wait for so long so that they could get a legal status in here, but you are sad that your interview is close to your trip. So what if you have to change the flight itenery and change your plan...Sometimes things happen in the life but we need to choose things based on the priority.

It's your fault. I mean, you knew that you have a pending AOS then you shouldn't have planned any trip or if you really had to then should have booked with the insurance so that you could change your itenery without any penelty. Insurance costs only $30-$45 on a ticket.

If your AOS gets approved then you must not leave the country on AP because AP is for those who have a pending AOS. So, once your AOS gets approved, you wouldn't have pending AOS which means AP would be voided and you will not be allowed back in the country on AP even if you might hold it in your possession. Thus, don't even dare to leave the country on AP if your AOS gets approved.

You have a few choices now to deal with your situation-

(1) Request to reschedule your interview for another time. But then you will be waiting for many months for the next interview date.

(2) If your AOS gets approved then explain your trip and reason of trip to the officer nicely and politely and request to stamp the passport. Normally USCIS doesn't stamp the passport anymore but they still do it on a case-by-case basis if there is reasonable reason is provided. Many people were able to get a stamp on their passport lately who were exactly in your situation. But you would need to request it politely and don't be discouraged if officer refuses to stamp the passport. Make your plea nicely and politely with evidences of your trip and reasoning and request to speak with the supervisor of the officer. I'm sure officer/supervisor will stamp the passport so that you can travel. But make sure to take your ticket itinery and reasoning for the trip.

Good luck....

Thanks woodenshoe, that advise is very helpful! that's why I am not very happy when I found out that the interview date is close to the flight. I can't afford to move that flight because I'll have to be home for my religious/traditional wedding and everything will be all set there =(

Congratulations dasi485!

If I'm not mistaken, there are now 3 or 4 August filers with ILs.

Congrats to dasi485 + all with ILs.
Where is my IL?:mad:
Oh well, has anyone caught a mailbox bug like me? I find myself checking my mailbox everyday!:) And being disappointed daily!:):) My DO is still processing March applications, so I will still back and enjoy my Christmas holidays. Good luck to us all.

Congrats to dasi485 + all with ILs.
Where is my IL?:mad:
Oh well, has anyone caught a mailbox bug like me? I find myself checking my mailbox everyday!:) And being disappointed daily!:):) My DO is still processing March applications, so I will still back and enjoy my Christmas holidays. Good luck to us all.

Yes, I have the bug too. I hear it's going around :) My DO is processing April apps. GREAT...

We all checked the mailbox 10000 a day...
but, the processing dates are useless though...
So, don't worry too much...

Ssn

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to Know if any August filers have recieved there Social Security Numbers.

I applied for my SSN 3 weeks ago and was told my EAD was not in the system and have to wait for USCIS to update the system.

Just wanted to know if any of you have got your SSN.

Thanks

My EAD shows valid Since 12 Nov 2008.

Last edited by a moderator: